Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
sci-nerd

Surprising / Fun Facts

63 posts in this topic

Habitat
10 minutes ago, danydandan said:

The picture you posted doesn't display!

Displayed Ok here. and when you quoted it, again ? Weird. try this:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/marshallshepherd/2018/06/28/why-hurricanes-almost-never-form-near-or-cross-the-equator/#39a138e1f837

danydandan
1 minute ago, Habitat said:

I'm using Duckduckgo Android browser. So maybe it's something to do with that.

freetoroam
38 minutes ago, Stiff said:

That needn't matter...

skeleton3.jpg

What are those things on my feet? I would break my bones trying to walk along the pontoon with them on. 

• Haha 1

Habitat
9 minutes ago, danydandan said:

I'm using Duckduckgo Android browser. So maybe it's something to do with that.

No idea, but the map shows that east Asia is the main area for tropical storms, Typhoons as they call them there.

• Thanks 1

Emma_Acid
On 21/10/2018 at 4:13 PM, Susanc241 said:

Tell me about it!  Also you keep chicken pox virus in your body for ever as well (that’s if you have had chicken pox).  When it is activated again you get shingles.

I've had all 3. There is nothing fun about this fact.

danydandan

Here is something no one knows about, expect a few people doing experiments on relating to it 

There is a new theory called 'Twisted' fibre optics which if can be established will make internet speeds up to 100 times faster than now. Also integration with optical 3d receivers will bridge the gap between fibre optical cabling and stranded copper cabling. No more lag.

danydandan

I don't know if this is fun, but it's surprising. 

I just read that there is a scientific peer reviewed paper called 'The Bl*wJ*b Papers'. Where the people involved processed 200 hours if oral sex videos, so they could better teach an AI to give Bl*wJ*bs. 

Very efficient use of time eh!

Edited by danydandan
  • Like 1

Stiff
10 minutes ago, danydandan said:

I don't know if this is fun, but it's surprising. 

I just read that there is a scientific peer reviewed paper called 'The Bl*wJ*b Papers'. Where the people involved processed 200 hours if oral sex videos, so they could better teach an AI to give Bl*wJ*bs. 

Very efficient use of time eh!

Yeah, I bet that job sucks.

• Haha 2

Black Monk

During the English Civil War, Sir Arthur Aston, a Royalist in command at Drogheda, met with a particularly gruesome fate. When the town was captured on the 11th September 1649, Parliamentary forces beat him to death with his own wooden leg.

danydandan
24 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

During the English Civil War, Sir Arthur Aston, a Royalist in command at Drogheda, met with a particularly gruesome fate. When the town was captured on the 11th September 1649, Parliamentary forces beat him to death with his own wooden leg.

Because they thought he had gold in it.  And it wasn't the English Civil War. It was Cornwell's attempt to kill every Irish and Catholic person he could.

Edited by danydandan

Black Monk
4 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Because they thought he had gold in it.  And it wasn't the English Civil War. It was Cornwell's attempt to kill every Irish and Catholic person he could.

It was during the Wars of the Three Kingdoms, of which the English Civil War was part.

As for the Cromwellian Invasion of Ireland, the Irish deserved everything they got. It was the great man's revenge on the Irish for the massacre of English Protestants in Ireland in 1641 and the fact that Irish towns like Waterford and Wexford acted as bases for privateers to attack English shipping.

danydandan
1 minute ago, Black Monk said:

It was during the Wars of the Three Kingdoms, of which the English Civil War was part.

As for the Cromwellian Invasion of Ireland, the Irish deserved everything they got. It was the great man's revenge on the Irish for the massacre of English Protestants in Ireland in 1641 and the fact that Irish towns like Waterford and Wexford acted as bases for privateers to attack English shipping.

Welcome back!

danydandan

To get back on topic, 

Grand Central Station exposes people to more radiation than most if not all nuclear power stations. Due to the high volume of granite used during it's construction.