Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Caravan migrants stopped at Mexico border

docyabut2

From what I've read, a US President can affect such a blockade IF it's off US soil.

So, what, does Trump have to have Mexico's OK to have a US military line because it needs to be "off our soil"?

I'm confused.

I cant see the arguement of our army not being allowed to stand on our soil during an INVASION. We need nobody's permission.

22 hours ago, Gromdor said:

The odds are nil.  ISIS wouldn't join a caravan who's whole purpose is to go to the US border, turn themselves in, file for asylum, and undergo a background check while in detention- all while in the eye of the media and various governments.  They would just pay a coyote to smuggle them into the US in a drug tunnel, if anything.

What makes you think this crowd intends to stand in an orderly line and follow procedure? They didn't do that when they arrived at the Mexican border. They forced their way through. They've proclaimed Trumps threats are no match for their numbers. They come to demand their human rights while waving their flag and burning ours.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, skliss said:

But that's every day. Surely they could spare enough during this well publicized event to make it look like the are trying.

Gee, maybe Donny still wants his military parade this month?

Edited by Likely Guy

1 hour ago, pallidin said:

From what I've read, a US President can affect such a blockade IF it's off US soil.

So, what, does Trump have to have Mexico's OK to have a US military line because it needs to be "off our soil"?

I'm confused.

Actually, he could do that.  With Mexico's permission he could deploy US troops in Mexico to stop the caravan without violating the Constitution.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, F3SS said:

I cant see the arguement of our army not being allowed to stand on our soil during an INVASION. We need nobody's permission.

What makes you think this crowd intends to stand in an orderly line and follow procedure? They didn't do that when they arrived at the Mexican border. They forced their way through. They've proclaimed Trumps threats are no match for their numbers. They come to demand their human rights while waving their flag and burning ours.

Was that rhetorical, or is there a link involved?

Just now, Likely Guy said:

I'm just assuming it is rhetorical.  We have ICE, DEA, Border Patrol, etc. that can all operate on US soil.  The only one that is Constitutionally forbidden is the US military.  Yet at every opportunity Trump seems to want to push the envelope and circumvent the Constitution.  Might as well side with the Democrats and disband ICE and the Border Patrol if that is the case. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Actually, he could do that.  With Mexico's permission he could deploy US troops in Mexico to stop the caravan without violating the Constitution.

That, is true.

When does the new Mexican president take over?

...I find this all suspicious! :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

December 1.  He wrote a letter to Trump which addressed some of this: https://psmag.com/news/five-key-takeaways-from-the-letter-mexicos-new-president-sent-to-trump

He is a leftist.

Senor Obergon (sp?) yes.

My new conspiracy theory is that the Trump Party paid the Caravan to upset his applecart.

There! I'm sticking to it. :yes:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

I'm just assuming it is rhetorical.  We have ICE, DEA, Border Patrol, etc. that can all operate on US soil.  The only one that is Constitutionally forbidden is the US military.  Yet at every opportunity Trump seems to want to push the envelope and circumvent the Constitution.  Might as well side with the Democrats and disband ICE and the Border Patrol if that is the case. 

What law or amendment makes it illegal for the us military to operate on us soil

16 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

No I seen it a few times today. If it pops up again I'll post it. They drew a swastika on old glory and lit it on fire. Cant wait for them to get here. Yay.

23 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

What law or amendment makes it illegal for the us military to operate on us soil

"Posse commitatus", or something like that.

But it can be however overridden.

Edited by Likely Guy

13 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

"Posse commitatus", or something like that.

But it can be however overridden.

I want to see if that is what gromdor uses cause posse comitatus does not prevent the military from operating on US soil at all.

First off the national guard of each state can act freely in its home state as long as they are under the command of that state's governor and not the president.

Second federal armed forces can be used as long as they follow the insurrection act, such as the 1st marine division and 7th infantry division curtailing the 1992 LA riots.

Lastly federal troops can be used to enforce federal law at the discretion of the president, with the best example being Eisenhower using the 101st airborne to ensure little rock high school was integrated.

Ultimately there is no law or amendment that prevents the US military from acting on US soil.

9 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

I want to see if that is what gromdor uses cause posse comitatus does not prevent the military from operating on US soil at all.

It doesn't I believe, just not for political purposes.

Gromdor, I believe has already expressed his opinion.

Edited by Likely Guy

8 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

Gee, maybe Donny still wants his military parade this month?

Maybe showing it to those intent on ignoring our borders will allow them to change their minds and turn around. Sounds like a peaceful solution.

I believe that the Posse Comitatus Act limits the government in using the military to enforce domestic policies.  So, operating on US soil as long as it’s not against US citizens or their property, is perfectly fine.  So, defending the border is totally acceptable.

• Like 1

*Snippety Snip*

Too many threads open..

Edited by Dark_Grey

2 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Here we go.

This one would have been better for my Walking Dead post…

A couple of Claymores, Ma-Deuces, or even foo gas would fix the hole in that fence.

5 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

This one would have been better for my Walking Dead post…

A couple of Claymores, Ma-Deuces, or even foo gas would fix the hole in that fence.

Mark my words, this is exactly what the pipe bombs were meant to distract from. There are several groups of migrants consisting of thousands of people each. They are meeting up and consolidating as they head towards the Mexican border. Unfortunately, Mexico is not working very hard on turning them back.

Mexico dispatches two 727's with 500 officers

Sounds good on the surface, right?

Five hundred federal police officers in riot gear arrived on Wednesday in Tapachula, Chiapas on the border with Guatemala, where some 4,000 migrants are now marching northward.

The presence of federal forces on the southern border of the country is not to stop migrants from crossing the border, but to help immigration officials maintain order, Mexican Federal Police Commissioner Manelich Castilla Craviotto told Noticeros Televisia.

((They)) are trying to provoke a response from the Trump administration right before the elections. Trump will have to do something drastic at the border to maintain his word and his voter's confidence. However Trump deals with this crisis, the media will be waiting to pounce and demonize his actions.

This migrant story is playing out almost exactly the same as the EU migrant crisis a few years ago. The talking heads are even repeating the same rhetoric about "women and children", oppression, blah blah. The playbook never changes, only the names and places. Remember, it's not a grassroots movement, it's "astroturfing". 

• Like 2

Well we know what the highest ranking republicans answer to the caravan is.  Send in troops to stop them from crossing.  Do we know what the highest ranking Democrat want's to do?  Has their been a statement anyone is aware of?  Have we heard the press ask this question?

I don't know this for a fact, but my guess is, once the caravan reaches the US border they'll bumrush it like they did at the Mexican border. Btw, the word on FB is the militia is on its way to the border to assist. Whoever dreamed this up forgot about a little something ...

Edited by Stardrive

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

Well we know what the highest ranking republicans answer to the caravan is.  Send in troops to stop them from crossing.  Do we know what the highest ranking Democrat want's to do?  Has their been a statement anyone is aware of?  Have we heard the press ask this question?

Great question. I'm guessing the most they've expressed is resentment towards those of us who find this matter concerning. It's Americans 2nd with those folks.