Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Predicting death?

Sunday.Sundae

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this situation or maybe even just reassure me that this has been all odd coincidences. 

So about 3 or 4 months ago, I started noticing some weird coincidences but it mainly had to do with the synchronization of words. For example, I would be talking to someone, the tv is on in the background and as I was saying a word, the person on the tv would say it too. This would happen with songs I've never heard before as well. My husband and I would be driving with the radio turned low and I would say a word that synchronized with the song. This would also happen while I was reading, someone on the TV would say the same word as I was reading an article. It started off happening once or twice a day. Then eventually it was happening about 10 to 15 times a day. At first I thought it was cool but it started to creep me out a few days after. 

So this went on for about a month and a half, but then I started getting a feeling like someone was going to die. I didn't know who or when. I just knew it was going to happen. I couldn't shake this feeling, and kept telling myself it was anxiety getting the best of me. It last about 4 days. Then the night after the feeling went away, I was talking to a friend and jokingly said I could go into a coma because I was so exhausted and wish I could sleep for a long time without being interrupted. Instantaneously I felt regret after saying that. Which isn't like me. We both knew I was joking, but still I couldn't stop feeling guilty. The first thought i had was "I shouldn't be making fun of comas." Again, I couldn't shake this feeling. The next morning I woke up to messages from a different friend saying that her dad had went into a coma that night and died. 

To say the least I was incredibly shocked. Then the synchronicity of words had almost came to a complete stop. It would happen once or twice every few days. Not too sure what to make of these coincidences, I ignore it. 

About 3 weeks ago, the synchronization of words started happening more frequently again. About 5-10 times a day.  My daughter and I decided to decorate for Halloween. We had some fake tombstones from last year that we decided to put up. After we decorated the front yard, instantly I got a feeling of guilt and regret. The same feeling I got the first time. I felt like we were in a way "mocking death." This is something I wouldn't normally feel bad about. But again, I couldn't shake the feeling. Trying to reassure myself that it was just anxiety. I kept thinking "I hope nobody dies again." Later that night I had a dream about my friend whose dad passed away in the coma. When I woke up, I had about 5 messages from my mom in the middle of the night saying that our cousin died from a heart attack. And once again the synchronization of the words have almost come to a complete stop. Every few days it will happen. 

Earlier today I was on YouTube and a recommendation of a video called "how I knew I was psychic" (not that I think I'm psychic) I decide to watch. The guy in the video said it all started out with the synchronicity of things, his was numbers though. I'm not really sure what to make of any of this. Its a little unsettling though. Do you or anyone you know been through something similar?

26 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

What were the words?

It

The

They

We

You

Brexit

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

What were the words?

Bird, bird is the Word.

As for noticing certain words. Probably nothing more than a subconscious habit. Similar to those who see certain number sets on clocks, like 11:11 or 3:33, etc. What you've got going on is called confirmation bias.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sunday.Sundae said:

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this situation or maybe even just reassure me that this has been all odd coincidences. 

So about 3 or 4 months ago, I started noticing some weird coincidences but it mainly had to do with the synchronization of words. For example, I would be talking to someone, the tv is on in the background and as I was saying a word, the person on the tv would say it too. This would happen with songs I've never heard before as well. My husband and I would be driving with the radio turned low and I would say a word that synchronized with the song. This would also happen while I was reading, someone on the TV would say the same word as I was reading an article. It started off happening once or twice a day. Then eventually it was happening about 10 to 15 times a day. At first I thought it was cool but it started to creep me out a few days after. 

So this went on for about a month and a half, but then I started getting a feeling like someone was going to die. I didn't know who or when. I just knew it was going to happen. I couldn't shake this feeling, and kept telling myself it was anxiety getting the best of me. It last about 4 days. Then the night after the feeling went away, I was talking to a friend and jokingly said I could go into a coma because I was so exhausted and wish I could sleep for a long time without being interrupted. Instantaneously I felt regret after saying that. Which isn't like me. We both knew I was joking, but still I couldn't stop feeling guilty. The first thought i had was "I shouldn't be making fun of comas." Again, I couldn't shake this feeling. The next morning I woke up to messages from a different friend saying that her dad had went into a coma that night and died. 

To say the least I was incredibly shocked. Then the synchronicity of words had almost came to a complete stop. It would happen once or twice every few days. Not too sure what to make of these coincidences, I ignore it. 

About 3 weeks ago, the synchronization of words started happening more frequently again. About 5-10 times a day.  My daughter and I decided to decorate for Halloween. We had some fake tombstones from last year that we decided to put up. After we decorated the front yard, instantly I got a feeling of guilt and regret. The same feeling I got the first time. I felt like we were in a way "mocking death." This is something I wouldn't normally feel bad about. But again, I couldn't shake the feeling. Trying to reassure myself that it was just anxiety. I kept thinking "I hope nobody dies again." Later that night I had a dream about my friend whose dad passed away in the coma. When I woke up, I had about 5 messages from my mom in the middle of the night saying that our cousin died from a heart attack. And once again the synchronization of the words have almost come to a complete stop. Every few days it will happen. 

Earlier today I was on YouTube and a recommendation of a video called "how I knew I was psychic" (not that I think I'm psychic) I decide to watch. The guy in the video said it all started out with the synchronicity of things, his was numbers though. I'm not really sure what to make of any of this. Its a little unsettling though. Do you or anyone you know been through something similar?

Its just static of talking to real  people on the lines.  That's what the ghost belivers tell someone to do, Liston to the static  try to hear  the voices. its only hearing part time lines.:rolleyes: your dreams are all distorted about your worry.

Edited by docyabut2

5 hours ago, Sunday.Sundae said:

The next morning I woke up to messages from a different friend saying that her dad had went into a coma that night and died. 

How long had he been in a 'coma' for? 

The words are, as Xeno has mentioned:

Confirmation bias occurs from the direct influence of desire on beliefs. When people would like a certain idea/concept to be true, they end up believing it to be true

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.psychologytoday.com/gb/blog/science-choice/201504/what-is-confirmation-bias%3famp

Please read the whole content in the link.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sunday.Sundae said:

Hello,

Hi,

It is often that energy in your feelings which makes the greatest impact. Those syncs are nice however what you feel can not be ignored. For those who do not have these experiences, it can not really be explained.

We often ask why me? What am I supposed to do with these insights. My understanding is that there is nothing you can do. You receive the experience of these potentials because they are known. You are evolving your energetic awareness. That may become valuable at some point so you can assist another through your experiences.

John

3 hours ago, John from Lowell said:

It is often that energy in your feelings which makes the greatest impact. Those syncs are nice however what you feel can not be ignored. For those who do not have these experiences, it can not really be explained.

:rolleyes:

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, John from Lowell said:

Hi,

We often ask why me? What am I supposed to do with these insights. My understanding is that there is nothing you can do. You receive the experience of these potentials because they are known. You are evolving your energetic awareness. That may become valuable at some point so you can assist another through your experiences.

John

What kind of magical wonderland of woo do you live in? 

• Thanks 2

Here we go, this old chestnut

8 hours ago, John from Lowell said:

For those who do not have these experiences, it can not really be explained.

Er...it can be explained and it has been. Confirmation bias.

We have not been told the words but it is not difficult to watch out for synchronizations of words and find them. 

As for the death of her friends father, her friend messaged her to tell her, so they must have been very close friends and we have no info about if the father was already unwell, which is likely as healthy people do not generally go into a coma and die that same night.

As for the going into a coma then dying, i still have not received the answer to how long he was in a "coma" for.

Confirmation bias is shooting out at all angles here.