Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Blanket being pulled??

AlrightAlexis

Okay so, I had woken up around 12:49am almost 1am when  I had noticed my blanket felt heavy where my legs were as if it was hanging off the bed so I did was any person would do, pull them back up, but as I was pulling it was as if it was being tugged at and I thought it was caught on something, then it seemed as if whatever it was caught on “let it go” but as I looked down to where it was supposedly caught there was nothing it could have been caught on, nothing on the floor and definitely not the bed frame it was completely fine and I sat wondering to myself what the hell was tugging at my blankets and many times I’ve woken up with my blankets halfway on the floor and strange new bruises on my legs but I don’t sleep next to a wall and definitely don’t recall falling off my bed.... I honestly don’t know.

"around 12:49am"

:lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Sounds like you are a restless sleeper and are not aware of it.

What material is your sheets and as you are not near a wall, they could fall off.

Can you describe the bed eg: what does the base look like and what is it made of? 

51 minutes ago, toast said:

"around 12:49am"

Yeah thats a bir,  rounding it up would have been a better start.

• Like 1

Hi and welcome.

If you have unexplained bruising it could be something medical. Have you discussed this with your doctor?

And once again I’m going to suggest googling  hypnopompic/hypnagogic hallucinations. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, freetoroam said:

Yeah thats a bir,  rounding it up would have been a better start.

'a better start'?? Is she on trial here to argue for the paranormal? (and not everyone is a professional writer)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AlrightAlexis said:

.... I honestly don’t know.

Nobody can honestly know. I am one of the those that see both a normal and paranormal possibility here.

Normal: People can do things in their sleep and not be aware of it when awake. The pull back on the blankets can be imagination and even incorporated into a half-awake dream.

Paranormal: I have come to believe that there are indeed real entities that mess with people in their sleep. That may be what is going on. Now the who/what/why of that in your particular case would be the next mystery to consider.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

I am one of the those that see both a normal and paranormal possibility here

You have stated normal, but you then clearly make your point that you believe it is entities.

I have asked the op some questions to try to establish why the sheets have come off, we know nothing about the bed frame or the sheet materials, but you still bring up entities.messing with people why they are asleep. Your bad advise does not help AT ALL. Talk about try to scare someone even more when they already freaking themselves! 

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

'a better start'?? Is she on trial here to argue for the paranormal? (and not everyone is a professional writer)

Its called dramatizing when there really is no need.

Around 12.59? How about around 1. 

3 hours ago, freetoroam said:

You have stated normal, but you then clearly make your point that you believe it is entities.

I say I believe in the existence of entities. I say I can't know in this particular case though.

And then you jump off the logic wagon and say I: clearly make your point that you believe it is entities.

:wacko::wacko:  How do you justify your comments from anything I said??

• Like 1

I sometimes wonder just how responsible movies are for a great many unfounded paranormal fears. Blanket pulling ghosts are little more than horror movie cliches when you think about it. If ghosts were indeed real, why tug on a person's bedding? If they had the strength to pull a duvet off someone, why not do something more impressive instead? People should not be so impressionable. They scare themselves silly for no good reason whatsoever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, freetoroam said:

Sounds like you are a restless sleeper and are not aware of it.

What material is your sheets and as you are not near a wall, they could fall off.

Can you describe the bed eg: what does the base look like and what is it made of? 

I recently got a new bed frame, it’s a sleigh bed frame made of pine wood with a cherry finish, it has wooden slats. 

8 hours ago, freetoroam said:

I have asked the op some questions to try to establish why the sheets have come off, we know nothing about the bed frame or the sheet materials, but you still bring up entities.messing with people why they are asleep. Your bad advise does not help AT ALL. Talk about try to scare someone even more when they already freaking themselves! 

Its called dramatizing when there really is no need.

Around 12.59? How about around 1. 

I clearly stated “12:49 almost 1am” to add detail to make more sense of when this was happening, it’s not like the time really mattered as much, I’m just trying to paint the overall picture of the exact situation. 

3 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

I sometimes wonder just how responsible movies are for a great many unfounded paranormal fears. Blanket pulling ghosts are little more than horror movie cliches when you think about it. If ghosts were indeed real, why tug on a person's bedding? If they had the strength to pull a duvet off someone, why not do something more impressive instead? People should not be so impressionable. They scare themselves silly for no good reason whatsoever.

That is true, but I’ve had to deal with paranormal situations a few years back in my previous home, since moving I haven’t had any of those situations so, Being in my new home with strange occurrences makes me question things. 

Edited by freetoroam

4 hours ago, AlrightAlexis said:

That is true, but I’ve had to deal with paranormal situations a few years back in my previous home, since moving I haven’t had any of those situations so, Being in my new home with strange occurrences makes me question things. 

I'm not sure what kinds of situations you've had to deal with, but these seemingly paranormal events (especially if they occurred only in specific homes) may have had to do with specific environmental issues. A gas leak in your home, for example, can cause auditory hallucinations and even an unexplained feeling of dread. Toxic molds can also cause sever psychosis and hallucinations. So can fluctuations in the electromagnetic field.

Or perhaps, it's none of these things, but simply, as has already been suggested, sleep paralysis and the hypnogogic and hypnopompic hallucinations that accompany it. It might also be an overactive imagination, or the influence of superstitious beliefs.

Always, for your overall health and well being, look for the practical explanations first. The likelihood that's it's an actual paranormal event is slim to none.

https://www.nbcnews.com/healthmain/see-ghosts-there-may-be-medical-reason-1C9926902

14 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

And no one is a paranormal professional.

(Hi papa :st)

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Timothy said:

And no one is a paranormal professional.

(Hi papa :st)

I happen to believe parapsychologists, paranormal investigators, professional mediums can all be considered 'professional'.

9 hours ago, freetoroam said:

That was actually one of your better posts.  :D:P

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

That was actually one of your better posts.  :D:P

Not sure what happened there, i think i was trying to mirror the depth of your posts. :lol:

Anyway enough of that, i still expect a new years card off you, not a christmas one, new years only. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I happen to believe parapsychologists, paranormal investigators, professional mediums can all be considered 'professional'.

Where do you draw the line though? How do you classify a paranormal professional?

Do you have a fear of paranormal experiences? How much energy do you devote in thought towards the paranormal that could, in turn, bias your point of view?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoodReality said:

Do you have a fear of paranormal experiences? How much energy do you devote in thought towards the paranormal that could, in turn, bias your point of view?

It interests me actually, the paranormal has always been a thing for me, I always wanted to know more about it and want to understand it better being with some experiences I’ve had, but I hardly ever put my energy into it I’m always on the go with college I have little almost no time to think about the paranormal but I understand what you’re saying and that is a possibility. 

20 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

I'm not sure what kinds of situations you've had to deal with, but these seemingly paranormal events (especially if they occurred only in specific homes) may have had to do with specific environmental issues. A gas leak in your home, for example, can cause auditory hallucinations and even an unexplained feeling of dread. Toxic molds can also cause sever psychosis and hallucinations. So can fluctuations in the electromagnetic field.

Or perhaps, it's none of these things, but simply, as has already been suggested, sleep paralysis and the hypnogogic and hypnopompic hallucinations that accompany it. It might also be an overactive imagination, or the influence of superstitious beliefs.

Always, for your overall health and well being, look for the practical explanations first. The likelihood that's it's an actual paranormal event is slim to none.

https://www.nbcnews.com/healthmain/see-ghosts-there-may-be-medical-reason-1C9926902

These are true and opened my mind to more options it can be and it was that specific home I mean, I had decided to try ouija (honestly the dumbest decision considering the age I was at the time and I didn’t take it as seriously) and things began happening to me and my family even close relatives but I had heard these entities may follow you which concerned me but the sleep paralysis and hypnogogic hallucinations, I felt like I was wide awake and I was able to move fine and everything was clear, but maybe that was just part of the hallucination I was probably experiencing 

• Thanks 1

You can ask others opinions but you should go with your gut feeling on these things.Don't let others direct your mind either way.If you feel its paranormal and your not fearful or obsessed with it,it probably is.

Most things we see or feel that we coincider paranormal is just our own mind playing tricks on us but then again there is this very small procent that cant be explained. Maybe the ghost was freezing and wanted to borrow the blanket? ;-)

Edited by Avalanche