Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Our Universe Alone?

zep73

1 hour ago, narayan said:

Our Universe Alive

Our Universe not  Alone

God created Earth and Heaven :wub:

1384238_10151611527022735_777265381_n.jpg.92727b7da3788e335b0147fc916cb52d.jpg

It is nice to see a Hindu here. I get tired of Christian point of views.:lol: Can you explain what you think God is?

1 minute ago, Truthseeker007 said:

It is nice to see a Hindu here. I get tired of Christian point of views.:lol: Can you explain what you think God is?

Please respect the premises of this thread :tu:

Just now, Truthseeker007 said:

i am no hindu 

i am vaishnav hare krishna 

God  english word Dev  sanskrit word

Brahma (Sanskrit: ब्रह्मा, IAST: Brahmā) is a creator god in only Hinduism

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, narayan said:

i am no hindu 

i am vaishnav hare krishna 

God  english word Dev  sanskrit word

Brahma (Sanskrit: ब्रह्मा, IAST: Brahmā) is a creator god in only Hinduism

So Krishna Consciousness?

6 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Please respect the premises of this thread :tu:

I am not sure what you mean because wouldn't God be an alien and if there is a God that would make us not alone in the universe.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Truthseeker007 said:

I am not sure what you mean because wouldn't God be an alien and if there is a God that would make us not alone in the universe.

This thread is in the "Space Exploration, Spaceflight and Astronomy" section, and is about a multiverse or not a multiverse. Not about God or us being alone!

Edited by sci-nerd
  • Thanks 1

Just now, sci-nerd said:

This thread is in the "Space Exploration, Spaceflight and Astronomy" section, and is about a multiverse or not a multiverse. Not about God or being alone!

How would God not be apart of that? So you are making up rules about your thread as you go?

How would God not be apart of that? So you are making up rules about your thread as you go?

No I don't, if you bothered to read the OP.

yes ,  vishnu Krishna Consciousness :)

i don't believe alien 

i  believe god 

i am  from india

Supreme Being in its Vaishnavism tradition.vishnu is the "preserver universe " 

• Like 1

Just now, sci-nerd said:

No I don't, if you bothered to read the OP.

Well ok then my apologies. I think this is just one universe of many universes if not an infinite amount besides this one. I do think that traveling through a wormhole can take you into other dimensions and other universes and a quicker way from point a to point b. A black hole may also be a portal into another dimension not to mention an infinite number of timelines which can make it hard for time travel and find a certain point in time. In other words it may be very hard to quantum leap onto a specific timeline and may not be possible at all. But I think it is possible to time travel just hard to find the timeline you yourself are on.

15 minutes ago, Truthseeker007 said:

I do think that traveling through a wormhole can take you into other dimensions and other universes and a quicker way from point a to point b.

You can't change dimension. You are stuck here in the 4th.
A wormhole can act as a shortcut from point A to point B, but not get you to another universe (which is pure theoretical speculation).

A black hole may also be a portal into another dimension not to mention an infinite number of timelines which can make it hard for time travel and find a certain point in time.

As mentioned, you can't change dimension. That is only possible in fiction. And you can only travel forward in time, by being close to a black hole.. Backwards time travel would require all the energy in the universe, and is considered impossible. So without backwards travel, the timeline is safe, and no other timelines are needed.

Edited by sci-nerd
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sci-nerd said:

You can't change dimension. You are stuck here in the 4th. A wormhole can act as a shortcut from point A to point B, but not get you to another universe (which is pure theoretical speculation).

As mentioned, you can't change dimension. That is only possible in fiction. And you can only travel forward in time, by being close to a black hole.. Backwards time travel would require all the energy in the universe, and is considered impossible. So without backwards travel, the timeline is safe, and no other timelines are needed.

We are in the 3rd dimension unless you are in a dream and your consciousness moves to the 4th. There  are ways to move to other dimensions through consciousness.

You might want to step outside of your box for a minute and broaden your horizons because you have a lot to learn. Time does not actually exist so there is no forward or backwards it is always in the moment. Just like if you travel a year at light speed and you come back to the earth with everybody you knew long gone.

You are only using basic science when you need to be using quantum.

We are in the 3rd dimension

Time is also a dimension, which makes this the 4th.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Truthseeker007 said:

You are only using basic science when you need to be using quantum.

Quantum dimensions are subatomic and only theoretical. They do not apply to the macroscopic world we live in.

7 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Time is also a dimension, which makes this the 4th.

We are 3rd dimension living at this present moment we are experiencing. How can time be a dimension if it don't exist? Time is only an illusion.

6 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Quantum dimensions are subatomic and only theoretical. They do not apply to the macroscopic world we live in.

Well yea! We can't just periodically slip into the 5th dimension but it isn't impossible. Your vibration must be raised like tuning into another radio station. We are only aware of this radio station because this is the one we are tuned to but many radio stations are available.

Well yea! We can't just periodically slip into the 5th dimension but it isn't impossible. Your vibration must be raised like tuning into another radio station. We are only aware of this radio station because this is the one we are tuned to but many radio stations are available.

So, you're actually talking about the quantum multiverse. If you would have lead with that, this conversation would have run much smoother :D

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

So, you're actually talking about the quantum multiverse. If you would have lead with that, this conversation would have run much smoother :D

I guess I have a round about going at it in my mental capacity.:lol:But yes I do believe the quantum multiverse is what is going on.

4 minutes ago, Truthseeker007 said:

I guess I have a round about going at it in my mental capacity.:lol:But yes I do believe the quantum multiverse is what is going on.

I know a few here on UM who also likes that interpretation. But not me. I like the virtual model much better. As I mentioned in a PM to you, I made a thread about it.

1 minute ago, sci-nerd said:

I know a few here on UM who also likes that interpretation. But not me. I like the virtual model much better. As I mentioned in a PM to you, I made a thread about it.

I guess it is kind of like an Evangelical Christian arguing with a Protestant Christian over what the Bible says.:lol:It all says the same thing just see it a bit differently. I will check the thread out.Thanks.

38 minutes ago, Truthseeker007 said:

I guess it is kind of like an Evangelical Christian arguing with a Protestant Christian over what the Bible says.

Not quite. In the quantum multiverse you have every possible reality present in one single physical universe.
In the virtual model you have no universe at all. It's fake. Simulated. We do not exist, except as expressions of data.

1 hour ago, sci-nerd said:

Not quite. In the quantum multiverse you have every possible reality present in one single physical universe.
In the virtual model you have no universe at all. It's fake. Simulated. We do not exist, except as expressions of data.

I could see this all being a total simulation.

Speaking as a non-astronomer, I think the model in my mind of it all is like your option 1, with many universes out there, similar to how many galaxies are within our own universe. Probably, each of those universes have their own properties and physics. In my model of it, if they come close enough the interaction can result in a new universe coming to be.

But, I don't know and have been influenced by a lot of sci fi novels in my teens :).