Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Caravan migrants stopped at Mexico border

docyabut2

29 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

I like borders.  Every country should get to decide who comes in to their home.   But a little perspective is in order.

1500 men, women and children is not a nation threatening mob.  It does not take a wall or a significant portion of the US army to deter these folks. You really don't even have to be mean about it.  That is your choice. It could be handled without political panic or mileage for either side, just business as usual on the border.

As for the original post, I think it was the other way around, we took their country.

People come here drawn by jobs.  It might be a whole lot easier to  discourage that if we enforce our employment policies on companies that want to cheat the system and pay substandard wages to illegals.

Uhhh... are you using logic instead of blind outrage and fear mongering?

How dare you, sir.

• Like 2

If posters can not post anything productive,  they are free to go and post in different threads.

Thread Cleaned.

Edited by Kismit
Spelling fixed

In the days of old....President Obama would have done nothing....

But...Trump has renegotiated NAFTA with Mexico  AND Canada....He has said he will send the military to the border...close the border...think for a minute what that actually means, no trucks going to Mexico, no trucks coming from Mexico...he has also said he will cut off aid to Mexico and Guatemala and Honduras.   

I think the Mexican Presidente is scared to freaking death of Trump.   He had rather have them massed on his border than on ours...thinks of what the military on the border means...M 16s pointed at Mexico....El Presidente does NOT want a war with the Trumpster...pure and simple...and he is more scared of Trump than the Cartels.

2 hours ago, TomasaurusREKT said:

Hopefully Trump really does put our military at the border. This is invasion and needs to be stopped with force if necessary.

I'm sorry, did you serve?  I'm guessing not, if you think our military should be at the border.  We have Border Patrol.  Get off your ass an join the military and sit at the border if that's what you think is appropriate.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

I'm sorry, did you serve?  I'm guessing not, if you think our military should be at the border.  We have Border Patrol.  Get off your ass an join the military and sit at the border if that's what you think is appropriate.  

if you could guard poppy fields in Afghanistan, you sure can guard our border

• Thanks 1

Doesn't every nation have the right to determine who, and how many, they let in? Most do that without all the bickering and antagonism that happens in America.

I'd certainly consider myself more left than right, but I'm struggling to see what objections any reasonable person would have with the principle of border security. Is it the method of policing this that they don't like? Is it Trump's moronic rhetoric? Or the thinly veiled xenophobia?

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Arbenol said:

Doesn't every nation have the right to determine who, and how many, they let in? Most do that without all the bickering and antagonism that happens in America.

I'd certainly consider myself more left than right, but I'm struggling to see what objections any reasonable person would have with the principle of border security. Is it the method of policing this that they don't like? Is it Trump's moronic rhetoric? Or the thinly veiled xenophobia?

No sane person has an issue with borders, nor a legal process and path to citizenship. The rdiculous part is he blind fear and xenophobia used for political posturing and to drive America back into an isolationist Nation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, aztek said:

if you could guard poppy fields in Afghanistan, you sure can guard our border

U.s. military troops cannot be used to enforce laws on us soil.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

U.s. military troops cannot be used to enforce laws on us soil.

You should check your facts. They can be used to assist Law enforcement and potentially even more than that depending on how you read the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA),

11 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

You should check your facts. They can be used to assist Law enforcement and potentially even more than that depending on how you read the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA),

Posse Comitatus Act

5 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Posse Comitatus Act

Not quite. That was enacted after the end of Reconstruction  and applied only to the former Confederate States.

http://g2mil.com/border.htm

Just now, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Well, regardless, I don't care enough to look any further into it.

I'm sure you don't. Disinformation is much more convenient.

Posse Comitatus Act

The problem is that it is an external group of people trying to illegally enter the United States.  Technically that is an invasion and the posse comitatus act doesnt apply.  

Even if you argue that it is not an invasion the posse comitatus act still wouldnt apply.

First if the army or air national guard and state defense forces are being commanded by the governor of the state the posse comitatus act doesnt apply.  Second federal armed forces can be used as long as it's in accordance with the insurrection act, so since part of it is dealing with lawlessness it would probably apply.  Lastly the president can use the military to enforce federal laws at his discretion, with the best example being Eisenhower using the 101st airborne division to ensure the integration of little rock high school and since border security falls under federal law Trump could use the military on the border.

4 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

I'm sure you don't. Disinformation is much more convenient.

Being wrong does not equate to dissinformation. That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard and I read the forums here regularly.

If you're going for a backhanded insult, I would expect better out of you than that.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1

Hang on a second here, does this mean the POTUS can drop a nuke anywhere on US soil based on National Security interests ?

~

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

The problem is that it is an external group of people trying to illegally enter the United States.  Technically that is an invasion and the posse comitatus act doesnt apply.  

Even if you argue that it is not an invasion the posse comitatus act still wouldnt apply.

First if the army or air national guard and state defense forces are being commanded by the governor of the state the posse comitatus act doesnt apply.  Second federal armed forces can be used as long as it's in accordance with the insurrection act, so since part of it is dealing with lawlessness it would probably apply.  Lastly the president can use the military to enforce federal laws at his discretion, with the best example being Eisenhower using the 101st airborne division to ensure the integration of little rock high school and since border security falls under federal law Trump could use the military on the border.

I already said I was wrong. And also that I don't really care.

Just now, Imaginarynumber1 said:

I already said I was wrong. And also that I don't really care.

I'm on my phone and dont get notified as I'm typing a new post, secondly I dont really care if you care or not as I'm more interested in other readers getting factual information then try to convince you of anything.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Being wrong does not equate to dissinformation. That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard and I read the forums here regularly.

If you're going for a backhanded insult, I would expect better out of you than that.

You insulted your own intelligence, not I. The military certainly can stop organized incursions of US borders and be used against US civilians judged in insurrection against their own government.

15 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

You insulted your own intelligence, not I. The military certainly can stop organized incursions of US borders and be used against US civilians judged in insurrection against their own government.

Nobody insults me better than I insult myself 

16 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

I'm on my phone and dont get notified as I'm typing a new post, secondly I dont really care if you care or not as I'm more interested in other readers getting factual information then try to convince you of anything.

Then in the future refrain from quoting me

Edited by Imaginarynumber1

1 minute ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Seriously, The President, with Congressional approval, could declare a State if Emergency in all affected border counties and implement Martial Law. The Military would have complete authority to carry out the President's lawful instructions. I doubt such a complete draconian solution will be resorted to--but it would all be quite legal.

I'm not going to bother continuing this beyond this point, but you really got to calm down over having your mistake pointed out and I'll do what I want in the future even if that means quoting you and pointing out more of your mistakes.

7 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Seriously, The President, with Congressional approval, could declare a State if Emergency in all affected border counties and implement Martial Law. The Military would have complete authority to carry out the President's lawful instructions. I doubt such a complete draconian solution will be resorted to--but it would all be quite legal.

I know. I didn't fully read up on the act and the executive order that circumvents it. I'm been on call for almost 40 hours and busy this weekend. Cut me some slack I'm tired

8 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

I'm not going to bother continuing this beyond this point, but you really got to calm down over having your mistake pointed out and I'll do what I want in the future even if that means quoting you and pointing out more of your mistakes.

Why bother to point it out when i already acknowledged it? Just a waste.

I'm just going to quote you with every post I make form now on because I am petty and childish.