Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Will u cover a crime up 4 your family/freind

spartan max2

12 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

But is there any theoretical situation where you would help a cover up? Any situation possible.

It would have to be something like jmccr8's example below. Yes, I suppose in a war zone situation all the rules go out of the window.

1 hour ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Spartan max2

I knew an Italian woman that had killed a German soldier during WW2 that had killed her younger brother when they were tending sheep. Her family snuck her out of the country to Canada so I would be inclined to say that circumstances would be a consideration. Other than that no.

jmccr8 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

In that situation I don't think I would cover it up, if I had a son an he murded his girlfreind out of jealousy I would feel very sad an dissapointed as a parent. I would feel like I failed.

But is there any theoretical situation where you would help a cover up? Any situation possible.

Perhaps if this was 1,000 years ago in the middle east, and a close relative had stolen some bread to feed their children, then I would be willing to deny they stole the bread to the guards under those circumstances.  Hard to imagine a scenario in today's times that would require a need to cover up a crime, unless the authorities of the country are unfair and unjust in their treatment of potential felons.

Edited by Aaron2016

9 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Not in any situation ?

Say if you had a son who robbed someplace because he was stupid and with stupid freinds, and the cops ask you questions, you wouldn't lie and say he was home?

I would turn him in. The problem is that when there is a crime, there is a victim. Imagine yourself as a store owner: you put in a huge amount of time and energy trying to succeed, and some punk waltzes in and robs you. Imagine the cost to yourself, and the loss that you suffer.

Now, suppose it was your friend (please correct your spelling, it is somewhat irksome!), or a relative; ask yourself WHY you would protect someone who doesn't give a **** about someone else's labor and efforts. 

• Like 2

No i would not cover up for them, friend or family.

If  parents cover up for their child, then it teaches them nothing! 

As mentioned if caught you will be in trouble too,  the person expecting you to cover for them know this, so not only did they not care about their victim, they do not care about you. 

I would never cover up for someone who commits a crime,  depending on what they are caught for i might stand for their defence eg: stealing a loaf of bread because they are hungry, but cover up? Never.  

• Like 2

Depends what the "crime" was, I think, we all know that things get legalised and criminalised, nothing much is set in stone, so it is down to your own conscience, but I think we are entitled to resent people who would put us in the position of having to make the choice.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Depends what the "crime" was, I think, we all know that things get legalised and criminalised,

I did think about that, but i still would not cover up, that boils down to lying,  but i would stand up in their defence if called infront of the jury......depending on what they did. If they were acting in self defence or i get called as a character witness and i like them and know they are not a bad person and the crime was not murder, rape, abuse or terrorism.

Depends on the scenario. Friend almost 100% no. When I was (not too much) younger i had delusional ideas about what it meant to be a man and hung around stupid ****s but thankfully matured before I got too caught up in their crap and cut them out of my life. Almost all of them in jail now for evil ****, not like stealing bread to feed your family kinda thing. 2 of them will never come out of prison and a 3rd i dunno the law but its not looking good for him so hell at least be in for a while. I sorta feel bad for the guy his upbringing was about as bad as it gets and hes a product of that. That being said we all must be held accountable for our actions.

I wouldn't turn anybody in, but if asked i dunno what i'd do cause i haven't been there. I don't ask questions and I keep to myself. If someone asks if I see blood on them and does a 360 I answer their question then leave immediately, i don't wanna know anything else and thats already too much. 

• Thanks 1

Don't just automatically be a "give-up" ! Wait till the reward is posted first ! :rofl:

• Haha 3

On 2018-10-17 at 7:39 AM, spartan max2 said:

Not in any situation ?

Say if you had a son who robbed someplace because he was stupid and with stupid freinds, and the cops ask you questions, you wouldn't lie and say he was home?

Absolutely not. If you make stupid choices, you deserve to reap the consequences. I would never lie for a friend or family member, under no circumstances. If they were innocent I would defend them as much as I could, but if they were guilty then I would call the police myself.