Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Putin Says ISIS Has Taken 700 Hostages

susieice

Putin has said today that ISIS has taken 700 hostages in Syria and will execute 10 a day until demands are met. He claims some were killed yesterday. These hostages include American and European nationals.

https://www.timesnownews.com/international/article/isis-vladimir-putin-kidnapped-700-hostages-us-european-nationals-syria-execute-10-per-day-russia-islamic-state-united-states-of-america-us-forces/301271

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

10 minutes ago, susieice said:

Putin has said today that ISIS has taken 700 hostages in Syria and will execute 10 a day until demands are met. He claims some were killed yesterday. These hostages include American and European nationals.

https://www.timesnownews.com/international/article/isis-vladimir-putin-kidnapped-700-hostages-us-european-nationals-syria-execute-10-per-day-russia-islamic-state-united-states-of-america-us-forces/301271

Im not seeing this anywhere else. If true this could be ugly

Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday claimed that Islamic State terrorists have taken around 700 people as hostages in a part of Syria controlled by US-backed forces.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

It doesn't matter if it's true, from the Putin's point of view. He just said it's time US leaves Syria completely.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

23 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I just saw it too. Found a lot of links, mostly British. Here's one. There's a lot of links to British newspapers.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/10/18/isis-take-700-people-hostage-including-10-us-and-european-citizens-8052208/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, susieice said:

I just saw it too. Found a lot of links, mostly British. Here's one. There's a lot of links to British newspapers.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/10/18/isis-take-700-people-hostage-including-10-us-and-european-citizens-8052208/

Thanks! You'd think after what Russia did at that school a while back they would know better. Russia dont give a F about hostages

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

Thanks! You'd think after what Russia did at that school a while back they would know better. Russia dont give a F about hostages

Putin is up to something! We'll have to wait and see when and what US news has to say. It sounds like the vast majority of the hostages are Syrians and the troops were US assisted.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

It doesn't matter if it's true, from the Putin's point of view. He just said it's time US leaves Syria completely.  

Are you saying Putin just gave Trump his first public marching orders? :o Ill definitely be making a mental bookmark of this post to come back to if Trump makes a proclamation regarding Syria in the coming days or weeks!

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Farmer77 said:

Are you saying Putin just gave Trump his first public marching orders? Ill definitely be making a mental bookmark of this post to come back to if Trump makes a proclamation regarding Syria in the coming days or weeks!

Yup. Trump will obey, Russians will 'save' US hostages.

Though it was probably the invitation to a mock war between Russia and the US in Syria, just in time for your midterms.    

Either way you're screwed. 

• Like 2

If true it would fit in with ISIS's M.O. Kill women children ,elderly, weak, but run like babies when they are when faced with a uniformed Army. Or take hostages.

• Like 2

Yeah this is news to me too. You would have thought there were not many of them left and the ones that were, returned to the rathole they slimed out of.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, susieice said:

Putin is up to something! We'll have to wait and see when and what US news has to say. It sounds like the vast majority of the hostages are Syrians and the troops were US assisted.

Yep, definitely the poker-face assassin has some ace up his sleave he's going to surprise us with. :P

• Like 1

I found a link from Reuters.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-syria-putin-capture/putin-says-islamic-state-has-seized-700-hostages-in-syria-idUSKCN1MS215

And one from the New York Post.

https://nypost.com/2018/10/18/putin-isis-took-seized-hundreds-of-hostages-including-us-citizens-in-syria/

There's also videos on YouTube. The actual videos of Putin talking are there but they are in Russian. This one has the interview at the end but it's voiced over.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

AMERICA has blasted claims by Vladimir Putin that ISIS has taken hundreds of people hostage in Syria and will execute ten of those hostages each day.

According to The Sun, Mr Putin said the jihadi group had taken almost 700 people from a camp in the war-torn nation, including several European and US Nationals but US officials have cast doubt on the number of hostages and say they’re unaware of any Americans held at the camp near Deir-al Zor.

Acknowledging that there was an attack on the camp, the US military said the rest of Putin’s claims were “unsubstantiated”.

Pentagon spokesman, Commander Sean Robertson said in a statement: “While we have confirmed there was an attack on an IDP (internally displaced persons) camp near (Deir-al Zor) last week, we have no information supporting the large number of hostages alleged by President Putin and we are sceptical of its accuracy.”

Source: https://www.news.com.au/world/middle-east/putin-says-isis-has-taken-hundreds-hostage-in-syria-and-will-kill-ten-a-day-but-the-us-calls-his-claims-inaccurate/news-story/7d58ecd85d7d2b0cf7084f3bb8a8c8b1

• Like 3

I wonder what's behind curtain number four , I do hope its The Sun's page 3 girls

~

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Eldorado said:

AMERICA has blasted claims by Vladimir Putin that ISIS has taken hundreds of people hostage in Syria and will execute ten of those hostages each day.

According to The Sun, Mr Putin said the jihadi group had taken almost 700 people from a camp in the war-torn nation, including several European and US Nationals but US officials have cast doubt on the number of hostages and say they’re unaware of any Americans held at the camp near Deir-al Zor.

Acknowledging that there was an attack on the camp, the US military said the rest of Putin’s claims were “unsubstantiated”.

Pentagon spokesman, Commander Sean Robertson said in a statement: “While we have confirmed there was an attack on an IDP (internally displaced persons) camp near (Deir-al Zor) last week, we have no information supporting the large number of hostages alleged by President Putin and we are sceptical of its accuracy.”

Source: https://www.news.com.au/world/middle-east/putin-says-isis-has-taken-hundreds-hostage-in-syria-and-will-kill-ten-a-day-but-the-us-calls-his-claims-inaccurate/news-story/7d58ecd85d7d2b0cf7084f3bb8a8c8b1

Saying "ISIS took hostages" is one thing but to say they "took 700 and they are going to execute 10 each day" is oddly specific. One side or the other is lying here.

Just to clarify, is ISIS in any countries that we are friendly with?

1 hour ago, Dark_Grey said:

Saying "ISIS took hostages" is one thing but to say they "took 700 and they are going to execute 10 each day" is oddly specific. One side or the other is lying here.

Just to clarify, is ISIS in any countries that we are friendly with?

Who knows?

Trump suddenly makes you friends and/or enemies with anyone Putin, Netanyahu or Sauds want. The reason why it's so hard to follow is that these often have contradicting desires. He's on too many short leashes at once. But sometimes he acts on his own whim too and declares love to various psychotic dictators. It's almost less destructive when he does what he's told.   

In case someone hasn't understood yet, Putin very obviously said that the piece of Syria that has Americans on it is the only ISIS infested territory left and that you're so incompetent your own citizens were captured. 

It does not matter if that's true, what matters is the unspoken but clear message that Russia will 'liberate' the **** out of both the territory in question and the hostages, in case they're real.      

Putin just let you know he's about to toss you out of Syria. There's no doubt about that. 

Either Trump will withdraw your forces and thus publicly recognize Russian domination, either Trump will order your forces to act like they're attempting to stop Russians, expecting some more 'patriotic' votes in your nearing elections, leaving the impression you are - god forbid - protecting the remains of ISIS instead of destroying them, while destroying your reputation by losing in open conflict against Russians.  

The morbidly funniest part is that there probably are people who are trying to explain this to Trump now, but he couldn't understand them even if he wanted to.

• Like 2

What Putin has stated is obviously fact otherwise it would be a big loss of credibility (face) on his behalf, so what is the reaction from western powers , I guess its one upmanship again from Putin who loves to do this, but I cannot believe that we are backing ISIS but of course we have all had a taste of American "friendly" fire.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2018 at 6:23 AM, susieice said:

how do we know that they're ISIS or maybe if they are they might be affiliated with Russian interests. i read this as Putin has 700 hostages so don't mess with me America.

7 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

how do we know that they're ISIS or maybe if they are they might be affiliated with Russian interests. i read this as Putin has 700 hostages so don't mess with me America.

We don't know if these hostages exist. The Pentagon is questioning Putin"s claims. They know the camp existed and there are no Americans known to be there.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 4:10 PM, Helen of Annoy said:

Who knows?

Trump suddenly makes you friends and/or enemies with anyone Putin, Netanyahu or Sauds want. The reason why it's so hard to follow is that these often have contradicting desires. He's on too many short leashes at once. But sometimes he acts on his own whim too and declares love to various psychotic dictators. It's almost less destructive when he does what he's told.   

In case someone hasn't understood yet, Putin very obviously said that the piece of Syria that has Americans on it is the only ISIS infested territory left and that you're so incompetent your own citizens were captured. 

It does not matter if that's true, what matters is the unspoken but clear message that Russia will 'liberate' the **** out of both the territory in question and the hostages, in case they're real.      

Putin just let you know he's about to toss you out of Syria. There's no doubt about that. 

Either Trump will withdraw your forces and thus publicly recognize Russian domination, either Trump will order your forces to act like they're attempting to stop Russians, expecting some more 'patriotic' votes in your nearing elections, leaving the impression you are - god forbid - protecting the remains of ISIS instead of destroying them, while destroying your reputation by losing in open conflict against Russians.  

The morbidly funniest part is that there probably are people who are trying to explain this to Trump now, but he couldn't understand them even if he wanted to.

The morbidly funniest part is how you consistently champion Russia and Putin. Putin calls any group in insurrection against the Iranian puppet regime in Damascus "terrorists" any civilians under their protection either collaborators or hostages. He seeks to create a pretext for further incursions into rebel held territory, ostensibly under Allied protection, to gauge the Allie's response and military posture. How kind of him to want to rescue imaginary American hostages.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

The morbidly funniest part is how you consistently champion Russia and Putin. Putin calls any group in insurrection against the Iranian puppet regime in Damascus "terrorists" any civilians under their protection either collaborators or hostages. He seeks to create a pretext for further incursions into rebel held territory, ostensibly under Allied protection, to gauge the Allie's response and military posture. How kind of him to want to rescue imaginary American hostages.

:lol: 

Is it my fault that at the moment the US is screwing up so horribly I can't say anything objectively without hurting your feelings?  

4 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Is it my fault that at the moment the US is screwing up so horribly I can't say anything objectively without hurting your feelings?  

And Russia isn't ? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

My feelings? You make me laugh; that's not so bad. What the US has done in Syria is the same thing your hero Putin has done in Crimea and East Ukraine: created a frozen conflict as a guarantor of peace and safety in the territories in question. We are in the mopping up faze with ISIS, at this point in time. The only thing being screwed up is Russia and their lapdog's plans.