Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NASA should be looking for ET, say scientists

UM-Bot

That's silly. We will most probably never meet an E.T.I.B. Why "on Earth" would they go traveling into deep space? Give up their lives for something that is extremely likely to be in vain? Would we do that? I think not! Maybe send Androids to make research, but never spend the rest of our lives in deep space looking for the needle in the haystack.

My message to the scientists who wants this is: Grow up and wake up!

1 hour ago, sci-nerd said:

That's silly. We will most probably never meet an E.T.I.B.

So you are saying there is still an option that it will happen, right?

Why "on Earth" would they go traveling into deep space? Give up their lives for something that is extremely likely to be in vain?

So you think that extraterrestrial microorganisms are such smart to be able to do interstellar travel? From the article:

The report's authors have called for the development of a "flight-ready instrument" that can be sent to other worlds as part of future missions to search for evidence of alien microorganisms.

Would we do that?

We will and we have to in the very deep future but not in a kind as we think it will be, today.

17 minutes ago, toast said:

So you are saying there is still an option that it will happen, right?

You are much more likely to either 1) get struck by lightening ten times, 2) win the lottery 5 times in a row or 3) survive swimming across the pacific alone.
It could happen, but it would beat crazy odds!

So you think that extraterrestrial microorganisms are such smart to be able to do interstellar travel?

Articles like this are made 3, 4 sometimes 5 or 6 times a year. Sometimes they are about intelligent life and space travel, sometimes not. So excuse me for not reading yet another scientists-wanna-find-aliens article. It gets old, ya know.

Edited by sci-nerd
  • Confused 1