Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

COINCIDENCES from 1998 to date

Carlos Allende

Off topic...

15 hours ago, Meridian O said:

Oh no that reminds me...I'll be visiting Brisbane next week...Drats! :(

That is an *extraordinary* and unexplainable coincidence. :o  Even apart from me being thereabouts, I can understand your sadness......  I'd suggest you skip Brisbane proper, and instead visit:
1. Clontarf/Redcliffe (N - longish drive)
2. Wynnum/Manly (E - shortish drive)
3. Tamborine Mountain (S - longish drive)
3. Tallabudgera/Burleigh (S - longer drive)
4. Coolangatta (S - longer drive)
5. Tweed / Fingal Head (S and over the border) - even longer drive)

This tourist info has been brought to you at no cost, and should be worth every penny!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Stayed at the Sheraton hotel when in Brisbane recently...Had been for a walk about around the shops and on returning to the hotel I noticed a young couple (holding covered garments) waiting beside the lift which needs a card key for use. The man coyly asked, Your not going to level 22 by any chance are you? As it happened I was hence! The lucky couple got to deliver their clothes for whomever...:P :D

5 hours ago, Meridian O said:

Stayed at the Sheraton hotel when in Brisbane recently...Had been for a walk about around the shops and on returning to the hotel I noticed a young couple (holding covered garments) waiting beside the lift which needs a card key for use. The man coyly asked, Your not going to level 22 by any chance are you? As it happened I was hence! The lucky couple got to deliver their clothes for whomever...:P :D

Actually, I stay at the Sheraton frequently, and when they are 'off-peak' they get their guests to stay on 22 and a few other floors, to ease the load on cleaning staff, lighting, air-con, etc..       ...  umm ...   Well, OK, I just made that up, but something like that could be true - plus that couple had probably been waiting for 25 minutes and tried 18 other lift goers before you came along... :D

My point?  Is just that life (and how our brains make sense of it) is really, really complicated, and there are lots of issues that you might not think about, when deciding if something really is beyond coincidence..

Here is one for ya. I posted this a while back.

So check this out, I have a cousin who is much younger then me. Mid 20's. He was dating this girl for a while. They almost got married, but it ended up not working out. Me and my wife only met her a couple times at family functions. Her and my wife kinda hit it off the couple times we saw her, and my wife considered her a friend.

So like a week after they broke up, my wife mentioned to me that she happened to see her out at an IHOP. So I ask my wife how she was doing, and she told me that it was kinda awkward, so she didn't talk with her. This all happened like a year ago. Neither me nor my wife has seen or heard from her since. In fact, the whole thing was so insignificant to me that it wouldn't be worth mentioning at all, if not for todays events.

So today, about an hour ago in fact, I'm driving around doing work related tasks when I get super hungry. I knew I wasn't far from this little pizza place I stop in from time to time, so I decided to go there. I'm about one mile from the parking lot of the pizza place, when for what ever reason I suddenly recall my wife seeing this girl at IHOP, a year ago (at least). I even think to myself, how strange it was that that had popped into my head. I've never once thought about it or her after the day my wife told me she saw her.  

By now I'm in the parking lot, walking into the pizza place when I'll be damned there she is waiting in line picking up a pie. SMH I just don't know what to make of it. If this had been the only thing, I would have just called it a crazy coincidence. But this is happening to me all the time now. 

Just to add, I have never once seen this girl in my local area.

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 3

On ‎13‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 3:37 PM, ChrLzs said:

Actually, I stay at the Sheraton frequently, and when they are 'off-peak' they get their guests to stay on 22 and a few other floors, to ease the load on cleaning staff, lighting, air-con, etc..       ...  umm ...   Well, OK, I just made that up, but something like that could be true - plus that couple had probably been waiting for 25 minutes and tried 18 other lift goers before you came along... :D

My point?  Is just that life (and how our brains make sense of it) is really, really complicated, and there are lots of issues that you might not think about, when deciding if something really is beyond coincidence..

LOL! Na! I'm happy to continue observing those unexpected moments which make life more interesting in a magical kind of way...:rolleyes: 

• 1 year later...
On 10/31/2018 at 12:33 AM, Carlos Allende said:

Well, I should first that I don't expect anyone to be impressed too much by the radio stuff. But the 'Black Hole' incident, the 'Sounds of the Universe' incident, and now the DeLorean thing ...they seem not only to be massive leaps in probability (I _CAN'T_ do the maths, I tried calling up Hawkings' ghost to do the calculations, but he's not even bothered), but they also suggest things happening on a massive, post-human scale, the universe itself, time-travel, civilization and society being bunkum (if you haven't read 'Black Hole' by Charles Burns, I recommend it: it's the ultimate 'loner' novel on a par with Catcher in the Rye, Hangover Square and Nausea).

Therefore the purpose of these coincidences are one thing and one thing only, to prove once and for all

THAT I AM GOD.

I'm joking*

My opinion is that there's a correlation between the microcosmic and the macrocosmic in the 'spooky action at a distance' of quantum physics, the firing of our synapses, etc. I wouldn't be so flashy as to suggest there's a solipsistic element to the emerging idea of quantum holography and the nature of reality, but ...yeah. Weighed in the balance as all things must be, it's summit to think about innit.

*(or am I?)

Hi Carlos, so here's what happened today, almost two years after your initial post.

Owing to a string of intense coincidences (in the past two days), I decided to 'search' here on UM topics on time travel. Wasn't expecting a thread on coincidences, but I was glad I found it.

I've had coincidences in the past but I always took them as 'chance' events that take place in a chaotic universe, that there was never nothing more to it. Always believed they weren't signs of any kind. But the past two days compelled me to look into it, I was hoping for signs. 

Then this morning here on UM before landing on this thread, I was on another thread where I found a comment from this profile called 'Solipsi_Rai'. And I don't know why it felt somewhat 'familiar' and I thought to myself it's probably just get last name and I'm thinking she's probably Indian too. Then continuing to read, i find this thread and I find this comment by you using the word "SOLIPSISTIC". It was a word I never knew the meaning of, before and I'd just come across it twice already. Also just two minutes later  Just when I think of looking up the meaning, I get a text from my girl and she sends me this image called from some other website. Check out the images, I'm attaching them both. 

What had kick started it in me, was an accidental death of my dearest dog 2 days ago and I haven't been able to accept it. But yeah this opens up a lot in me.

IMG-20200627-WA0001.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Sorry about your dog.

See what I mean about there being certain coincidences that are just _loaded_ with meaning. I've always liked the idea of solipsism, partly because it's nice to have something else to blame besides God, something which is more elegant and resource-effective than evolution or society -- and partly because there's nothing to stop anyone cherry-picking the best elements of solipsism (these sense of philosophical empowerment, the sense of cosmic intimacy) and then just applying it to regular religion or theoretical physics. Anything goes, isn't it?

• Thanks 1

On 6/27/2020 at 12:09 PM, Carlos Allende said:

Sorry about your dog.

See what I mean about there being certain coincidences that are just _loaded_ with meaning. I've always liked the idea of solipsism, partly because it's nice to have something else to blame besides God, something which is more elegant and resource-effective than evolution or society -- and partly because there's nothing to stop anyone cherry-picking the best elements of solipsism (these sense of philosophical empowerment, the sense of cosmic intimacy) and then just applying it to regular religion or theoretical physics. Anything goes, isn't it?

Absolutely :)

• Like 1

Hi Carlos Allende

Nice ro read about coincidences. 

My life is full of them, I am just going to give one of them here. 

I was wondering why I regularly got a special number, not on the clock, but it appeard in different places, in very nice coincidence situations. In the telephone number of my husband when we met, on his kee to his home and so on.it was every time like a "sender". 

My doctor proposed my cesarean (I got twins) a date, and that was my special number. 

Anyway, I was wondering what about this number, and at that time, year 2000, I found a site in internet where I asked that owner ot the website. 

I was 100% anonymous to this person. He said I should ask U_i. G_ller. Wich I did. I wrote this U.G about a very special thing that happened to me. And I ordered a book from him, the name of the book is LIFE SiGNS. I was not too impressed about this book, but, UG has drawn a nice picture in this book. This picture he did, shows a person from where I have Ancestors. These people wears a lot of decorations on their heads etc. There is no way that he would have found out that I have ancestors just from those people. I don't even tell people about it, even if people can see it on my mother. 

That was for me, a very great coincidence. 

Edited by Pink sand
Grammatic
  • Like 1

I once read a book on the topic of ‘Coincidences’; according to it’s author engaging in transcendental meditation for an hour daily helps to tune us into the Universe; this then leads to us noticing ‘coincidences’, and more of them start happening. These coincidences are allegedly messages to us from the source, Universe, god.