Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
The Caspian Hare

Jewish man beaten to death in racial attack

28 posts in this topic

The Caspian Hare

https://www.theyeshivaworld.com/news/general/1607239/jewish-journalist-dies-6-months-after-vicious-hate-crime-beating-left-him-in-vegetative-state.html

Jerry Wolkowitz, a longtime EMT, photojournalist and son of Jewish Holocaust survivors who was the victim of a vicious racially-motivated attack, has died at age 56 after nearly six months on life support.

On May 1, 2018, 25-year-old Jamil Hubbard allegedly approached Wolkowitz from behind and punched him in the head and face. He then allegedly pulled Wolkowitz’s body into the parking lot of his Freehold, New Jersey apartment building and ran him over with his car, leaving him for dead.

Hubbard then allegedly stole the car and abandoned it near his home in Sayreville, New Jersey.

• Sad 4

Dark_Grey
16 minutes ago, The Caspian Hare said:

“The investigation determined that the defendant targeted the victim because of his race,” Monmouth County Prosecutor Christopher J. Gramiccioni said at the time, adding that Hubbard, who is black, and Wolkowitz, who is white, did not know each other.

How did they determine it was racially motivated? The article doesn't say

• Like 1

The Caspian Hare
46 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Hubbard "explained that he chose him because he was a white man," Assistant Monmouth County Prosecutor Keri-Leigh Schaefer said in a September court hearing. Although Hubbard had never met Wolkowitz, he wanted to kill him because of his race, she said.

https://www.app.com/story/news/crime/jersey-mayhem/2018/10/18/jerry-wolkowitz-has-died/1680770002/

• Thanks 1

freetoroam
1 hour ago, Dark_Grey said:

I would have said the low life murderer was after a car and not the colour of his victims skin:

Hubbard then allegedly stole the car 

Why allegedly? He either took the car or he did not.  As it happens...he did take the car, there is no allegedly about it. 

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Farmer77
1 minute ago, freetoroam said:

Why allegedly? He either took the car or he did not.  As it happens...he did take the car, there is no allegedly about it. 

Because he hasnt been convicted yet and if for some strange reason he is exonerated he could sue the media outlet for reporting it as fact that he stole the car.

• Thanks 1

seanjo
16 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

I would have said the low life murderer was after a car and not the colour of his victims skin:

Innocent until proven guilty....oh wait I forgot that has all changed now!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

freetoroam
2 minutes ago, seanjo said:

Innocent until proven guilty....oh wait I forgot that has all changed now!

It has "allegedly" on all points, so they think they have the right man or they are not sure. :unsure:

They come to this conclusion with no "allegedly" to it

And yet they can not be sure here:

Jamil Hubbard allegedly approached Wolkowitz from behind and punched him in the head and face. He then allegedly pulled Wolkowitz’s body into the parking lot of his Freehold, New Jersey apartment building and ran him over with his car, leaving him for dead.

Hubbard then allegedly stole the car and abandoned it near his home in Sayreville, New Jersey.

• Like 1

Dark_Grey
38 minutes ago, The Caspian Hare said:

Hubbard "explained that he chose him because he was a white man," Assistant Monmouth County Prosecutor Keri-Leigh Schaefer said in a September court hearing. Although Hubbard had never met Wolkowitz, he wanted to kill him because of his race, she said.

So he just straight up says "I am going to kill you because you are white" and proceeds to run the guy over with his own car. Wow

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

freetoroam
7 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

So he just straight up says "I am going to kill you because you are white" and proceeds to run the guy over with his own car. Wow

Allegedly. ;)

Oh wait, sorry no, that part they seem sure on. 

womanshrug.gif

• Like 2

seanjo
17 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

It has "allegedly" on all points, so they think they have the right man or they are not sure. :unsure:

They believe they have the right person, but it has to be proven in a court of law using evidence, so until then the crime is alleged.

Allegation
In law, an allegation is a claim of a fact by a party in a pleading, charge, or defense. Until they can be proved, allegations remain merely assertions.

• Like 1

seanjo
18 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Because he was a Jew, not European.

Setton
23 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

As farmer told you, until convicted all crimes are alleged (same root as allegation). Otherwise the media is stating as fact something that could (now matter how unlikely) not be true. 

You'll see it in literally every crime news story. 

Edited by Setton

freetoroam
Just now, seanjo said:

They believe they have the right person, but it has to be proven in a court of law using evidence, so until then the crime is alleged.

Allegation
In law, an allegation is a claim of a fact by a party in a pleading, charge, or defense. Until they can be proved, allegations remain merely assertions.

I know all that, i just do not understand how they can allege all the points relating to the actual crime and yet there is no alleging on the race bit, which is imo not nessesarily the reason, i think the colour of his victims skin was not the reason why he (allegedly)  stole the car. 

• Like 2

third_eye

Hard sell hard boil Journalism ...

~

• Thanks 1

freetoroam
10 minutes ago, Setton said:

As farmer told you, until convicted all crimes are alleged (same root as allegation). Otherwise the media is stating as fact something that could (now matter how unlikely) not be true. 

You'll see it in literally every crime news story. 

It is because of this as to why i am asking why they are not alleging it is a racial attack. 

According to the article, they have determined it was:

The investigation determined that the defendant targeted the victim because of his race,” 

And this is before they go to court with the alleged points. 

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

third_eye
3 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

It is because of this as to why i am asking why they are not alleging it is a racial attack. .

Because quite obviously, that is black and white ...

~

*evil laugh*

• Like 1

seanjo
3 hours ago, freetoroam said:

I know all that, i just do not understand how they can allege all the points relating to the actual crime and yet there is no alleging on the race bit, which is imo not nessesarily the reason, i think the colour of his victims skin was not the reason why he (allegedly)  stole the car. 

I expect he told them he "wanted to kill the k*** b******" or some such similar thing.

Booth
6 hours ago, freetoroam said:

Excellent point. Somehow, what physically took place remains "alleged", but the idea that it may have been "racially-motivated" is reported as an accepted fact; not merely alleged.

But, of course, the perpetrator's state of mind and forethought was obvious. How dare you suggest otherwise. I mean, really? The victim, after all, was the "son of Jewish Holocaust Survivors"!!! How can you question this? What are you, some kind of Neo-Nazi who denies the Holocaust and wants to kill all Jews? You sicken me...

• Like 1

Setton
10 hours ago, freetoroam said:

It is because of this as to why i am asking why they are not alleging it is a racial attack. 

According to the article, they have determined it was:

And this is before they go to court with the alleged points. 

Because the suspect stated that was his motive. 

If he said it himself, he can't sue them for reporting it. 

freetoroam
11 minutes ago, Setton said:

Because the suspect stated that was his motive. 

If he said it himself, he can't sue them for reporting it. 

Allegedly...but it does not say that he stated that, but it does say he stole his car.

Gramiccioni said at the time, adding that Hubbard, who is black, and Wolkowitz, who is white, did not know each other.

https://www.theyeshivaworld.com/news/general/1607239/jewish-journalist-dies-6-months-after-vicious-hate-crime-beating-left-him-in-vegetative-state.html

So how did he know he was the son of a Jewish holocaust survivor and why would he have a gripe against him for that reason if he had known? 

Is there a link showing where he states that was his reason for killing him?

freetoroam
4 hours ago, Booth said:

Excellent point. Somehow, what physically took place remains "alleged", but the idea that it may have been "racially-motivated" is reported as an accepted fact; not merely alleged.

But, of course, the perpetrator's state of mind and forethought was obvious. How dare you suggest otherwise. I mean, really? The victim, after all, was the "son of Jewish Holocaust Survivors"!!! How can you question this? What are you, some kind of Neo-Nazi who denies the Holocaust and wants to kill all Jews? You sicken me...

Wow easy on the end bit.  

I am certainly none of that, i am questioning why a black man would hate a Jewish man so much to kill him just because he was jewish if the reason he killed him  was not because he wanted to steal the car.

Are there any black neo-nazi's ? 

RoofGardener
33 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Yes; they're called the Nation of Islam ! 

People are fixating on two unrelated issues. The police stated that Hubbard stated that he killed Wolkowitz because ".. he was white". 

The NEWSPAPERS mentioned that Wolkowitz was a holocaust survivor, as part of his background, and to presumably tug emotional heart strings. ("he survived the holocaust, only be to be killed by this animal" ... style of thing.. ). 

Nobody has suggested that Hubbard knew that his victim was a Jew. 

freetoroam
9 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Yes; they're called the Nation of Islam ! 

People are fixating on two unrelated issues. The police stated that Hubbard stated that he killed Wolkowitz because ".. he was white". 

The NEWSPAPERS mentioned that Wolkowitz was a holocaust survivor, as part of his background, and to presumably tug emotional heart strings. ("he survived the holocaust, only be to be killed by this animal" ... style of thing.. ). 

Nobody has suggested that Hubbard knew that his victim was a Jew. 

I am not even getting he was a holocaust survivor, but the son of one. 

As for the race bit, the county procesutor brought that bit in.

allegedly.

i am going to allege some crackhead wanted to steal a car and did not care if the victim was white, brown, black, yellow or green.

Edited by freetoroam

RoofGardener
13 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

I am not even getting he was a holocaust survivor, but the son of one. 

As for the race bit, the county procesutor brought that bit in.

allegedly.

i am going to allege some crackhead wanted to steal a car and did not care if the victim was white, brown, black, yellow or green.

Well, the truth will come out :) 

Booth
On 10/20/2018 at 1:53 AM, freetoroam said:

Wow easy on the end bit.  

I am certainly none of that, i am questioning why a black man would hate a Jewish man so much to kill him just because he was jewish if the reason he killed him  was not because he wanted to steal the car.

I hope you understood I was being sarcastic...

But to answer your question, it's because of "THE HOLOCAUST". Jews are perpetual victims. No matter how many countries they're expelled from(for no discernible reason, of course), no matter how many billions they swindle, no matter how many Palestinians they slaughter today, they are always the victim. You see, it's not possible for someone to steal a Jew's car simply because they want the car. They must have done it because they are Anti-Semitic. That's the only acceptable explanation. And if you question that, you must be some kind of Nazi, or at least a sympathizer. That's how the narrative works.

• Thanks 1