Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Black panther' reportedly seen in Scotland

Still Waters

Police have issued a warning after reports of a black panther roaming near villages in Ayrshire.

Residents in Drongan and Coalhall were advised of the potential sighting of the big cat in fields near to the B730, which is situated between the two villages, on Friday.

Police called in a helicopter to try and locate the animal, but were unable to find it.

A big cat expert has been drafted in to help confirm the identity of the animal.

https://stv.tv/news/west-central/1432018-public-warned-as-black-panther-spotted-near-villages/

• Like 5

I've been thinking for years these big cat sightings in the UK are all escaped or released exotic pets. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Piney said:

I've been thinking for years these big cat sightings in the UK are all escaped or released exotic pets. 

They are. :tu:

I have seen one and so has my husband ..at different times. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

I thought I saw one in Bronte Country on the Moors. But I was young and I don't know if memory or imagination serves me. 

1 minute ago, Piney said:

I thought I saw one in Bronte Country on the Moors. But I was young and I don't know if memory or imagination serves me. 

I saw one in Dorset.

There have been a few big cats escaping from private zoos, but anyone who has lost a big cat or let it loose, which was kept illegally, obviously keep their mouths shut. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Piney said:

If there were any in Bronte Country today, I would know, I covered every inch with the different packs, although there is enough sheep around here to feed several families of ABC's.. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Piney said:

I do believe 100% that we have big cats here in the UK, many were just released be there owners when the laws changed in the 70's, rather than hand them over to the authorities, the majority have to be escaped exotic pets today, there have been a few sightings around here where I live from credible people that I know, however I think they misidentified what they thought they saw... 

Big cats in Scotland?  Next they'll be saying there are wallabies living there ....... :lol:

5 minutes ago, Essan said:

Big cats in Scotland?  Next they'll be saying there are wallabies living there ....... :lol:

Thats just silly, we all know the big cats ate all the wallabies in Scotland..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

Thats just silly, we all know the big cats ate all the wallabies in Scotland..

Fortunately, big cats can't swim :P 

https://www.scotsman.com/news/the-loch-lomond-island-home-to-wallabies-and-how-to-get-there-1-4205617

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Essan said:

I know there are wallabies in Whales, the amount of times I have looked out to that island when we stopped in Luss on our way to the Isle of Mull and the time there are little skivvies bounding around there? I can see why its up for debate. Thanks for the link.

So I have no doubt that big cats exist in places they're not supposed to but comeon people if you're using this picture to report a black panther, shouldnt you have also reported the freakishly large birds hanging out with him?

_103936593_cat01.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Scotland has been invaded by giant man-eating magpies! :o

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Essan said:

Scotland has been invaded by giant man-eating magpies! :o

Didn't anyone notice the size comparison before they called the professionals.. pmsl

• Like 3

19 hours ago, freetoroam said:

Any photos?,probably a hallucination,were you sleep deprived?on medication?There's lots of reasons people see unusual things but they aren't real,not ever.

On 10/19/2018 at 8:54 AM, Piney said:

Thats the exact reason people need to do their research before purchasing these animals because the only one that suffers in the end is the animal..Case in point; the python problem in Florida. That said I believe (ABC's) Alien Big Cats are more likely than any bigfoot out there...and probably the only reason that is you cannot buy bigfoot at a pet store!

Edited by Alien Origins
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, openozy said:

Any photos?,probably a hallucination,were you sleep deprived?on medication?There's lots of reasons people see unusual things but they aren't real,not ever.

Let  me make this one clear, i am not saying i saw ghosts or orbs or anything paranormal.

It is a fact there have been wild cats let loose or have escaped. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.unilad.co.uk/animals/there-could-now-be-an-escaped-lion-on-the-loose/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/nov/01/escaped-lynx-net-closes-in-on-big-cat-loose-in-welsh-hills

There are quite a few more.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

So I have no doubt that big cats exist in places they're not supposed to but comeon people if you're using this picture to report a black panther, shouldnt you have also reported the freakishly large birds hanging out with him?

_103936593_cat01.jpg

Looks like Tom has gone walkabouts again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/19/2018 at 9:52 AM, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

I do believe 100% that we have big cats here in the UK, many were just released be there owners when the laws changed in the 70's, rather than hand them over to the authorities, the majority have to be escaped exotic pets today, there have been a few sightings around here where I live from credible people that I know, however I think they misidentified what they thought they saw... 

Other than misidentification the ABCs have got to be escapes or released animals. I read somewhere that sightings have dropped since the law changes in the 70s which would make sense since it's now harder to keep those animals.  I'll see if I can find a link to the article. 

Edited by Jenn8779
Edited for clarification
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, freetoroam said:

Let  me make this one clear, i am not saying i saw ghosts or orbs or anything paranormal.

It is a fact there have been wild cats let loose or have escaped. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.unilad.co.uk/animals/there-could-now-be-an-escaped-lion-on-the-loose/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/nov/01/escaped-lynx-net-closes-in-on-big-cat-loose-in-welsh-hills

There are quite a few more.

I find it hard to believe you saw this "big cat" once, then you or your husband went back to the same area and saw it again without a camera to catch it more than once.

Why do so many people in Scotland have big cats in the first plaace?!?

1 hour ago, openozy said:

I find it hard to believe you saw this "big cat" once, then you or your husband went back to the same area and saw it again without a camera to catch it more than once.

? Where did i say any of that?

I saw one when on a train and my husband saw one when driving his lorry in Wales.

Since the introduction of the Dangerous Wild Animals Act of 1976 and the changes in law on circuses keeping wild cats, sitings have been seen in many areas.

It is not a secret or a mystery that owners let their exotic pets loose and some have escaped. 

What do you not understand about that?

We are not talking about anything paranornal here so please do not try to compare the two by using questions we would use when people claim to see anything paranormal...that is being ridiculous. 

these exotic cats do exists in our world and it is no secret people keep them as pets. 

57 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

these exotic cats do exists in our world

So does the paranormal.I guarantee more people have seen paranormal things than escaped big cats,99% of the cat sightings are just big ferals as I suspect you and your husbands cat sightings were.

58 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

by using questions we would use when people claim to see anything paranormal

I find it just as hard to believe what you claim to see as you to my claims.And who's "we"are you in a club or something.

7 hours ago, openozy said:

So does the paranormal.I guarantee more people have seen paranormal things than escaped big cats,99% of the cat sightings are just big ferals as I suspect you and your husbands cat sightings were.

I find it just as hard to believe what you claim to see as you to my claims.And who's "we"are you in a club or something.

You are being very foolish.

What are you not getting that there was a law change because people have exotic pets which include big cats. 

There are no laws about the paranormal...unless you want to include 'no trespassing' by those trapsing into cemetaries or old houses at night. 

Did you not read the links? Big cats have  escaped or been let loose.

I am a nature lover and have lived on the rivers and canals and in the countryside for many years, and know my wildlife and know the difference between a tom and a panther.

I have even said on here when people post a picure claiming to have seen a big cat,, that it is not one.