Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A ghost or what???

Bliznaca

On 10/17/2018 at 6:09 PM, Aaron2016 said:

Could be anything of course, but if I increase the saturation he appears to be wearing green and brown.

The green and brown is just soil and foliage. That's all that's there.

4 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

My issue with photos are, why can a camera see yhe supernatural but not the human eye?

If a thing was right there the person taking the picture would see it.

I agree and would like an expert to explain what properties would a "ghost" have to have to be invisible to the naked eye but visible to some degree on film. Is it a type of light or something? Normal camera I mean, nothing fancy.

I am speaking as a person who can see "spirits" at times, so am not a sceptic entirely, just dubious about a lot of these pictures (like, 95% of them). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

My issue with photos are, why can a camera see yhe supernatural but not the human eye?

Same thing with EVP's heard on recording and not at the time with the ears. I hear from some....its a different frequency......its a frequency you can hear or else you would still hear nothing at playback.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

Good questions. Possibilities include:

1) camera being more sensitive to some vibrations

2) camera see better in the dark

3) Human brains block input from the non-physical

4) The entity was very shorted lived in the visible range. Often with two quick photos only one will have something.

etc.

• Haha 1

Was a graveyard? What is it now?

What the name of this graveyard?

Possibly a statue or a fence post? 

5 hours ago, Bliznaca said:

the only think i know about the place that a many years ago it was a graveyard.

Because of the lack of light coupled with the flash, looks like  parts of the pavement and the part at the bottom, posibly small pothole as there are 2 other darker parts on that road. 

Zoomed it you will see the darker part is not connected and the bit at the top is possibly folliage. 

Very bad lighting, slightly grainy image and a bad road leads to pareidolia.

Do you have a picture of that bit of road during the day so we can see the paving as in that picture it does not look like it is tarmacked well. It looks gravelled and uneven.

5 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

I agree and would like an expert to explain what properties would a "ghost" have to have to be invisible to the naked eye but visible to some degree on film.

.. or digital..

Both film and digital cameras have a very slightly extended recordable spectrum compared to the human eye.  Talking about 'normal' digital sensors only, they do detect some 'near IR', for example they can show the IR emission from a remote control, normally not visible to the naked eye.  This ability does not extend into IR, ie you can't use it to see heat, or for night vision.  They also can record some frequencies just beyond violet at the UV end of the spectrum, too (which is why some flowers will display 'unreal' looking purples or pinks on some cameras).

However, this extended response is very limited indeed - it's NOT as if there is a hidden world of stuff to see in these light frequencies.  As an excuse to explain why cameras might see something that the eye doesn't..? I'm not buying it for a second.

First up, why (and HOW)  the heck would anything, let alone a mythical spirit, constrain itself to a narrow band of light?  Nothing else does.

Secondly, those pushing this seem to have not a clue how cameras/lenses/sensors work.  These things are not really like eyes at all, and all sorts of weird and wonderful effects look quite different when captured on a still image or on video.  I've yet to see a single example of something that wasn't explainable given a full knowledge of how the camera actually works and what settings were used.

If anyone has such an example, ie something only explainable by slightly extended frequency range, please post it here and now...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thank you @ChrLzs for confirming what I suspected was true, though I do not know enough about photography to have been certain.

I just know I am not a sceptic to phenomenon, and yet the vast majority of pictures are totally unconvincing, Maybe 5% have made me wonder, but not convince. Just do not see any value in pretending otherwise.

I have seen one picture many years ago that I would really love to have and hand to you to see if there was something going on with it, but, it was not mine and no idea where it might be now. It was a picture of a supposed crime scene we were told after the fact. It seemed to be just a pleasant little shot of nature and a wooded area, a little trail through trees. Yet of the ten … call us sensitives... it was shown to individually, 8 reported seeing a young woman with a bloody shirt, light colored, and various other details depending who it was responding. I saw her plain as day in my mind's eye, not in the visible picture. It was odd later to be told it was supposedly a scene where a young girl's body was found, and not identified, murdered.

To this day I wonder if somehow there was a picture of her under the wooded photograph, so a percentage of folks might perceive it even if their eyes did not see it. Is that even possible? I saw her, flat out, but not in the picture. Yet, I do not really believe it was real. How could that be done, or can it? The responses of the eight were too uniform and just it seems fishy to me, even as someone who saw it, too. Is it possible to sort of do a subliminal picture?

Thanks for your time, Sir. 

2 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Thank you @ChrLzs for confirming what I suspected was true, though I do not know enough about photography to have been certain.

I just know I am not a sceptic to phenomenon, and yet the vast majority of pictures are totally unconvincing, Maybe 5% have made me wonder, but not convince. Just do not see any value in pretending otherwise.

It's refreshing to have a discussion with you and your open mind!

I have seen one picture many years ago that I would really love to have and hand to you to see if there was something going on with it, but, it was not mine and no idea where it might be now. It was a picture of a supposed crime scene we were told after the fact. It seemed to be just a pleasant little shot of nature and a wooded area, a little trail through trees. Yet of the ten … call us sensitives... it was shown to individually, 8 reported seeing a young woman with a bloody shirt, light colored, and various other details depending who it was responding. I saw her plain as day in my mind's eye, not in the visible picture. It was odd later to be told it was supposedly a scene where a young girl's body was found, and not identified, murdered.

To this day I wonder if somehow there was a picture of her under the wooded photograph, so a percentage of folks might perceive it even if their eyes did not see it. Is that even possible? I saw her, flat out, but not in the picture.

It's an interesting question, and I have a take on this that might surprise you (given my rep as a hard-nosed skeptic!).  I have partial colorblindness in the red-green area, where some browns, reds and greens, and also purples and blues, are 'differently' resolved by my eyes.  I even have some corrective tinted lenses that I can wear, and the difference in the appearance of the world when I have them on, is quite astounding.  There are many colorblindness tests where I'll see a certain shape or pattern or number, yet a person with 'normal' vision will see something entirely different.  So, yes, in some ways a picture / scene can indeed contain information that may not be visible to others, or is seen completely differently.

However.. when it comes to photographic images that are displayed on a screen or on paper prints, the screens, pixels, papers and inks all have differing compositions, and their ability to contain 'hidden' information would vary so much as to make it virtually impossible to do it deliberately and consistently. 

Yet, I do not really believe it was real. How could that be done, or can it? The responses of the eight were too uniform and just it seems fishy to me, even as someone who saw it, too. Is it possible to sort of do a subliminal picture?

Th idea of a subliminal picture that might point many minds in a particular direction and then added to pareidolia, is an interesting one.  I guess if you gather together a lot of elements that were oft-present in scary scenes, then you might be able to do that....  Hmmmm.  Cue spooky music.

It probably needs to be said that apart from some oft-repeated (and largely false) popular stories, the success rate of any similar such psychic readings to solve crimes is a rather depressing zero. 

Thanks for your time, Sir. 

My Pleasure!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

It probably needs to be said that apart from some oft-repeated (and largely false) popular stories, the success rate of any similar such psychic readings to solve crimes is a rather depressing zero. 

Nah, I am a retired cop and while my hunches helped me a lot, nothing psychic solved my cases.

• Like 2