Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Parents killed, 13 y.o. missing in Wisconsin

The Caspian Hare

https://www.wisn.com/article/wisconsin-girl-13-missing-after-deputies-find-two-adults-dead-in-home/23792397

BARRON, Wis. —

A missing Wisconsin girl's parents were shot to death in their house while the girl was home, authorities said Wednesday as they urged the public to keep phoning in tips about her whereabouts.

Investigators have been searching for 13-year-old Jayme Closs since deputies responding to a 911 call early Monday found her parents dead in their home in Barron. The girl, who was ruled out as a suspect on the first day, was gone when deputies arrived.

Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald said during a news conference Wednesday that autopsies confirmed that James and Denise Closs had been fatally shot and that their deaths have been ruled homicides.

He said no gun was found at the scene and that evidence from both the house and from the 911 call indicate Jayme Closs was in the family's home when her parents were killed.

• Sad 4

So thats what happened. I was wondering about the specifics when the eas kept going off on the tv and phone, we've all had our eyes open but seen nothing.  I hate to say it but I suspect she's probably dead, I just hope it wasn't too much more horrific than her parents death but tbh fear otherwise. Humans are so cruel.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, seanjo said:

She's run scared or the killer has her, I hope it's the first.

Or she was in on it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Or she was in on it.

That thought crossed my mind. 

• Like 1

Not enough info yet.  With the madness we've gotten used to these days, it's entirely possible that she killed them or had them killed.  Either way, it's a sad, distressing business.

• Like 1

Looked to see if there was an article on here a;ready about the Wisconsin family who’s wife and husband were shot , and the daughter taken . If there hasn’t been please let me know and I will attach the story.

for those who have filled the story regardless, I read the new 911 dispatch release and it said this ;

New 911 logs appear to indicate Denise’s cellphone placed the 911 call and that James Closs answered the door and was the first to be shot to death.

“ADVISED ONE MALE DOWN, MULTIPLE ROUNDS SPENT. REQUESTED THAT ADMIN BE NOTIFIED,” the 911 call logs read around 1:04 a.m.

Then at 1:05 a.m.,

“ADVISED THE DOOR HAS BEEN KICKED IN. ADVISED THAT THE MALE WHO IS DOWN HAD ANSWERED THE DOOR. UNKNOWN IF ANYONE IS MISSING.

Police say responding officers made it to the Closs house in about four minutes.

“ADVISED TWO SUBJECTS DOWN,” at 1:08 a.m. ...

link: https://www.foxnews.com/us/mother-of-missing-wisconsin-teen-jayme-closs-was-family-angel-no-clue-who-murdered-couple-relative-says

That being said , clearly, they  must have known who the person was because she immediately called 911 and then the husband probably told her she was over reacting and he could settle the matter, or the other thought was perhaps he told his wife to call 911 because he knew it would be a bad outcome ..

point being , the outcome was bad regardless . 

Oh man, this reeks of older disapproved of boyfriend or stalker creep they knew about and tried to handle :(

• Like 3

I don't know why but this story reminds me of a statement by Don Imus on the birth of his son, many years ago.  He said he hoped his son didn't kill him someday with one of his own guns.  Sad world.

4 hours ago, LucidElement said:

Looked to see if there was an article on here a;ready about the Wisconsin family who’s wife and husband were shot , and the daughter taken . If there hasn’t been please let me know and I will attach the story.

Threads Merged

• Like 1

LMN did said their house in close to a big highway, where a person of a vehicle or a semi truck driver could have kidnapped her for sex :( 

Edited by docyabut2

Is there anyone that wants to go on with this case ? On HLN said they stopped a criminal truck drive and was looking for that poor girl

17 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

Is there anyone that wants to go on with this case ?

Well, I don't know what there is to go on about; my only comment is that as time goes by, I think the outcome of a safe recovery of the girl is more and more less likely.

• Sad 2

My guess of odds:

70% - She was taken, raped and such  :(

20% - She did it or was in on it

8% -  She's running scared

2% - Other

• Like 1

This case is odd, there nothing on any of her friends or people she knew , who could have took her? She was not found any where around the area.

So my guess she was taken my someone on the big high way road,  her house is right off that road.  If it was a car  who ever took her would have stopped to get food and go to the bathrooms, but what if it was a semi cab that kept her in there .

https://search.aol.com/aol/image;_ylt=A2KIbMslA9VbopsAW0hpCWVH;_ylu=X3oDMTByMDgyYjJiBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMyBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--?q=semi+cabs+and+sleepers&v_t=comsearch

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Where would kiddnappers take 13 yo

33 minutes ago, Anthony615 said:

I just hope she still alive by a kidnapper who could have taken her for rape.I`m just a arm chair detective. If I was the law I would have the police check every  Simi truck driver that went through that area that time she went missing. 

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Anthony615 said:

Looking at her colouring, black market sales is a posibility.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

October 2018

https://fox45now.com/news/nation-world/over-120-children-rescued-following-michigan-human-trafficking-sting

June 2018

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/north-fulton-county/metro-sex-trafficking-sting-rescues-nearly-160-children-authorities-say/764243882

Very real and very frightening. Not saying this is what happened to this poor girl but the longer she's gone, the less chance of finding her.

• Sad 3

On 10/20/2018 at 4:30 PM, Not A Rockstar said:

Oh man, this reeks of older disapproved of boyfriend or stalker creep they knew about and tried to handle :(

i think you're reading too much into it. 

On 10/25/2018 at 4:11 PM, Myles said:

My guess of odds:

70% - She was taken, raped and such  :(

20% - She did it or was in on it

8% -  She's running scared

2% - Other

It's been a while now, so I'll change the odds.

My guess of odds:

85% - She was taken, raped and such  :(

8% - She did it or was in on it

5% -  She's running scared

2% - Other

• 2 weeks later...

Investigators admit to having no working theory on the events that led up to the abduction of Jayme and the murder of her parents. They continue to think it wasn’t random and see some parallels to the case of Hania Aguilar, 13, who was kidnapped in North Carolina this week.

While they continue to solicit solid tips, investigators have discovered some discrepancies in the early leads, which may have been faked in an effort to discredit law enforcement! 

New (to me) is the rumor Jayme was dating a much older teen.

m.startribune.com/investigators-regroup-to-review-leads-in-jayme-closs-mystery/500166231/

Hania Noelia Aguilar, missing since November 5:

www.google.com/amp/s/wqad.com/2018/11/08/fbi-releases-video-of-stolen-suv-in-kidnapping-of-13-year-old-north-carolina-girl/amp/