Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Monkeys stone man to death

Eldorado

10 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

It's not outside the realm of possibility. Habituated monkeys often copy human behavior. And monkeys love to throw things.

Got that...I've had dirt and poop thrown at me by a chimp at a zoo.  But when and where and how would a troupe of monkeys have seen humans carry bricks up into trees and kill someone with them?  Is there other documented evidence of monkeys taking rocks up into trees and killing an intruder in the same way?  I haven't heard of it.

Just now, joc said:

Got that...I've had dirt and poop thrown at me by a chimp at a zoo.  But when and where and how would a troupe of monkeys have seen humans carry bricks up into trees and kill someone with them?  Is there other documented evidence of monkeys taking rocks up into trees and killing an intruder in the same way?  I haven't heard of it.

Never said there is documented evidence of monkeys taking bricks into trees and throwing them at people. There is however, documented evidence of monkeys doing such things as washing potatoes, using specific rocks as hammers that they carry with them at all times, initiated wars with other troops of monkeys using rocks, among many many other instances.

All it takes is one monkey imitating the human that threw rocks at it, and  Then sharing that behavior, and suddenly you have a troop of rock throwing monkeys.

I'm sure there are many things that you have never heard of that are also true

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Never said there is documented evidence of monkeys taking bricks into trees and throwing them at people. There is however, documented evidence of monkeys doing such things as washing potatoes, using specific rocks as hammers that they carry with them at all times, initiated wars with other troops of monkeys using rocks, among many many other instances.

All it takes is one monkey imitating the human that threw rocks at it, and  Then sharing that behavior, and suddenly you have a troop of rock throwing monkeys.

I'm sure there are many things that you have never heard of that are also true

I am still not getting the connection between picking up bricks and carrying them into trees....I can understand how monkeys might carry rocks and throw them because they saw humans doing that.  What isn't carrying over though is that even one monkey had a cognitive thought to carry a brick into the trees and fling the brick from the trees and then they all picked up bricks into the trees and flung them...just doesn't seem to me to be a logical transfer of learned behaviour.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, joc said:

I am still not getting the connection between picking up bricks and carrying them into trees....I can understand how monkeys might carry rocks and throw them because they saw humans doing that.  What isn't carrying over though is that even one monkey had a cognitive thought to carry a brick into the trees and fling the brick from the trees and then they all picked up bricks into the trees and flung them...just doesn't seem to me to be a logical transfer of learned behaviour.

Like I said, I agree with you that the story is suspect. However, having not been there to observe the troop in question, I can't answer that question for you.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, joc said:

It's also something to keep in mind, is that there is often seen a large intelligence gap between individual  Monkeys even within the same troop.Some are incredibly smart and display incredibly intricate behaviors, while others are just stupid.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Like I said, I agree with you that the story is suspect. However, having not been there to observe the troop in question, I can't answer that question for you.

Just guessing from your avatar and quotes that you have a unique affiliation to our primate cuzzes.

On 10/21/2018 at 11:05 AM, lightly said:

Why in the world would they have bricks in the treetops ?   Sound like Pre-meditated murder !    Weird.

They were caught building a secret tree fort?

10 minutes ago, joc said:

Just guessing from your avatar and quotes that you have a unique affiliation to our primate cuzzes.

I have a degree in anthropological sciences specializing in primatology. There aren't many times when I can say that I do, in fact, know what I'm talking about.

• Like 1

About time, the monkeys fought back !! Look out, the next thing you see, is the Status of liberty being bured....

4 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

That’s why we are driving Teslas and going to space while they are still flinging poop lol 

Give it another 500 hundred years or so, my bets are on the monkeys still flinging poop, as for humans ... well ...

~

• Like 1