Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US Air Force whistleblower dies in bike crash

UM-Bot

I would like to add to my comments about resolving objects on the Moon from Earth. Telescopes are limited to resolutions of 150 to 300 feet at the distance of the Moon. But the building was supposed to be much larger than that.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, stereologist said:

I would like to add to my comments about resolving objects on the Moon from Earth. Telescopes are limited to resolutions of 150 to 300 feet at the distance of the Moon. But the building was supposed to be much larger than that.

And I would like to resubmit my question around where exactly on the Moon this was supposed to be, as it looks like we get a pretty good view of the landscape from the available Apollo 17 footage. They would have had to either avoid that particular area and work around it, edit that area out of subsequent footage or just move to a different part of the moon. Pretty sure these guys can't prove any of this happened.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Emma_Acid said:

And I would like to resubmit my question around where exactly on the Moon this was supposed to be, as it looks like we get a pretty good view of the landscape from the available Apollo 17 footage. They would have had to either avoid that particular area and work around it, edit that area out of subsequent footage or just move to a different part of the moon. Pretty sure these guys can't prove any of this happened.

I believe this is all a false memory where people have personalized rumors and think they too were a part of the event.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Did you read that, at all?  One FOOT, 12" resolution (that's much WORSE than what I quoted..  It can just SEE a home plate, or a license plate - NOT WHAT'S ON IT.

NOT WHAT'S ON IT.

Got it?  Sheesh.

ok calm down - no need to shout - ^_^

I expect the military and defense department can read what's on the number plates... 

• Like 1

While everyone on this thread seems totally averse to the possibility of any ancient artifacts
(Extraterrestrial or human from a previous advanced civilization) being found anywhere..* 

The compilers of the Brooking Report were open to and even concerned about the possibility..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brookings_Report

quote..

Proposed Studies on the Implications of Peaceful Space Activities for Human Affairs, often referred to as "the Brookings Report", was a 1960 report commissioned by NASAand created by the Brookings Institution in collaboration with NASA's Committee on Long-Range Studies. It was submitted to the House Committee on Science and Astronautics of the United States House of Representatives in the 87th United States Congress on April 18, 1961.[1] It was entered into the Congressional Record and can be found in any library possessing the Congressional Record for that year.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The report touches on the possibility of covering up extraterrestrial life, including the following passages:

"While face-to-face meetings with it will not occur within the next twenty years (unless its technology is more advanced than ours, qualifying it to visit Earth), artifacts left at some point in time by these life forms might possibly be discovered through our space activities on the Moon, Mars, or Venus." – pages 182–183[2]

"Anthropological files contain many examples of societies, sure of their place in the universe, which have disintegrated when they have had to associate with previously unfamiliar societies espousing different ideas and different life ways; others that survived such an experience usually did so by paying the price of changes in values and attitudes and behavior." – page 183

end quote..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*and also completely averse to the possibility of classified info about the subject...

21 minutes ago, bee said:

While everyone on this thread seems totally averse to the possibility of any ancient artifacts
(Extraterrestrial or human from a previous advanced civilization) being found anywhere..* 

The compilers of the Brooking Report were open to and even concerned about the possibility..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brookings_Report

quote..

Proposed Studies on the Implications of Peaceful Space Activities for Human Affairs, often referred to as "the Brookings Report", was a 1960 report commissioned by NASAand created by the Brookings Institution in collaboration with NASA's Committee on Long-Range Studies. It was submitted to the House Committee on Science and Astronautics of the United States House of Representatives in the 87th United States Congress on April 18, 1961.[1] It was entered into the Congressional Record and can be found in any library possessing the Congressional Record for that year.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The report touches on the possibility of covering up extraterrestrial life, including the following passages:

"While face-to-face meetings with it will not occur within the next twenty years (unless its technology is more advanced than ours, qualifying it to visit Earth), artifacts left at some point in time by these life forms might possibly be discovered through our space activities on the Moon, Mars, or Venus." – pages 182–183[2]

"Anthropological files contain many examples of societies, sure of their place in the universe, which have disintegrated when they have had to associate with previously unfamiliar societies espousing different ideas and different life ways; others that survived such an experience usually did so by paying the price of changes in values and attitudes and behavior." – page 183

end quote..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*and also completely averse to the possibility of classified info about the subject...

Mind answering my point above?

1 minute ago, Emma_Acid said:

Mind answering my point above?

when I've got time ---- I might

this is a subject that I love but being swamped with negativity about it... isn't my idea of fun...

I did actually see a short video before you asked a question and re submitted said question :) 
and in it the guy was trying to show how the area he was looking at from the Apollo 17 mission was
possibly doctored to hide something and I did think... after seeing about the 'big rectangle structure' 
being shown before the live stream was quickly cut off.... I thought.... oh could that be the area where
that Rectangle thing was seen... ?

If I find it again I might post it... but the question is.... Am I a glutton for punishment - ? ^_^
I will get nothing in any shape or form that slighly resembles positive feedback... no matter
what I find or post....

Jeeeezus if I found a video of a Ruin / Structure on the Moon with an astronaut bouncing around in it and digging for
samples I expect it would be dismissed as a TV hoax.... :D 

Laters baby ... B)

2 hours ago, bee said:

this is a subject that I love but being swamped with negativity about it... isn't my idea of fun...

I did actually see a short video before you asked a question and re submitted said question :) 
and in it the guy was trying to show how the area he was looking at from the Apollo 17 mission was
possibly doctored to hide something and I did think... after seeing about the 'big rectangle structure' 
being shown before the live stream was quickly cut off.... I thought.... oh could that be the area where

If I find it again I might post it... but the question is.... Am I a glutton for punishment - ? ^_^
I will get nothing in any shape or form that slighly resembles positive feedback... no matter
what I find or post....

Jeeeezus if I found a video of a Ruin / Structure on the Moon with an astronaut bouncing around in it and digging for

Laters baby ... B)

tenor.gif

Well well. Bee, you've lost it!!! LOL.

Have to be the first time I've seen you back down!! 

The idea of a cover up by Nasa would require that Nasa also have assistance from the ESA and Russia and China and India as well as all astronomers that can see the Apollo 17 landing area from Earth.

The idea of a cover up is really ludicrous. The first person to announce the discovery of an alien site on the Moon would be a video that would be shown forever.  So far no one has found anything.  That hasn't stopped people like Wolfe from pretending and getting attention from those that can't seem to see the obvious. Wolfe was a hoaxer.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, stereologist said:

The idea of a cover up by Nasa would require that Nasa also have assistance from the ESA and Russia and China and India as well as all astronomers that can see the Apollo 17 landing area from Earth.

The idea of a cover up is really ludicrous. The first person to announce the discovery of an alien site on the Moon would be a video that would be shown forever.  So far no one has found anything.  That hasn't stopped people like Wolfe from pretending and getting attention from those that can't seem to see the obvious. Wolfe was a hoaxer.

The idea of a cover up is really ludicrous.

Agreed.

15 hours ago, bee said:

That's a "no" then

15 hours ago, bee said:

Its not about "fun", its about backing up claims you make. A lot of people love the subject of the moon landings and hate it being swamped with woo, pseudoscience and myths.

15 hours ago, bee said:

Another example of a conspiracy theorist really not thinking about what they are saying.

1. Why doctor the footage, why not just not release it?
2. How did they know it was doctored?
3. When was it doctored? In the 70s? What sort of doctoring abilities did they have then? And if it wasn't in the 70s, why aren't there undoctored versions doing the rounds?

15 hours ago, bee said:

what I find or post....

This isn't about "positive and negative feedback", it isn't a job interview. Its about proving the things you claim, because they have massive ramifications for our understanding of the universe.

15 hours ago, bee said:

Of course it would, because you're not thinking of the consequences of that video existing.

Why is it in the public realm? Why even cover it up in the first place? Why haven't the countless of other space agencies seen it and gone to the moon looking for the structures? Or are you still convinced that the first evidence of this sort of stuff will be found on YouTube?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I would also point out that there have been landers on the Moon since that time. Why don't the Moon landers go to the structures? Why do they go to other places on the Moon. If there was some high tech that might give a nation an advantage over other nations don't the conspiracy believers think that a government would use it? It would sense to me to get there and be first and retrieve whatever information is available. It would be much simpler than going to Mars and having the rovers search Mars.

I think this is all hooey.

9 minutes ago, stereologist said:

I would also point out that there have been landers on the Moon since that time. Why don't the Moon landers go to the structures?

Secret landers and probes are still in operation since the 60s, launched from Groom Lake by secret and alien tech based zero-noise/zero-blaze/zero-infrared pollution stealth carriers on behalf of the US government and funded by black budget, I tell ya.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Emma_Acid said:

Its not about "fun", its about backing up claims you make.

Well here's the thing..... I'm not making any claims - 
I'm looking at the subject and the possibilities because of the claims that others have made..

aaaanyway...

I will give Neil Armstrong the last word (for now) ..... when he spoke about breakthroughs available
to those who could remove 'one of truth's protective layers' :unsure2:

Edited by bee
  • Like 1

It is always easy to say that you are just reporting what others have reported.

So here are things other people reported:

1. The Moon is indeed made of cheese - Wallace and Gromit

2. The Moon is hollow

3. There are beings living in the Moon - Wells

4. There are flying bat people on the Moon - New York Sun

5. Cities on the Moon - Herschel the astronomer

15 hours ago, bee said:

Well here's the thing..... I'm not making any claims - 
I'm looking at the subject and the possibilities because of the claims that others have made..

aaaanyway...

I will give Neil Armstrong the last word (for now) ..... when he spoke about breakthroughs available
to those who could remove 'one of truth's protective layers' :unsure2:

Absolutely irrelevant. As usual, there is zero substance to this conspiracy. 

Neil was indeed a thoughtful and sometimes very poetic writer, and a pretty deep thinker.  While he tried to avoid politics, this was in the midst of the cold war and some very unpleasant politics, and here's what he actually said, as part of a lengthy speech about human endeavour:

Today we have with us a group of students, among America’s best. To you we say we have only completed a beginning. We leave you much that is undone. There are great ideas undiscovered, breakthroughs available to those who can remove one of the truth’s protective layers. There are places to go beyond belief. Those challenges are yours–in many fields, not the least of which is space, because there lies human destiny.

Sure, if you just want something to feed your conspiracy mindset, you could interpret that as him suggesting there was a truth of some kind that he knew about but couldn't say.  But if you used that as some sort of evidence of the moon landings being a hoax, then that would just show that your research skills are abysmal.

To me, he's just suggesting to young folks that they need to strive for excellence and truth.

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Neil was indeed a thoughtful and sometimes very poetic writer, and a pretty deep thinker.  While he tried to avoid politics, this was in the midst of the cold war and some very unpleasant politics, and here's what he actually said, as part of a lengthy speech about human endeavour:

Sure, if you just want something to feed your conspiracy mindset, you could interpret that as him suggesting there was a truth of some kind that he knew about but couldn't say.  But if you used that as some sort of evidence of the moon landings being a hoax, then that would just show that your research skills are abysmal.

To me, he's just suggesting to young folks that they need to strive for excellence and truth.

And that "truth" is hard to find - i.e. maybe you have to leave the earth to find out things about humanity.

But of course to conspiracy theorists, anything can be evidence of anything.

Edited by Emma_Acid
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1