Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Caravan migrants stopped at Mexico border

docyabut2

8 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Oh wow :blink:........ the link I posted was based on widely publicly available information.

I think you meant "widely publicly available misleading conclusion".

The notion that any and all potential terrorists were somehow cleaned out in that single event is ridiculous (but I think you know that).

• Like 3

Thinking about it, we should just invade Guatemala and Honduras and make them colonies.  If their populations want to come here, then we should absorb these nations and setup American government there so that they can acclimate to it.  And as each state fails, just take it over.

• Thanks 1

It shows by a family that made it over on the river claimed it is the criminals that want their money.  It only goes to show  that dammed democrats  support them  want the money and their votes to get over the power :(

Edited by docyabut2

I dont know about the votes lots of these migrants are from rural areas and they are conservative catholics. They arent fond of gays nor multiple genders. Just saying.

45 minutes ago, Mr Supertypo said:

I dont know about the votes lots of these migrants are from rural areas and they are conservative catholics. They arent fond of gays nor multiple genders. Just saying.

it's ok they are not white straight males, so they can do no wrong.:D

Edited by aztek

6 hours ago, aztek said:

you assume isis does not recruit anywhere they can. they may very well be Guatemala citizens radicalized and recruited by isis

I know the source is unreliable, but  Donald Trump was the one saying that there was middle eastern terrorists coming in with the caravan: http://time.com/5432702/president-trump-admits-he-has-no-proof-terrorists-are-in-the-migrant-caravan/

He didn't say anything about them recruiting Guatemalans.

3 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

I know the source is unreliable, but  Donald Trump was the one saying that there was middle eastern terrorists coming in with the caravan: http://time.com/5432702/president-trump-admits-he-has-no-proof-terrorists-are-in-the-migrant-caravan/

He didn't say anything about them recruiting Guatemalans.

so your argument that trump said something that is not accurate,  but not actual situation on hand, got it. 

15 minutes ago, aztek said:

so your argument that trump said something that is not accurate,  but not actual situation on hand, got it. 

Pretty sure the "ISIS is recruiting Guatemalans" is your spin on what Trump said which makes it two steps removed from the actual situation.

5 hours ago, Mr Supertypo said:

They also don't know a thing about American politics and would vote as they were told to vote.  Bussed and fed, they would be easily led.

4 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Pretty sure the "ISIS is recruiting Guatemalans" is your spin on what Trump said which makes it two steps removed from the actual situation.

ok, anytime you wanna talk about actual odds of  terrorists coming in that caravan, i'm here,   but  if you want to talk about what trump said, i'm sure you'll find someone else happy to chat about that.

11 minutes ago, aztek said:

ok, anytime you wanna talk about actual odds of  terrorists coming in that caravan, i'm here,   but  if you want to talk about what trump said, i'm sure you'll find someone else happy to chat about that.

The odds are nil.  ISIS wouldn't join a caravan who's whole purpose is to go to the US border, turn themselves in, file for asylum, and undergo a background check while in detention- all while in the eye of the media and various governments.  They would just pay a coyote to smuggle them into the US in a drug tunnel, if anything.

3 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

The odds are nil.  

odds are great , they arrested 100 isis in Guatemala. 

unless you say it did not happen i see odds being quite high.

and no, they do not care about background checks, that is laughable. they have no papers, no records in usa database,.

never dismiss Murphy law

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

Just now, aztek said:

and no, they do not care about background checks, that is laughable. they have no papers, no records in usa database,.

You seem unfamiliar with our refugee process.  They actually do vet very well and many people get denied. 

39 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

You seem unfamiliar with our refugee process.  They actually do vet very well and many people get denied. 

no, i'm not familiar with vetting process of illegals,   but i see tons of illegals in nyc who never had any vetting.

if you saying they  are trying to cause a confrontation , get arrested, vetted.. ect. so what,  recruited Guatemala national  terrorist has no problem doing it, no one knows he is isis, when he gets here, he waits for farther instructions .

i do not see anything unrealistic,

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

The odds are nil.  ISIS wouldn't join a caravan who's whole purpose is to go to the US border, turn themselves in, file for asylum, and undergo a background check while in detention- all while in the eye of the media and various governments.  They would just pay a coyote to smuggle them into the US in a drug tunnel, if anything.

There would be too many to hold in detention, so what would happen is what always happens.  They are released with a promise to return on their scheduled court date, of which the majority are no shows.  So sure, they'll join a caravan in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

It is not exactly like ISIS members would be wearing a sign stating their intentions. They do a pretty good job blending in among different cultures including our own.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aztek said:

never dismiss Murphy law

They arrested and deported 100 people whom they said were "highly linked" to terrorist groups like ISIS- completely different meaning than being a part of ISIS.

Guatemala might be known for a lot of things but terrorism isn't one of them: https://www.worlddata.info/america/guatemala/terrorism.php

How many terrorist attacks by Guatemalans have occurred in the US in the last 50 years?  Even with the annual caravan of thousands that has been coming here regularly.  Zero, none, nil, zilch.

If you want to promote fear mongering, at least make it plausible.  Say they are sneaking in tunnels or on board shipping vessels.  Saying they are marching in plain view into the arms of US authorities to be detained and vetted is just absurd beyond belief.

Edited by Gromdor

I'd have to agree with a number of posters here. I think the 'terrorist angle' on this caravan is.. well.. somewhat unlikely. 

I'm not saying it can't happen... there ARE muslims in Guatemala, Nicaragua and Honduras (mostly Palestinian immigrants), but their numbers are VERY small. 

9 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

Thinking about it, we should just invade Guatemala and Honduras and make them colonies.  If their populations want to come here, then we should absorb these nations and setup American government there so that they can acclimate to it.  And as each state fails, just take it over.

RavenHawk: bringing 1845 to 2018.

• Haha 1

So who is providing food and sanitary measures for all these people? I heard there is another caravan of about 2500 gathering at the Guatemalan border. So Mexico has an army...why aren't they turning this crowd around and herding them back to the first border?

• Like 1

Just now, Gromdor said:

They arrested and deported 100 people whom they said were "highly linked" to terrorist groups like ISIS- completely different meaning than being a part of ISIS.

you mean the same way 19 hijackers on 9\11 were only linked to Taliban. that sure did not stop them from killing over 3000

it does not matter if you are high ranking gangster, or just been recruited, you ARE gang member, period.  same with isis.

and as far as no Guatemalans have been terrorists, lol, so what, there are plenty of violent criminals from Guatemala here in USA,  there is absolutely nothing stopping them to commit crimes for isis instead of another gang.  i have no doubt isis can hold someone's family hostage and make them do what isis tells them.

all of it is very possible and likely to happen.

Edited by aztek

15 hours ago, Mr Supertypo said:

Despite the influence California may have, they aren't the moral compass for the rest of the world. Minorities tend to come from conservative backgrounds which is hilarious and ironic when you think about it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skliss said:

So who is providing food and sanitary measures for all these people? I heard there is another caravan of about 2500 gathering at the Guatemalan border. So Mexico has an army...why aren't they turning this crowd around and herding them back to the first border?

The Mexican army may be a little preoccupied with the cartel?