Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What time do you eat dinner?

internetperson

When is your ideal time to have dinner? I generally eat pretty early which causes problems when having dinner with other folks, I usually have a small sandwich or something before actual dinner to hold me over. I wanna train my body to get used to eating at a more normal time.

Between 19.00 and 21.00. My days start late, and I am usually op till 2.00 or later.

Why do english speaking countries persist on using AM/PM? It's silly. The 24H system is much less confusing. That's why your military uses it! Duh!

Edited by sci-nerd

Right after work and a shower. But that time varies so it may be 4 pm or 8 pm.

I hate eating and the only way I can stomach it (both literally and figuratively) is to plan everything I need to eat ahead of time and then portion it out into six small meals. The last meal of the day is between 3-4 PM. I might have a smoothie or something a little later. I do occasionally have a late supper, but never quite feel right afterwards.

I eat right after work if I have leftovers, or as soon as I can after being done work if I have to cook. So, I'm usually eating between 18:00 - 20:00 most nights.

typically the household eats dinner around 7pm, but starting in 2 weeks it will be moved ahead to 5pm.

I always eat between 5 pm and 5:30 pm.  Any sooner and I'm not hungry enough.  And anytime afterwards is too late for me.

I am a shift worker. So it depends on the day and is ridiculously important that I am organised with food so that I don't just grab and run. 

If I don't plan and make healthy and nutritious ahead of time meals ( with snacks) I become a fat mess.

Time for breakfast. Poached eggs and wilted greens. Yum.

On 17/10/2018 at 10:35 AM, sci-nerd said:

Between 19.00 and 21.00. My days start late, and I am usually op till 2.00 or later.

Why do english speaking countries persist on using AM/PM? It's silly. The 24H system is much less confusing. That's why your military uses it! Duh!

It's not really confusing. It is alphabetically ordered. AM in the morning. Pm in the evening. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Kismit said:

It's not really confusing. It is alphabetically ordered. AM in the morning. Pm in the evening. 

A lot get confused about 12AM and 12PM. 'Cause which one of them is midnight, and which one is noon? :blink: :D

Well, since we are still in BST (bloody silly time) in the UK it's easy.  Midday is 1pm :P 

edit: when on real time, midday is 12am

Edited by Essan

20 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

A lot get confused about 12AM and 12PM. 'Cause which one of them is midnight, and which one is noon? :blink: :D

Truth is 12 AM does not existfor that reason.  It's actually just 12 or 12 noon.

But people tend to use 12am to represent the  middle of the day. And 12 pm is late.

Just now, Kismit said:

Truth is 12 AM does not existfor that reason.  It's actually just 12. 

But people tend to use 12am to represent the  middle of the day. And 12 pm is late.

In the 24H system you'd never be in any doubt ;)

• Like 1

Just now, sci-nerd said:

In the 24H system you'd never be in any doubt ;)

I  can do that one too. Not every one can though. 

• Like 1

Depends on the day. On a workday, snack/tea time is around 4, something light and quick during my break. Dinner is around 6, when I take my lunch break. Supper is around 10ish after work and I’m in the mood for something light.

On my days off, there’s a lot more general grazing all day. Depends on what I got burbling in the kitchen. So dinner tends to run around 7-8ish. Some evenings I have things to do later, and then dinner shifts to 5ish with a heavy brunch earlier in the day and a bit of supper around 9-10ish.

In the southern part of the US, dinner is lunch and supper is dinner. I’m a yankee living in the south so I eat lunch noonish and dinner is 6 pm. 

When I was a kid growing up, I usually ate supper at 5:30 or so.

However, a friend of mine back then wouldn't eat supper till nearly 7 pm each night, as his parents worked late in those days.

I'm glad I didn't have to wait that long to eat supper when I was young.

• 1 month later...

I work the third shift or graveyard shift as some call it so I will eat a lighter meal or dinner around 7 am.

I'd say the ideal time to eat dinner would be 7 pm. However, it ranges from 5-9 pm depending on what my schedule throws at me 

I am a chef. My work hours are pretty all over the place and I can't work on a full stomach, especially if I am on the pass where I need to have as clean a palate as possible. So I will either eat super early at like 3pm and then have something after work or if it is going to be a big night I will not eat at all until like 11 or 12 pm. A lot of places I work I will get a knock off meal.

If I am not working then it will generally be about a 7pm dinner. I enjoy cooking for people when I am not working. Cooking for friends or family. Cooking at work is beautiful but it is also quite regimented. Cooked to order. It is nice to cook outside work and just make whatever I feel like. Play with food.

• Like 1