Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
BurnSide

Tales of the Unexplained

36 posts in this topic

warden

False........the people done some research and found out about the indian site and decided to do it them selfs and blame it on the old history

good story never the less

warden

In 1981 a group of boys and girls who were taught at a roman catholic school had the chance to go to Rome on a school holiday to experience a once in a life time experience

Half of my class went who could afford it(not me)

They said that when they got there all the boys and girls were separated incase of hanky panky and were shown to their dorms.

As the boys got to know each other they decided to have a wee bit of fun ,they were going to invite some girls to their dorm that night and get out the ouija board and try to scare the girls.

That night about 10 girls from the next dorb arrived and the boys explained that they were going to try and contact the dead,the girls seemed to think it was a great idea and were all for it,As there were to many of them 4 of the boys and 4 of the girls started it of as the rest sat on the end of the beds.As they were half way through the so called game there was a knock at the dorm door,they were in a panic as they thought it was a teacher,one of the boys went to answer it while all the girls hid under the beds,the boy tried the handle but could not open the door,the lock was in the inside so could not be locked from the inside,he thought one of the girls was having a laugh so left it at that.

When they got back to the game they were to scared to summon one of their own dead relatives so decided to summon a dead pope,as they were going to pack in after 20 mins as nothing seemed to be happening the building started to shake violently,one of my friends said `they all thought they were going to die` so he made a run fro the door and tried the handle.as he grabbed it he said he thought he had got an electric shock as he landed about 10 feet back on his **** with a horrendous pain in his hand,when his friends picked him up they were all looking ay his hand,to his horror he had his palm burned to bits.They all ran for the door some crying some screaming like little babies,my friend said he was that scared he tried the door handle again but this time it opened and standing out side were the rest of the kids and teachers from the other dorms who had been standing out side watching for 20 mins their dorm shake like mad.One of the teachers had been trying to open the door from the out side for the whole 20 mins and nothing happened to his hand,they cut short their trip to Rome and came home the next day as all the kids from the school were to scared to stay another night

Swamp_Donkey

Has anyone heard of the Chupacabra?

Lots of reports have come from many places around the world since initial descriptions in 1995 of a mysterious creature ravaging the countryside on the island of Puerto Rico, killing small animals and making local rural dwellers and farmers uneasy.

Almost all of the accounts about the chupacabra have come either through the variety of specialty programs on cable television dealing with the paranormal and a few local radio and newspaper reports, or through the internet.

One fact seems consistent; the creature strikes at night and has a thirst for blood. Initially the creature was known for stalking small animals, namely goats, on farms in Puerto Rico, hence the name chupacabra, which, in Spanish, means "goat sucker."

The earliest accounts of the recent outbreak, which apparently began in 1995, included details of attacks where goats were found dead, with their blood drained, apparently through peculiar puncture wounds on their necks. There have been some reports of particular organs missing from some of the victim's bodies, without any visible way for those organs to have been removed. Since initial attacks owners of animals say hundreds of chickens, rabbits, sheep, cats and dogs, and even larger animals including pigs and cattle have died in a similar manner, even when "secured" inside locked cages that seemed undisturbed. Sightings have increased with the passing months, fueling paranoia and fear.

"The chupacabra stands about four or five feet tall, is grayish in color with skin like that of a reptile, and spikes from the top of its head down its back, although there is no tail. It has a web-like film hanging beneath short pudgy forelegs, or arms, that end in claws, and large powerful hind legs. Ugly as a demon, it has huge bright red eyes the size of hens eggs, long fangs, and an odd long slimy pointy tongue which continually glides in and out of its mouth." This thing exhibits intelligent behavior and possesses the ability to evade detection and capture at will.

Creepy huh?

Feenix Fire

Yup, I've heard about it. I'd like it to be real as it would be cool to have a cryptid around here but I'm not so sure I believe it.

darkninja
False........the people done some research and found out about the indian site and decided to do it them selfs and blame it on the old history

good story never the less

571792[/snapback]

Actually, it is true...

darkninja

wait, no i meant that i totally made it up in like five minutes...

Hellights-Heavenlights

I'll give you a true story:

A family lived happily until a white bird come along."The Bird!" shouts a family member. The whole family stops. suddenly the family member who shouted fell dead. Turns out there was gangsters on the run and shot randomly. One bullet fell upon the family member.

This bird is the bird that means that death will happen.

Generations later, let's call this girl Eliza, was to choose between 2 suitors. She finally choosed the rich one. One her wedding day her pops saw a white bird over her head. eliza didn't noticed, no one else did too. It seems she choose the right one for life but the wong one for protection. The suitor that did not got choosen, shot her right in the chapel! Then shot him self.

2 generations later, a woman went to see her mother . Main;y because her mom was sick. When she left the building she saw a white bird flying at the window. She knew her mom was going to die. Guess what ? The mom died.

Later while driving home crying, the lady failed to notice a white bird flying behind. Just a few minutes later the bird disappeared. And the lady got a car crash seconds later. spooky

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Decide if it's totally true or totally trash.

BurnSide

Hellights-Heavenlights, merged your topic with the Fact or Fiction stories topic. thumbsup.gif

_Nyx_

Bessie is the name given to a monstrous serpent said to swim in the waters off northern Ohio, Lake Erie to be exact. The beast has been sighted over 25 times since 1985 and is described as 35-100 feet long, with a tubular body and a long neck (guess that's why they say it's a serpent) It's weight has been estimated at 200 tons. The dark green creature is said to smell like putrefied garbage. In August 1992, Bessie was blamed for attacking a sailboat and killing 3 people. Survivors Matty Jentol and Allison Sullivan said the monster's head was as big as a car. A $102,000 reward has been offered for the humane capture of the beast.

Many of the sightings have taken place near Maumee Bay, at the lakeside community of Huron, and off Cedar Point near Sandusky.

*taken from the book Haunted Places by Dennis William Hauck.

virul

hey there,

i went to all the trouble of signing up just to say that first story 'ship of the dead' its lifted nearly word for word from max brooks 'the zombie survival guide', page 207 to be exact, and is pure fiction. forum rule #1 "Do: Always include a source link to properly credit where the story is from. Not doing so constitutes plagiarism." tut tut tut.

Anyway since i'm here how would you like a good ghost story.

Firstly i just want to say i dont believe in ghosts, not in the 'spirits of the dead' sence anyway, but this one always peaked my intrest. A little baground information first. The story was told to me by my ma who i always considered overly superstitious at the best of times, and takes place in an area called The Baskin Road just of the the malahide road about 3 miles south of malahide in north county dublin ireland, this is where my ma grew up, and it takes place about 40 years ago when my my folks were dating. Back then it was relativly out of the way place and it has plenty of ghost stories connected to it. anyway the story goes liek this.....

my parents were walking towards my mas house from the main road one evening when they saw what she descibed as a '3 dimentional black shadow of a dog' about 3 feet long by 2 feet high, with no features or tail maybe 20 or so yards ahead of them on teh footpath. They both stopped in their tracks and the apparition approached them silently untill it vanished when it reached their feet. the two of them then continued to mas house in silence, as apprently this is the thing to do when you see a ghost. as i said my ma is pretty superstitios, she wasnt scared of teh apparition but was fascinated by it and when they got to the house she immidatly asked my dad if he had seen the same thing. He had, however from his point of view the aparition grew in size with every step towards them untill, by the time it reached them it was as tall as he was and for lack of a better term it scared the bejesus out of him.

i always quited liked this story but didnt exactyly beieve it, so one day i decided to confirm it with my dad, who is not at all superstitious. i casually asked him one day 'dad have you ever seen a ghost and hes reactioan rather suppised me, the colour drained from his faces for a mment he looked terrified and simply said "NO! ask your mother"

an intersting footnote, some years later i was readin a short book on famous irish ghosts, and although i had never heard of it before apparently this form of dog specter is quite common in ireland including reports of changing size and sometimes sounds associated with it.

the ghost is said to stem from an old (i'm not sure how old) custom of killing a guard dog and burying in the cornor of a new cemetary to guard the souls of the people who will be buried there. to the best of my knowledge there was no cemetary anywhere near the baskin but after reading this book i asked my ma 'is there a cemetary near the baskin road' she thought for a moment and said 'yes but its very very old and hasnt been used in a long time'

so there you have it, i like this story cos two people saw the ghost, my mas description matches exactly other peoples accounts of this ghost from all over the country without her ever knowing it was a common ghost untill i told her and also because it had such an obvious effect on my dad even decades later.

kelunexplained

^ Strange :unsure:

On July 28th, 1900, King Umberto I of Italy and his aide-de-camp Gen. Emilio Ponzio-Vaglia arrived in the town of Monza, a few miles outside of Milan. The next day the king was to give prizes at a meet. He and his aide went to a small restaurant for dinner. As the owner was taking their order, the king noticed that he and the padrone were virtually doubles, in both face and build. He remarked on this, and as the two men talked an extraordinary series of parallels emerged which caused both of them to marvel.

They were both born on the same day of the same year, March 14, 1844, and in the same town, and each was named Umberto. They had both been married on April 22, 1868, each to a woman called Margherita. Each had named his son Vittorio. And on the day of Umberto's coronation, the other Umberto opened his restaurant.

The king was staggered by these coincidences, and asked the owner how they never crossed paths before? In fact, Umberto told him, they had been decorated for bravery together on two occasions, the first time in 1866, when Umberto had been a private and the king a colonel, and the second time in 1870, when each had been promoted, to sergeant and corps commander. With this final revelation the padrone returned to his duties, and the king turning to his aide, said, "I intend to make that man a Cavaliere of the Crown of Italy tomorrow. Be sure he comes to the meet."

The following day, true to his word, the king asked for his double, only to be told the man had died that day in a shooting accident. Shocked, the king asked his aide to find out when the funeral was to take place so that he might attend. At that very moment three shots rang out, fired by an assassin. The first of them missed the king, but the second two pierced his heart and killed him instantly.

Taken from Mystery's of The Unexplained, don't know how true it is, but crazy story :wacko:

Edited by kelunexplained