Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Blanket being pulled??

AlrightAlexis

On 22.10.2018 at 4:00 AM, AlrightAlexis said:

I clearly stated “12:49 almost 1am” to add detail to make more sense of when this was happening, it’s not like the time really mattered as much, I’m just trying to paint the overall picture of the exact situation. 

Thats the standard modus operandi for a lot of woo-woo stories. Adding as much trivialities as possible into the story as a try to give the story credibility (always fails). Well known by the UFO heads as well, examples: "...while I was walking the dog ..." or "...we were on the balcony for a zig and all of a sudden an orange light blahblahblah"

32 minutes ago, Avalanche said:

Maybe the ghost was freezing and wanted to borrow the blanket?

Some one will be along to issue a blanket denial of that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, AlrightAlexis said:

These are true and opened my mind to more options it can be and it was that specific home I mean, I had decided to try ouija (honestly the dumbest decision considering the age I was at the time and I didn’t take it as seriously) and things began happening to me and my family even close relatives but I had heard these entities may follow you which concerned me but the sleep paralysis and hypnogogic hallucinations, I felt like I was wide awake and I was able to move fine and everything was clear, but maybe that was just part of the hallucination I was probably experiencing 

Playing with the Ouija board was dumb only because you're so impressionable. They are not portals to the spiritual world and there is no way you can summon spirits, demons or any other entity with them. The only reason entities show up and appear to follow people around, is because the person imagines them, and then takes them everywhere they go.

As for the blanket incident, it may have been sleep paralysis (although it doesn't sound like it). A lucid dream perhaps? My best guess is you were in a state of brief wakefulness. I struggle with my bedding all the time and have had more than one battle with 'unseen forces.'  It's just the way I sleep. No ghosts, no demons, no goblins. Just me and the blanket.

So your story, quite frankly, doesn't smack of anything paranormal. Not even a little bit. I understand how certain experiences can be a little creepy, but you mustn't instantly jump to all the wrong conclusions.  I'm glad though that you are open to possibilities other than the paranormal, as that's a good first step in moving beyond unfounded fears.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I read your story and had to respond. 

I am an Empath and Medium. I have just recently begun to open up and I still get a little scared when things happen to me. 

I had a blanket tugged too. It didn’t scare me, but definitely startled me. I went to The East Coast to visit friends and was staying in their guest room. Earl that evening I had felt good spirit and decided to communicate using a piece of equipment that ghosts can use to form words. It turned out to be a beautiful experience. I was communicating with my friend’s dad and he was thrilled because I told him that I would share the information he gave me with his daughter. 

Later that same day, I shared the information like I promised to my friend and her daughter. As soon as I finished sharing the little information I received beautiful spirit surrounded me.and  I said “Do you feel anything?” Both of them said, “Yes! It’s a beautiful tingling feeling.” I replied “That’s your dad, grandpa and he loves you so much. He comes around often to visit and wants you to know it’s him and not to worry if you hear noises.” They both were so excited and shared how unexplainable sounds are heard.”

Thrn it was time to go to bed. I wasn’t drifting off to sleep, I was meditating when I felt three destinct tugs on my blankets. I was alone, no pets, etc. Rhe bed was against the wall. I felt three tugs that were about chest high and the blanket was being pulled towards the wall. It felt like someone was tugging with two fingers. Not a hard tug, just enough to rattle me. Three tugs in a row about two seconds apart definitely got my attention. I believe it was a “Thank you, you done good.” message from The Other Side.

I suggest you do a Saint Michael Prayer of Protection Prayer before you go to bed. Also, ask your Spirit Guide to protect you (they do anyways, but it’s a nice thing to do.) and, if you’re religious, read a passage of The Bible which talks about God’s love.

I think this will stop any more tugs. If not, you might need to sage your house. 

Good luck!

Edited by Avysmom

10 hours ago, Avysmom said:

I went to The East Coast to visit friends and was staying in their guest room. Earl that evening I had felt good spirit and decided to communicate using a piece of equipment that ghosts can use to form words. It turned out to be a beautiful experience. I was communicating with my friend’s dad and he was thrilled because I told him that I would share the information he gave me with his daughter. 

Later that same day, I shared the information like I promised to my friend and her daughter. As soon as I finished sharing the little information I received beautiful spirit surrounded me.and  I said “Do you feel anything?” Both of them said, “Yes! It’s a beautiful tingling feeling.” I replied “That’s your dad, grandpa and he loves you so much. He comes around often to visit and wants you to know it’s him and not to worry if you hear noises.” They both were so excited and shared how unexplainable sounds are heard.”

Please be careful telling people that the entity in their home is a deceased loved one. Too often if not always it's just something else trying to get a foot in the door.

I don't trust any spirit that was "contacted". Spirits either stick around or they don't. They don't leave then come back.

On 11.11.2018 at 6:17 PM, Avysmom said:

Hi, I read your story and had to respond.

Too late, OP got eaten by the blanket already. Horror!

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Update: I have had some strange things going on lately, very strange. I have this shoe rack and my shoes (keep in mind these are vans they have grip on the bottom of the shoe, they don’t slide on the rack) will randomly fall off... it’s always only one shoe and I checked the shoe rack numerous times and there is nothing wrong it is not slanted, nothing is loose or broken. sometimes I’ll just ignore it and not pick it up and an hour or two later another shoe will randomly fall and I’ll have put it back on the rack. I wake up randomly at night and right after I wake up, a shoe falls, This has happened for the past four to five days (me waking up for no reason then a shoe falls) Honestly, at first I was terrified and didn’t know what to do, but this keeps happening at random times...having my shoes falling and me waking up and they fall right after, going on for days straight I’m not afraid I’m just in need of answers I have looked for every logical explanation and it’s so hard 

Get a video camera, (or better still the camera on your Laptop, more memory) and leave it on pointing towards the area in question.

B)

• 1 month later...
On 1/1/2019 at 1:22 AM, tmcom said:

Get a video camera, (or better still the camera on your Laptop, more memory) and leave it on pointing towards the area in question.

B)

It’s been a few months now and I have taken that into consideration and been doing a few recordings because I was too scared myself to even find anything “odd” but Shoes (again) falling I also purchased a new shoe rack and the same things happen no matter which way I position the shoes, all of them just fall right off one by one or all at the same time. I’m going to sleep in fear, I don’t know what to do or how to react, I’ve already done so much.

2 hours ago, AlrightAlexis said:

It’s been a few months now and I have taken that into consideration and been doing a few recordings because I was too scared myself to even find anything “odd” but Shoes (again) falling I also purchased a new shoe rack and the same things happen no matter which way I position the shoes, all of them just fall right off one by one or all at the same time. I’m going to sleep in fear, I don’t know what to do or how to react, I’ve already done so much.

I was part of a Gnostic group some time ago, and they had a prayer that is supposed to rid your area of nasty spirits. So l would start there in researching this, and also look into new age groups in your area, they all tend to have protective angels or whatnot at each corner of the room, so they should be able to help you.

B)

On 23/10/2018 at 8:45 AM, toast said:

Thats the standard modus operandi for a lot of woo-woo stories. Adding as much trivialities as possible into the story as a try to give the story credibility (always fails). Well known by the UFO heads as well, examples: "...while I was walking the dog ..." or "...we were on the balcony for a zig and all of a sudden an orange light blahblahblah"

Detailed info is very important when describing any  incident it can establish whether there is a logical answer.

3 hours ago, John n b said:

Detailed info is very important when describing any  incident it can establish whether there is a logical answer.

Yeah, because the dog ("while I was walking the dog") is an important witness as well, in particular if the dog is a pilot-dog, a police officer-dog, a former NASA dog and/or a trustworthy dog in general.

2 hours ago, toast said:

Yeah, because the dog ("while I was walking the dog") is an important witness as well, in particular if the dog is a pilot-dog, a police officer-dog, a former NASA dog and/or a trustworthy dog in general.

Dogs can be a important part of a witnessess  statement, they tend to react to anything out of the ordinary.

• 3 months later...

YOU are NOT alone with the blanket pulling entity.  I've experienced this so many times since I was as young as 4 or 5 up until just a few days ago.

I am homeless and sleep in random places.  Just a few days ago, around 3am, I felt a tugging at my blanket.  The thing with this event was I was sleeping in a car at the truck stop.  Also, I was hiding under my blanket to keep warm and block the lights in the parking lot so I could sleep.  It felt like someone was trying to climb under the cover.

Other times, I was either on a bed or couch when this has happened.  One time in particular it felt like someone crawled into bed with me.  I instantly have an anxiety attack when this happens.

I have no clue why this happens.  I am a witch and do believe in demons, shadow people, ghosts, faeries, angels, aliens, etc...but I try to see things from a scientific point of view before claims of supernatural or paranormal.

My logical way of thinking points to sleep apnea.  And the oxygen levels are so low, I literally hallucinate these things.  I've had other witches tell me I'm being attacked in my sleep by psychic vampires.  I constantly suffer from nightmares and when I was little, I actually had night terrors.  My mind plays tricks on me and I have reoccurring nightmares or dreams about tornadoes and going to work (I am disabled and haven't worked since 1999.)  I used to be a Certified Nursing Assistant on the 11-7 shift for almost 10 years.  Long story short, when I dream of work, everything is exaggerated.  For example, I work at a huge hospital instead of a nursing home.  And while I drive to work, my headlights won't work and I end up crashing because the stretch of road I'm driving on is surrounded by the woods and there are zero lights along the way.  It's weird, let me tell you.  My tornado dreams are strange too.  I'll see multiple cyclones along the horizon of my town.  And I'm trying so hard to find a safe place to hide.  And my cats are hiding already and I can't find them and I panic.  Sometimes the tornado/tornadoes are controlled by the government.  Other times it's the end of the world scenario.  Most of the time I'm in the house I grew up in and there is no place to hide because the house is cluttered with antiques my father collected.  I've also had to hide in malls, other houses, schools, and hospitals.

Last year in October, our town had its first tornado pass through.  I had to hide in my upstairs apartment in the bathroom with my FOUR kitties.  I literally heard it going through town.  To me, it sounded like an off-balanced washing machine on spin cycle.  It scared me so bad.  I didn't know if my kitties and I were going to die or what!

The thing about my tornado dreams is I've had them almost all my life!  I'll be 47 this summer.

Same as the blanket pulling entity or crawling under my covers entity.

My mind has a wild imagination.  I'm actually a very creative writer.  I like to say I'm like Stephen King because he writes his novels based on dreams and nightmares.

I can't help but wonder why so many people have the same things happening to them that happen to me.

I guess I'll probably never find out.  

Maybe that's a good thing...

Edited by MadTeaParty1872
Word correction and wrong punctuation marks

• 2 months later...

This happens to me too , like around 1pm something is pulling my blankets and I have to pull them back and tell them to stop and it’s like they are enjoying that and laughing about it , it’s a game to them .