Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Wild West whistling

ImScared

This has happened since I was a child and it's still happening. So some days at noon or early afternoon I would hear a whistle which sounds like it was from the Wild West for some reason. It follows me everywhere I go and others don't seem to hear it. What does this mean?

• Like 1

It is called tinnitus:

Tinnitus (pronounced ti-ni-tis), orringing in the ears, is the sensation of hearing ringing, buzzing, hissing, chirping,whistling, or other sounds. The noise can be intermittent or continuous, and can vary in loudness

https://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/understanding-tinnitus-basics

My father had it and it can be quite distressing. You need to go to your doctors.

Not sure what you mean by the wild west? But obviously you have heard them whistling in some western film or programme, had you never heard any, the tinnitus would still be there, so there is no connection, it is your mind making a comparison to a sound which is similar.

Again:

Tinnitus.

• Like 2

Just now, SecretSanta said:

Could you explain what you mean by “wild west”? 

I think the OP is referring to the stereotypical "Wild West" stock sound effect based on the opening theme of The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Carnoferox said:

I think the OP is referring to the stereotypical "Wild West" stock sound effect based on the opening theme of The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

That’s what I though but wanted to make sure. 

• Like 1

Yep one infamous now FAMOUS! rough tough show 200w.gif?cid=3640f6095bccdd1337734c394db

Symptoms eh!?!?!?!
This is what happens when you talk too much,
you get that ringing
in your ears.
TINNITUS

YIKES !

A bit of a hyperboleEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !

Edited by MWoo7
typo corrected, one ! not , on
  • Haha 1

It was definitely not tinnitus, it had a tune to it and lasted a few seconds it sounded like the wind was whistling to me. It also sounded like an echo like it was whistled from a canyon and got to me.

Edited by ImScared

Obviously a spaghetti western ghost is calling you out to a gun fight at high noon. Go to a gun range at noon and do some shooting, maybe that will appease it.

Edited by moonman

@Timothy The whistling could be considered a little higher pitched than the Clint Eastwood theme and it sounds a little bit stretched but the weird thing is that it only happens at noon for some reason. I'll try to make it when I hear it again.

Happens every day or just randomly? Are you inside or outside? Where do you live? Any factories that could have a whistle? Train tracks?