Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scratches On Neck

xChrisstinax

Asked my sister to look at my neck she said “omg.” She took a picture and showed me and I told her I didn’t do that. It started off as a sting , so I avoided it.. I couldn’t see the back of my neck anyways. Then that’s when I asked her.. I have no pets to cause this.. and my sister and friend says that it doesn’t even look like a person could of did this. My brother said poltergeist... but idk ... it’s weird because my sister looked up some stuff and it said : hearing things , and I have been hearing things lately , like moving .. but I thought it was my cat then I just realized I didn’t have her when it was happening. It also said something about “fire” and just the other day my fire alarm went off when I was sleeping and my sister came over next day said it spelt like a fire .. but nothing happened.

( the pic is just some of the scratches , there’s more going down toward my neck / back )

5F9B5045-AD0A-4BE5-8AB2-20EA6B74AB75.jpeg

41 minutes ago, xChrisstinax said:

It started off as a sting

Either it's an allergic reaction or you've been unconsciously scratching at it. Probably both.

• Like 4

That's nuts.  But yeah could definitely be an allergic reaction or even an infestation by something like scabies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xChrisstinax said:

My brother said poltergeist...

I say you did that by yourself so you should ask for professional help (doctor) soon.

• Like 3

I'd be inclined to agree with all of the above. 

Maybe we need a 'medical' subsection of the forum. This kind of thing crops up pretty regularly.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, xChrisstinax said:

it’s weird because my sister looked up some stuff

Look up stuff on what site?

No medical site would have said any of those things.

They are scratches, you could have done it when asleep, but you can not remember.

There are no poltergeist.

You obviously all believe in this kind of woo, you should be looking at medical sites and going to your doctor as you were stung and it caused you to scratch it.

You could have dermatographia:

Dermatographia is a skin condition that causes individuals to develop raised welts after their skin is scratched. 

Although skin writing may sound exotic, dermatographia is a common condition, affecting 2 to 5 percent of the population. It is considered one of the more prevalent forms of hives and accounts for 7 to 10 percent of all cases of skin rashes and swelling.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/319258.php

• Like 3

Too thin to be human fingernail scatches,could be done by a pet or a rat in the house or paranormal.

5 minutes ago, openozy said:

Too thin to be human fingernail scatches,could be done by a pet or a rat in the house or paranormal.

One or two ragged nails could definitely do that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, openozy said:

What? A rat? They would have know if a rat had done that..even if they were asleep, a rat would have woken then up.

You obviously do not know much about rats.....or fingernails.

And what do you mean by paranormal? This condition has been seen many times before and the op should be going to their doctors as if it is a result from being stung then it cause an infection and it could well be they have dermatographia. 

Why do people come out with the ridiculous when there are medical explanations as to what this could be? It baffles me!!!

• Thanks 3

@xChrisstinax

In relation to the bit below and that the scratches do not look freshly done, how long do you think you had been scratching before you asked your sister to look at your neck? 

It started off as a sting , so I avoided it.. I couldn’t see the back of my neck anyways

Edited by freetoroam

50 minutes ago, Stiff said:

I'd be inclined to agree with all of the above. 

Maybe we need a 'medical' subsection of the forum. This kind of thing crops up pretty regularly.

Maybe a health and well-being section? It's a good idea Stiff.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Maybe a health and well-being section? It's a good idea Stiff.

I am not too sure, sounds a good idea,  but only if we can ask the mods to move some of the believers and their threads on the religious and the paranormal forums there. ( health and well-being has to include mental health too ) 

It would be packed. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

I am not too sure, sounds a good idea,  but only if we can ask the mods to move some of the believers and their threads on the religious and the paranormal forums there. ( health and well-being has to include mental health too ) 

It would be packed. 

Not like it's going to happen. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Either it's an allergic reaction or you've been unconsciously scratching at it. Probably both.

That looks self inflicted but a object was used. That's no bites or fingernails.

I'm calling a "attention grab". 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I've actually saw similar patterns on "cutters" but they don't flash it and cut deep. I had one kid almost bleed to death. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, xChrisstinax said:

My brother said poltergeist..

As you would, why be a boring fart and look for mundane explanations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Ragged fingernails, as others have said, could definitely do it. Allergens are rampant in the Fall too so the allergic reaction theories are definitely a thought. I have super sensitive skin that is pale AF. I barely need to run my nails over my skin and I raise welts.

Didn't the OP say she had a cat? I have several and get scratched in my sleep all the time

• Like 1

4 hours ago, xChrisstinax said:

A hearing things , and I have been hearing things lately , like moving .. but I thought it was my cat then I just realized I didn’t have her when it was happening. It also said something about “fire” and just the other day my fire alarm went off when I was sleeping and my sister came over next day said it spelt like a fire .. but nothing happened.

( the pic is just some of the scratches , there’s more going down toward my neck / back )

I am one here that believes scratches are one of the more common signs of paranormal activity. Along with the above additional strangeness, there is a good likeliness something beyond the normal is involved in those odd placed scratches. Keep tabs on things going on and hopefully this will be the last malevolent attack. If it continues then it is time to take action.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Piney said:

That looks self inflicted but a object was used. That's no bites or fingernails.

I'm calling a "attention grab". 

Could be true. The more I look at the pic. The less like a neck it looks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I am one here that believes scratches are one of the more common signs of paranormal activity. Along with the above additional strangeness, there is a good likeliness something beyond the normal is involved in those odd placed scratches. Keep tabs on things going on and hopefully this will be the last malevolent attack. If it continues then it is time to take action.

I think the first action should be to see a doctor and rule out any other possibilities first. Then examine the sheets, blankets and bed for anything that may have caused it. And keep the cat out of the bedroom. If after doing all of the above, then and only then should anything paranormal even be considered. Although I doubt it would be necessary after taking the other actions I pointed out first.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jenn8779 said:

I think the first action should be to see a doctor and rule out any other possibilities first. Then examine the sheets, blankets and bed for anything that may have caused it. And keep the cat out of the bedroom. If after doing all of the above, then and only then should anything paranormal even be considered. Although I doubt it would be necessary after taking the other actions I pointed out first.

I generally in these cases think the person would first consider obvious causes and found no satisfactory explanation. As to the cat, the OP said........ but I thought it was my cat then I just realized I didn’t have her when it was happening.

I give OPs credit for thinking the obvious.

11 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Here we go.....

I'm sure you have had experience with "attention grabbers" and people with mental health issues who contacted you about "hauntings" and "possessions" and you went out to investigate.

I do you don't.  

STOP GIVING ADVICE ABOUT MATTERS YOU HAVE NO EXPERIENCE IN!!!

• Thanks 3

• The topic was locked