Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

One God - Three Religions

zep73

On 12/7/2018 at 5:19 PM, Razumov said:

The Christians have been arguing about exactly what God is for 2,000 years and "The Sun" isn't one of the options.

Yup. Ancient Egyptians worshiped Ra not the sun. Riding the sun was one of Ra's attributes. Same with Mithra. They're mystery religions. The hidden meaning behind the sun's what made them religions mystery. Many memes are counterproductive and the example's one of 'em.

9 hours ago, intoyoulikeatrain said:

Yup. Ancient Egyptians worshiped Ra not the sun. Riding the sun was one of Ra's attributes. Same with Mithra. They're mystery religions. The hidden meaning behind the sun's what made them religions mystery. Many memes are counterproductive and the example's one of 'em.

That reminds me of Stargate where the ancient texts describe the alien visitor as Ra the sun god. Loved that movie, still one of my favorites.

• Like 1

On 20/12/2018 at 9:29 AM, NightScreams said:

That reminds me of Stargate where the ancient texts describe the alien visitor as Ra the sun god. Loved that movie, still one of my favorites.

Well, technically the ancient visitor ALSO described himself as Ra, the Sun God.

On 12/19/2018 at 6:37 AM, intoyoulikeatrain said:

Yup. Ancient Egyptians worshiped Ra not the sun. Riding the sun was one of Ra's attributes. Same with Mithra. They're mystery religions. The hidden meaning behind the sun's what made them religions mystery.

It's not hidden, it's astrology.

27bjil.jpg

Edited by GoldenWolf

• 11 months later...
On 10/23/2018 at 5:56 PM, sci-nerd said:

Judaism, christianity and islam all share the same God, but they differ in age.

Judaism is 3,000 years old
Christianity is 2,000 years old
Islam is 1,400 years old

So the question is: Is newer better? Or is older better?
Did God make mistakes that he had to correct, or are the never versions human alterations?

As I understand this God, he's perfect, error-free and makes no mistakes, but according to christianity and islam he did. Or what?

Please help this poor lost soul understand!

Dear sci-nerd,

Your question about the Abrahamic religions deserves a more serious answer than the frivolous fictions you've been listening to.

Though his real background and former relationships on Earth are not revealed in Constantine's bible, in order to conceal his criminality, the long-lived entity Yahweh Jehovah, the so called storm god of vengeance, came from the Annunaki colonies of Sumer, where he made war against his own family and people after he was disinherited for his insanely violent behaviour. His extremes of destructive violence have caused his spiritual energies [vibrations] to degenerate to the lowest order, and he now operates in the darkness of the lowest levels of delusions, distortions, and lies.

When the Annunaki colonists created human slave workers out of the local biped by manipulating the human genome, they dumbed us down to make us easier to control. The Annunaki were interdimensional slavers, who maintained spiritual dominance over their slaves through the pineal gland transducer that allows them to monitor [listen in] and interfere with human thinking [hello Bob?], feelings, and actions. We are not alone in our heads.

Yahweh is the top spiritual predator in a hierarchy of spiritual parasites that feed mostly on our negative human energy. Apparently there are other spiritual parasites that can harvest our good feeling energies when we experience great joy.  

His agenda on Earth was to build his own empire of human suffering, a farm to feed his life sucking minions. His "love" for humanity is the same as a farmer's love for his livestock, and his hate for humanity is manifest in many holocausts from Jericho [1450 BCE], to Europe [1945 CE]. Holocausts became Yahweh's signature of vengeance. 

Each of Yahweh's religions were launched in the same area of the Middle East to maintain control over that real estate for unknown reasons. This land became cursed with human blood spilled in anger, and generation after generation of Jews, Christians, and Muslims were forced to slaughter each other for Yahweh's pleasure. Rivers of blood flowed through the streets of Jerusalem, as Yahweh's parasitic hierarchy circled overhead to harvest human energy. These lands were made unholy, indeed cursed because of Yahweh's blood lust. 

Centralized religions like are not really spiritual ascension processes, but ways of controlling the process. Religions constructed with laws [commandments] and consequences [spiritual cannibalism, pain of hell, eternal damnation, soul loss,etc..] are really forms of governance, spiriutal control over the faithful, and not paths to spiritual ascension.

As for Christianity, we know that all of today's Christians are not Jesus Christians, but Constantine Christians. You see, back in 325 CE, the most powerful terrorist on the planet, Roman Emperor Constantine hijacked and reinvented the Jesus message, [which was in fact a shamanic practice], and made it into the most violent and criminal organization to have infected the planet. Constantine perfected colonial terrorism with Roman Catholicism, a religion that destroyed the lives of billions of humans, first in Europe, and then the New World, as they spiritually enslaved the indigenous world for their wealth. The fruits of Christianity are spiritual enslavement and death, take your pick. 

Nothing good ever came out of Christianity because nothing good is ever born out of evil.

• Haha 2

That's excellent fiction, @Chickadee1948, you should write a novel.
You could pull a "Dan Brown" and claim it's based on real events! :tu:

Edited by sci-nerd

When I sort evidence, I disregard anecdotal stories and cultural narratives that are mostly fiction like the bible, written to confuse humans and promote a particular power structure that is overwhelmingly criminal. I prefer historic records rather than hearsay.

I always ask Christians one question about their "fake god", and invariably they are always at a loss to answer: The question probes the contents of Yahweh's allegedly divine heart..."Can you give me just one example of Yahweh's love for humanity.?" This question always causes Yahweh's house of lies and deceptions to crash and burn when exposed to historic facts.

On 10/24/2018 at 9:28 AM, danydandan said:

But you agree that the formation of a Religion had nothing to do with modern democracy. It was the Greeks(500 odd years before Jesus) and refined by the Romans. Then boom!

The Greeks, the Romans, and then Christ.

English Common Law, and therefore the US Constitution are very much based around Christs teachings, especially, "Love thy neighbour as thy-self".

English Common Law can be boiled down to, do no harm to a person, nor their property, and that everyone is equal under the law.

If democracy is mob rule, then justice and the rule of law, (as we know it to-day) are Christs laws.

• Haha 1

On 10/23/2018 at 10:56 PM, sci-nerd said:

Islam is 1,400 years old

Did God make mistakes that he had to correct, or are the never versions human alterations?

As I understand this God, he's perfect, error-free and makes no mistakes, but according to christianity and islam he did. Or what?

I think the question is slightly ridiculous.

Its not so black and white. There are good and bad things in religion, and all people too.

My 2 cents are. As the human hearts and minds expanded throughout our known history, so our ability to grasp what God might be has grown too.

This idea of the truth once revealed, doesn't hold any water for me. Even the Buddha said that His Dharma would change in time - everything changes.

2 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

The Greeks, the Romans, and then Christ.

English Common Law, and therefore the US Constitution are very much based around Christs teachings, especially, "Love thy neighbour as thy-self".

English Common Law can be boiled down to, do no harm to a person, nor their property, and that everyone is equal under the law.

If democracy is mob rule, then justice and the rule of law, (as we know it to-day) are Christs laws.

No they aren't based around what a civil revolutionary said two thousand years ago. 

Modern democratic states are effectively superceded version of what the Mesopotamians, Greeks and Romans had in place. Obviously Rome became a monarchy and the Greek states never really amounted to anything. All of what you might consider as Jesus's teachings (which you seem to think are supposed to be democratic even though the guy clearly teaches a monarchical philosophy) can be found in India, which had a version of Democracy, Solon's philosophical writing, Cleisthenes and Pericles then Socrates, Plato and Aristotle...... You may also want to have a look at English Common Law? Because it's a Monarchy.

Native Americans had similar teachings and simplified democratic structures in place. Again nothing to do a commonly thought point of view that Jesus was apparently teaching. I could go on and on but you probably get my point. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/23/2018 at 10:56 PM, sci-nerd said:

Islam is 1,400 years old

Jews gave us the Old Testament, Christians added the New Testament, and Muslims added the Quran. There are also more than 3 Abrahamic religions, you forgot the Bahai faith.

1 minute ago, danydandan said:

No they aren't based around what a civil revolutionary said two thousand years ago. 

Modern democratic states are effectively superceded version of what the Mesopotamians, Greeks and Romans had in place. Obviously Rome became a monarchy and the Greek states never really amounted to anything. All of what you might consider as Jesus's teachings (which you seem to think are supposed to be democratic even though the guy clearly teaches a monarchical philosophy) can be found in India, which had a version of Democracy, Solon's philosophical writing, Cleisthenes and Pericles then Socrates, Plato and Aristotle...... You may also want to have a look at English Common Law? Because it's a Monarchy.

Native Americans had similar teachings and simplified democratic structures in place. Again nothing to do a commonly thought point of view that Jesus was apparently teaching. I could go on and on but you probably get my point. 

Magna Carter and English Common Law states that everyone, king or pauper, are equal under the law.

To do no harm to person or their property, ie, to love other, is the central tenant of Christ.

The fact that these ideas were also found in India and elsewhere is neither here nor there, it was Christian missionaries that made it to Britain not Buddhist or Hindu monks.

11 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Magna Carter and English Common Law states that everyone, king or pauper, are equal under the law.

To do no harm to person or their property, ie, to love other, is the central tenant of Christ.

The fact that these ideas were also found in India and elsewhere is neither here nor there, it was Christian missionaries that made it to Britain not Buddhist or Hindu monks.

That's simply not true, The King/Queen have immunity and are simply not treated the same as 'common folk' in the UK. Look for a case involving King Something from 1911 as a prime example.

To do no harm, well it's part of nearly ever civilisation before and after Jesus was teaching. For example The Hippocratic Oath. 

Actually the Romans made it to England well before Jesus's teaching were being thought in Europe so all the philosophical teaching were available before the spread of Christianity.

But I'm not doubting the impact of The Bible has had on social and political cultures all around the Earth. Every society including ancient Celtic, Viking, Norman, Germanic etcetera all have laws regarding its wrong to steal or it's wrong to kill. It's not like they all had epiphanies once some dude in a monks habit told them what some dude thousands of miles away a number of hundred years ago said. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, danydandan said:

That's simply not true, The King/Queen have immunity and are simply not treated the same as 'common folk' in the UK. Look for a case involving King Something from 1911 as a prime example.

To do no harm, well it's part of nearly ever civilisation before and after Jesus was teaching. For example The Hippocratic Oath. 

Actually the Romans made it to England well before Jesus's teaching were being thought in Europe so all the philosophical teaching were available before the spread of Christianity.

But I'm not doubting the impact of The Bible has had on social and political cultures all around the Earth. Every society including ancient Celtic, Viking, Norman, Germanic etcetera all have laws regarding its wrong to steal or it's wrong to kill. It's not like they all had epiphanies once some dude in a monks habit told them what some dude thousands of miles away a number of hundred years ago said. 

You are right in a sense, the Royals are treated differently, but on paper at least, we are all equal under the law.

Look at this thing with Prince Andrew. Wanted for questioning by the FBI, with possible charges. Highly unlikely but...

Before Magna Carter, the King had absolute authority. Today, the Queen and all the Royals must obey the law.

7 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

You are right in a sense, the Royals are treated differently, but on paper at least, we are all equal under the law.

Look at this thing with Prince Andrew. Wanted for questioning by the FBI, with possible charges. Highly unlikely but...

Before Magna Carter, the King had absolute authority. Today, the Queen and all the Royals must obey the law.

The Queen/ King can't be arrested..... I assume you are English and I am amazed you don't know this. 

As the Queen is the head of state she's can't prosecute herself. As all cases of criminal justice in England are "The Queen/King verses" whomever.

On 10/24/2018 at 9:15 AM, XenoFish said:

All of them are terrible. Islam can't get out of it's terrible 2's and Christianity is a moody know it all teenager.

And Judaism is the grumpy stuck-in-his-ways, won't-ever-understand-technology Boomer.

On 10/23/2018 at 2:56 PM, sci-nerd said:

Islam is 1,400 years old

None of it is any good in this humble man’s opinion.  FWIW.

• Like 1

To be fair, I won't comment on Islam because I don't know enough about it and the snippets of information I get are based on either word of mouth or the media - both which are completely biased sources and would be an unfair way to construct an opinion.

However, I have a fair idea what Jews and Christians believe.

Jews are relying on OT God and don't believe that Jesus was his son. The New Testament means nothing to them. They're still waiting on their Messiah, deliverance from their enemies and Zion. Their God is the ***hole of the first half of the Bible who punished them for everything, loved his blood sacrifices and allowed them to wage wars with anyone who stood in their way - so long as he gave them the thumbs up. He controls them. There's not really a huge sense of forgiveness. You've just got to do your best to follow all the rules and stay completely loyal.

Christians were meant to have that combo of NT and OT but in recent years, most Christians would really rather interpret the Bible rather than believe it verbatim. Sins aren't really sins anymore because you've got to look at the historical context, most everything is actually a metaphor to be understood rather than believed and followed and you're basically allowed to create a sort of mural, knocking out the things you don't agree with and just rearranging the pieces in a way that suits you and looks like a religion. So long as you believe Jesus is the Son of God, anything goes. It all depends on the way you interpret the scriptures.Taking the Bible literally is just a bit too rigid and constricting - we want to allow anybody in so we'll just pretend like the Bible doesn't really mean what it says. It's an allegory for a general way to live your life.

Therefore, it's fine to be a Christian and a homosexual at the same time, even though the Bible says it's not. And all past sins are completely forgivable (except for denying the existence and realness of God). And even though it's mentioned in the New Testament, women don't really have to cover their heads in church. And it's not a sin to get tattooed. And it's okay to be a Christian and believe in evolution at the same time - we'll just stick to the safe side and lean towards "natural selection" instead. But you don't have to take the Creation story literally. Or Noah's Ark. Or even the Crucifixion or Resurrection. And especially not the part where Jesus requires us all to leave our families, our lives and our possessions to follow him. God will place it on your heart if you're really meant to do that, otherwise, just keep earning that big old wage, go to church on Sundays, make sure you read your Bible and pray a couple times a week, don't hang out with too many non-Christian friends and try your best not to swear. You know what, even being a psychic isn't all that bad. You can believe in God and tell people's fortunes at the same time. It isn't witchcraft or demon-possession anymore. It's a God-given gift.

On 10/23/2018 at 4:01 PM, XenoFish said:

Because I would love to have my hand in the churches wallet.

Better be careful when you stick your hand in the church's pocket.  You  don't know what you'll grab.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Wow.when did we forget that one?

Dear Jypsi, regarding your  post above.

I would like to comment on what I find interesting about the commonality that Jews and Christians have about the end of times. You know, that point when angry God comes to kill everyone?  They both believe in a Jewish Temple in Jerusalem where animal sacrifices are being offered.  

This is based upon the prophesies in Daniel that Jesus used when he spoke of the Abomination of Desolation.  The Jews say nothing more about this, but the Christians do.  The Apostle Paul uses it.

Anyway....here’s the thing.  There is no Jewish Temple in Jerusalem, there is a Muslim one.....and in today’s world, animal sacrifice is almost universally outlawed in “Modern Countries” .  So, even if the Jews could manage to resurrect a temple on the Temple Mount, if they could not offer animal sacrifices in the morning and the evening, there is no end of time...according to the Bible.  FWIW.

On 10/23/2018 at 2:56 PM, sci-nerd said:

As I understand this God, he's perfect, error-free and makes no mistakes

The Christianity I follow is older than 2,000 years ago; "Christos" was prophesied by one of Apollo's Sybils; and I believe that St. Paul was "Iesus Christos'" male Sybil and "Q" is his lost ORIGINAL texts... The Christianity I follow is a continuity of the Greek religion.

Our Western culture's "orthodox" Christianity is its modern foundation and responsible for our way of thinking, our Western tradition, but in the end, one has to experience Jesus Christ first hand. That is the definition of being a Christian, to be "born again," experience Gnosis. Being "born again" is in the "orthodox" Bible. From Marcionism to Gnosticism, first hand encounter is a must.

I believe one has to be adopted by the "Father" (through Jesus Christ) to be called one of His children and receive the light of God (Holy Spirit) since a human being automatically doesn't have a light, and it is the reason why the Bible mentions the "outer darkness."

"I have come as a light into the world, that whoever believes in Me should not abide in darkness."

In my Christian faith, the "Father-to-be" did not create this world, and "No one has ascended to heaven..." to even have the authority to judge the "Father"; so, mistake doesn't apply.

Just sharing.

Edited by magnum mysterium
emphasis

3 hours ago, magnum mysterium said:

I believe one has to be adopted by the "Father" (through Jesus Christ) to be called one of His children and receive the light of God (Holy Spirit) since a human being automatically doesn't have a light, and it is the reason why the Bible mentions the "outer darkness."

If we're going to refer to what the Bible mentions, it's there recorded that Jesus said (in a nutshell) if you're going to look for God, don't look for him over here or look for him over there, because "the kingdom of God is within you".

Every human being is indwelt by a 'spark' of God unbidden.

In fact he stands at the inner door and knocks. Waiting.

Edited by Will Due
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Will Due said:

In fact he stands at the inner door and knocks. Waiting.

d02eef6d-cd98-4861-9e3f-0932259b9af3_1.e

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

See above.

This is the sign of being "closed" minded.

• Like 1