Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shadow figures

Freakedoutfairy

As a child I used to experience this quite often.  My bedroom window was towards the foot of my bed about 10 feet away from the end of it.  A street light shined through the window onto the wall just to my left side, which my bed was flush against.  Several times I saw a perfectly shaped shadow figure against the wall and it moved.  I remember one instance of seeing this (after normally just putting my head under the covers until it went away), instead I got up and faced it.  I moved left, it would move left, moved right, it moved right.  There was no light source from behind me so it was not my shadow, and it's movements were delayed, but mimicked mine.  This happened so often that my parent began telling me to go back to my room after I would run downstairs and into their bed.  So I essentially had to face it.  My solution most of the time was to just hide under my covers.  Anyway, this particular time after the moving left and right thing, I jumped back into my bed and looked at it for a second and it seemed to peel off of the wall and bend over towards me.  I had this same experience several times and each time hid under the covers when it would come toward me.  Eventually it stopped happening.  It didn't feel like a dream, everything was continuous, me seeing it getting scared, running out of the room, returning to the room.  I honestly don't know and have never experienced it again since then and have never heard anyone else having either until now.  What's weird is I just joined this forum today to try and get some feedback on a dream I had last night and I see this.