Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Kleenex rebrands 'sexist' Mansize tissues

Still Waters

Kleenex has binned its "Mansize" branding after some customers complained it was sexist.

After 60 years, the tissue boxes will be renamed "Extra Large" in response to criticism from customers and feminist campaigners.

Kimberley-Clark, which owns Kleenex, said it succumbed to growing public demand to change the name, despite not itself believing that the Mansize branding was sexist.

It comes amid a wider backlash against other gendered products, with Waitrose apologising and promising to change the name of its "Gentleman's Smoked Chicken Caesar Roll".

https://news.sky.com/story/kleenex-rebrands-sexist-mansize-tissues-following-customer-complaints-11528558

For goodness sake, do people have nothing better to do than complain about things like this!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

For goodness sake, do people have nothing better to do than complain about things like this!

No, no they don't. We have a whole generation of overly sensitively, easily offended idiots. 

• Like 3

"....After 60 years, the tissue boxes will be renamed "Extra Large" in response to criticism from customers and feminist campaigners...."

Read... "after criticism from feminist campaigners". I doubt VERY much that any true customers would have complained. And perhaps Kimberly Clark should have investigated just how many feminists buy their paper handkerchiefs before succumbing to their nagging ! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, XenoFish said:

No, no they don't. We have a whole generation of overly sensitively, easily offended 

I agree with you these are people who think " I am a unicorn Im so special " 

Edited by Avalanche
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1