Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is the Nature of Ghost?

jamesjr191

On 11/5/2018 at 7:52 AM, XenoFish said:

Consider that ghost are human sized, that means if any energy life form exist the LHC should've shown us their "ecosystem". Since it hasn't I'm going to assume ghost are just a product of our minds. 

I tend to agree...however....

....I kind of want to believe in the Ghost of Macon Jones...

• Like 1

On 05/11/2018 at 12:29 PM, stevemagegod said:

Wrong. As a believer I have considered the possibility that Spirits are Energy Beings designed to feed off of Electricity. Electricity exists naturally in nature as Lightning/the Earh's Magnetic Field. The only reasons I believe Spirits are attracted to man made stuff is because of the Electricity we have harnessed over the centuries and once we abandon a place they take residence and feed off the underground electrical wirings. 

I don’t know if you are being deliberately ignorant, but electricity is switched off at most places when humans abandon them...

• Haha 1

698201.jpg

• Like 1

It's my personally held belief that if it can interact with the physical world it was never human. I could be swayed from that belief but I've seen haunts from "supposed" loving family members turn dark & violent after welcoming in an imposter just posing as a relative.

On 10/18/2018 at 8:53 AM, South Alabam said:

Interesting. But if we recount Ghost stories, they appear to be watching us, not running off in horror like we were the Ghost. Also some interact with living people to a point before vanishing. So I don't buy the time imprint theory. I would believe they are spirits of the dead, stuck in this world, that is, if one even believes in Ghost.

It has happened where a believed "ghost" & witness were both audible to each other but neither could see the other & the voice asking things like "Where are you?" & both sides perceiving the other as a disembodied voice.

• Like 1

On 13/11/2018 at 11:50 PM, EsotericScience said:

It has happened where a believed "ghost" & witness were both audible to each other but neither could see the other & the voice asking things like "Where are you?" & both sides perceiving the other as a disembodied voice.

So the ‘witness’ was effectively just hearing voices in their head? Can you find and link what you’re referring to? 

Hope they’re family got them some help...

On 11/13/2018 at 7:16 AM, EsotericScience said:

It's my personally held belief that if it can interact with the physical world it was never human. I could be swayed from that belief but I've seen haunts from "supposed" loving family members turn dark & violent after welcoming in an imposter just posing as a relative.

What if it was too deranged to join with Maanituu and was earthbound?

I've seen haunts pose as many things but they were never who people believed they were.  If your a Nishnab you know a soul has 2 parts which split in death. That's why bad haunts are always stronger than good ones. Their whole soul is stuck here. Not just the "Earth Soul". 

Of course you never did answer my PM so I'll repeat it here. I'm a Grand River Joseph and a Indian River Norwood and Pierce a former maker of sacred objects and handler of  grave goods. Cuuwewii "Little Pine" Hated by AIM.  Loved by archaeologists.

Who are you "Nishnab"?  

On 11/12/2018 at 5:38 PM, Timothy said:

I don’t know if you are being deliberately ignorant, but electricity is switched off at most places when humans abandon them...

and magnetism is not electricity. 

19 hours ago, Piney said:

What if it was too deranged to join with Maanituu and was earthbound?

I've seen haunts pose as many things but they were never who people believed they were.  If your a Nishnab you know a soul has 2 parts which split in death. That's why bad haunts are always stronger than good ones. Their whole soul is stuck here. Not just the "Earth Soul". 

Of course you never did answer my PM so I'll repeat it here. I'm a Grand River Joseph and a Indian River Norwood and Pierce a former maker of sacred objects and handler of  grave goods. Cuuwewii "Little Pine" Hated by AIM.  Loved by archaeologists.

Who are you "Nishnab"?  

If that's the case then he had to have been possessed by something to trap him here, it's not the body that becomes possessed, it's the soul.

Yeah I know the spirit and the soul are two separate things, bad haunts are stronger because their possessed by demons, evil spirits of the abominable offspring of the so called "fallen ones" or "watchers".

Beyond telling you my name I have no special titles. I'm just an average nobody.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, EsotericScience said:

Yeah I know the spirit and the soul are two separate things, bad haunts are stronger because their possessed by demons, evil spirits of the abominable offspring of the so called "fallen ones" or "watchers".

I don't believe in any of that Judeo-Christian stuff and I believe the "spirits" our ancestors placated were only the personification of nature and human nature.  Maanituu is more like the "Force" in Star Wars or Kami (Musubi) to the Japanese.  My grandfather, who was a Meteiinuu was about leaving the white influences out and only sent me for a Quaker religious education because "Know your enemy". 

I believe Kiitannituuwit, what the Swaanuhk call the "Great Spirit" is the Living Universe and not personified, and neither good nor evil but "balance" and like we traditionally believed doesn't interfere with us because we are too small in this universe to matter. 

The only Earthbounds I ever had to "erase" were once human and none of them good ones. As for the "Spirit Ceremonies" in the Mide Lodges, the workers involved call nothing, Just create one hell of a "Thought Form" using Maanituu to throw crap around. That when they're not using stage magic like that idiot Lenny Crow Dog. 

7 minutes ago, Piney said:

I don't believe in any of that Judeo-Christian stuff and I believe the "spirits" our ancestors placated were only the personification of nature and human nature.  Maanituu is more like the "Force" in Star Wars or Kami (Musubi) to the Japanese.  My grandfather, who was a Meteiinuu was about leaving the white influences out and only sent me for a Quaker religious education because "Know your enemy". 

I believe Kiitannituuwit, what the Swaanuhk call the "Great Spirit" is the Living Universe and not personified, and neither good nor evil but "balance" and like we traditionally believed doesn't interfere with us because we are too small in this universe to matter. 

The only Earthbounds I ever had to "erase" were once human and none of them good ones. As for the "Spirit Ceremonies" in the Mide Lodges, the workers involved call nothing, Just create one hell of a "Thought Form" using Maanituu to throw crap around. That when they're not using stage magic like that idiot Lenny Crow Dog. 

Ah so your an "exorcist" of sorts?

Even though I was raised Christian & became ordained at 18 it was that that drove me to Deism & occult practices. The more I studied Christianity the less I believed in it. I don't think the Judeo-Christian bible is necessarily false just "exaggerated" & full of aliens, spacecrafts & robot Seraphim.

4 minutes ago, EsotericScience said:

Ah so your an "exorcist" of sorts?

Kiimochknii ( Night Walker-Skin Walker) Hunter of fake shaman, false prophets and bad spirits. But the shapeshifter part is just a contortionist puppet show. :yes:

I rarely encountered anything helping archaeologists. I did more chasing away AIM Pipe Keepers than handling bad things. :lol:

25 minutes ago, Piney said:

But the shapeshifter part is just a contortionist puppet show. :yes:

IDK man. There seems to be someone around here who actually can. Old Clickety Clack The Centaur. Many people who don't even know each other have claimed to have seen an English speaking Centaur on the back roads. That's something I'd have to see to truly believe but I do find it very compelling.

I gotta take anything these high school kids say with a grain of salt but there were a hand full of them that claimed to see some sort of "Goatman" rummaging through a dumpster getting after some deer guts someone tossed in there.

Maybe it's all malarkey but I'd sure hate for it to be proven false because the possibility is just so darn fascinating. I'd kill to see someone shapeshift into an amalgam of animals.

4 minutes ago, EsotericScience said:

IDK man. There seems to be someone around here who actually can. Old Clickety Clack The Centaur. Many people who don't even know each other have claimed to have seen an English speaking Centaur on the back roads. That's something I'd have to see to truly believe but I do find it very compelling.

I gotta take anything these high school kids say with a grain of salt but there were a hand full of them that claimed to see some sort of "Goatman" rummaging through a dumpster getting after some deer guts someone tossed in there.

Maybe it's all malarkey but I'd sure hate for it to be proven false because the possibility is just so darn fascinating. I'd kill to see someone shapeshift into an amalgam of animals.

You wouls be amazed at the "power of suggestion". Especially with teens. They are good at creating false memories. I've implanted false memories without even performing my routine.  I had a tent preacher swear I was changing into some kind of demon. :lol:

The Jersey Devil here is another one. He was invented by Ben Franklin in a parody. And the local Bigfoot sightings. I ran them down for 35 years. Brushbeat ever inch of the Pine Barrens. People I know who are not liars claim seeing both.  But I can assure you. There is neither entity here. 

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

Define occult practices.

Something sound familiar? :lol:

I'm still curious at to what occult practices you partook in. Hermeticism, enochian, black or white magick, chaos magick? Did you use numerology, magick squares, sigils. Creative visualization, intention-manifestation? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

Something sound familiar? :lol:

Legit curiosity. When people say "occult practices", I want to know what kind exactly. Though typically I'm left empty handed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Legit curiosity. When people say "occult practices", I want to know what kind exactly. Though typically I'm left empty handed.

Many people who came into pop's shop went through many phases. Except for most of the bliss bunnies.....ahem.. Wiccans.  

1 minute ago, Piney said:

Many people who came into pop's shop went through many phases. Except for most of the bliss bunnies.....ahem.. Wiccans.  

Seems like there are more believers than doers. Once to newness and magical glow wears off, you (sometimes) start looking at the how and why. Then you become like me, well maybe us.

• Like 1

"What is the Nature of Ghost?" sic

I don't know.  But one thing I do know, is that the "nature of title" deserves the indefinite article.  LOL!

Edited by Lord Harry
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Seems like there are more believers than doers. Once to newness and magical glow wears off, you (sometimes) start looking at the how and why. Then you become like me, well maybe us.

I have encountered a few things in 40 years. Not many. I can count them on my hands. But most of the time people haunt themselves.  As for the museum. 99 percent of the time I was using woo to scare off or reassure other Indians who tortured the archaeolgists or curator. 

Good one. I had this AIM appointed "spiritual leader?" and their teenage kid having nightmares that the Miisingk ( Bigfoot) was chasing them and trying to get them.  :yes:

My father was livid! :lol:

Edited by Piney
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Piney said:

I have encountered a few things in 40 years. Not many. I can count them on my hands. But most of the time people haunt themselves. 

I'd say that in my 25 years of occult practices I have had maybe at tops 5 events that made me say "WTF!". Most of the weirdness outside of those few events were dreams. But dreams are just dreams. I fully agree that people haunt themselves. They also created memetic ghost by sharing ghost stories. We create ghost and supposed paranormal events. Which 99.9% of the time are completely mundane. I think everyone has a least one ghost story to tell. 

• Like 1