Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Marijuana is legal in Canada

The Caspian Hare

the initial excitement will wear out soon, and things will be back to normal, just like before. then you'll look back and realize, the chase was better than the catch.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, aztek said:

the initial excitement will wear out soon, and things will be back to normal, just like before. then you'll look back and realize, the chase was better than the catch.

The biggest change is that normal citizens can now enjoy pot without fear of the law. Other than that, it's just another day. The people that weren't using Cannabis on October 16th aren't going to start suddenly using it October 17th. Both the Canadian and American Government seriously overestimate the effectiveness of their drugs laws: Marijuana laws were never some giant dam holding back 30 million potential smokers. The people who wanted to smoke smoked, the people who didn't still don't. So yeah - it's pretty much just another day but with a little more freedom.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

"Give us your rich, your affluent, your stoner masses, yearning to breathe free?"

Just one more thing I want to add RE legalization..

I find it gross how the media has handled this. Right from the first whispers of legalization, the Canadian media has been running stories that would fit right in to the "reefer madness" days. They published and aired one big scary story after another about the coming devastation Marijuana would have on kids. They went on and on about brain damage, intoxicated drivers and more. They really went out of their way to make it sound like legalization was going to be the end of civilized society. If lawmakers had been following these stories, it's no wonder they designed the legislation with so much paranoia behind it. Cannabis retail stores in Calgary have already been warned for displaying "too much advertising".

“AGLC is working with retail locations to educate and assist with understanding the new policies and regulations in place,” said Miller.

Those regulations prohibit any promotions that appeal to youth or product price and their distribution.

Testimonials are also banned as are any presentations that might evoke an emotional response or depiction of glamour.

Sorry, what drug are we talking about here? Crystal meth? A startup retail store can't even publish testimonials because it "might evoke an emotional response"? The entire point of advertising is to evoke an emotional response to sell your product

Walking into a blacked out, non-descript head shop feels like you're walking in to the "back" of the video store. Sure it's technically legal but they make it feel shameful and it shouldn't be. Not happy about how they handled this at all.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

Hey if you heard on the news that retailers are already out, time to text your favorite dealer. The black market will stay strong until weed stores are as common as McDonalds with prices to match. AKA summer 2019 at the earliest, IMO.

I don't really use it all that much, mostly on special occasions. Don't really have pushers or dealers anyways, fact is most of the street peddlers are undercover law people anyways. Generally we go by word and via recommendation only.

The funny thing now is the herb users are mostly old coots. Hardly see any of the young 'uns doing it, pill popping and free basing is just so much simpler and easier for their lifestyles I guess.

~

• Like 1

Who needs drugs when we have such an intense variety of music!

Just one...

On 10/23/2018 at 4:50 PM, Dark_Grey said:

I find it gross how the media has handled this. Right from the first whispers of legalization, the Canadian media has been running stories that would fit right in to the "reefer madness" days. They published and aired one big scary story after another about the coming devastation Marijuana would have on kids. They went on and on about brain damage, intoxicated drivers and more. They really went out of their way to make it sound like legalization was going to be the end of civilized society. If lawmakers had been following these stories, it's no wonder they designed the legislation with so much paranoia behind it. Cannabis retail stores in Calgary have already been warned for displaying "too much advertising".

I haven't read much in the way of reefer madness warnings. Most of the articles have been about logistics and the like. The warning I see most often is not to travel to the US or any other country with it. I received a card in the mail yesterday outlining the new law and some general information on it. The travel warning was on that as well.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

I haven't read much in the way of reefer madness warnings.

Me neither. Mostly reiterating what is legally and what isn't. I actually found a lot of tongue in cheek humour in the reports like the free weed bins at Pearson.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

Me neither. Mostly reiterating what is legally and what isn't. I actually found a lot of tongue in cheek humour in the reports like the free weed bins at Pearson.

Yeah the free weed bins at Pearson was funny. Then airport authorities had to go and dash everyone's excitement by saying what goes in those bins doesn't come out.

I smell it on the streets every now and then, by the way. It's especially bad around Union Station for some reason.

For those whom might think "well, pot is natural"...

So is nicotine, but did you know that if you consumed, at one time, the entire nicotine of a pack of cigarettes that you would shortly go into lethal cardiac arrest and die? It's a fact.

Many, many, many poisons and toxins are "natural"

"Natural" doesn't mean "safe"

Fortunately, on a toxic level, pot is less harmful than cigarettes or alcohol.

• 3 weeks later...