Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sazuk

Recurring dreams but never the same

14 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Sazuk

Hi, I've been having recurring dreams but not in the usual sense. All my dreams take place in the same dreamworld thats always consistently the same but it's definitely not earth nor have I been there before in real life and the world is always the same but I do different things there each night.

These dreams started about 6 months ago and since then I don't dream about anything else so it's pretty much every night. Sometimes I can remember small parts and sometimes all of them. Has anyone ever had this before? It's odd because I have a pretty bog standard life (34 year old woman) and I've not researched dreams before. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Habitat

Perhaps you can report on the tone of the dreams, are they worrying, or pleasant, or …….?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sazuk

They can be good and bad really. There's distinct areas like beaches a city and a mountainous place. I've had dreams where I've been just exploring there but also dreams where I've gone into the sea and there's strange dangerous creatures there. Overall the dreams are pleasant though (now I know to avoid the water lol) like I look forward to returning there at night to see where I'll go and what I will do next.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
1 hour ago, Sazuk said:

They can be good and bad really. There's distinct areas like beaches a city and a mountainous place. I've had dreams where I've been just exploring there but also dreams where I've gone into the sea and there's strange dangerous creatures there. Overall the dreams are pleasant though (now I know to avoid the water lol) like I look forward to returning there at night to see where I'll go and what I will do next.

Serial dreams aren't uncommon. I've had some pleasant and bad ones that last months.

Your mind creates people and places unknown and some people learn to manipulate them.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Imaginarynumber1

I do this. There is a particular town that I visit often in my dreams. There are distinct locations, people, and even recurring events depending on the time of year.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
seanjo

Everybody has them, many can't recall them. They're just dreams.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
eight bits
3 hours ago, Sazuk said:

(now I know to avoid the water lol)

OK, lol. Now seriously, learn to swim there. When you're ready.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
53 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

I do this. There is a particular town that I visit often in my dreams. There are distinct locations, people, and even recurring events depending on the time of year.

I get people and places I don't know but very similar and related to events in my childhood. Cool stuff..:yes:

Then there's the prison dreams...:wacko:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Imaginarynumber1
1 minute ago, Piney said:

I get people and places I don't know but very similar and related to events in my childhood. Cool stuff..:yes:

Then there's the prison dreams...:wacko:

The people are sometimes based off ones i know, sometimes just creations of my brain,

The town even has it's own history... a dark a sordid history, to be sure

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
1 minute ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

The people are sometimes based off ones i know, sometimes just creations of my brain,

 

That's the same with me.

 I fought a week long forest fire, a few months later I had a serial dream about this rural town and the surrounding area was burned out. I was helping and talking to people I didn't know in real time but were creations of my mind. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
darkmoonlady

I have reoccurring landscapes, towns, places I return to in dreams. Try a simple exercise as you are going to sleep. Start a story in your mind, nothing complicated just a simple scenario and see if you can "step into" that scenario in your dreams. I lucid dream and can now (And this sounds weird so hang on) see the matrix of how dreams are formed, for lack of a better term. I've somehow reached a deeper level of lucid dreams where I can see behind the dream and how they form. It's a trip. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Goddess of the Mist

I'm not so sure dreams aren't actually another form of reality. You know those ones that are just SO real, the recurring ones you're talking about, etc. I don't think it's our brains creating it. For me it's the people in the dreams. In real life I've been kind of a loner (and don't mind this), but in my dreams I am often surrounded by lots of people who I know very well there. When I wake up, I don't know any of those people. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Not A Rockstar
On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 7:12 AM, Imaginarynumber1 said:

The people are sometimes based off ones i know, sometimes just creations of my brain,

The town even has it's own history... a dark a sordid history, to be sure

I find this intriguing. Do you suppose maybe you could write short story or even a novel about it? To have a whole town built up in your mind like that is the stuff of writers :)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Imaginarynumber1
1 minute ago, Not A Rockstar said:

I find this intriguing. Do you suppose maybe you could write short story or even a novel about it? To have a whole town built up in your mind like that is the stuff of writers :)

I used to be quite the prolific writer when I was younger. Its fallen by the wayside, though.

Putting together a town history could be fun, though. I think I'll give it a go over the next few weeks. Going on vacation next week so I'm not do ok my anything but getting drunk for a while. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.