Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Intense winds cause Quebec forest to breathe

Still Waters

A video taken in Sacre-Coeur QuebecTuesday, has captured Weather Network viewer's attention. In it, strong winds push and pull at the forest floor, making it look like it's 'breathing'.

While forests don't breathe per se, the trees that reside in them do, by taking in carbon dioxide and releasing oxygen in a process called photosynthesis.

But unlike humans, this process doesn't involve inhaling and exhaling -- which is exactly what the forest floor in this video appears to be doing.

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/articles/wind-causes-forest-to-start-breathing-sacre-coeur-quebec-canada-october-2018/115245

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Thats pretty cool but would scare the crap out of you if you were just walking by at the time its starts breathing..

• Like 3

Lost a 60ft fir last weekend from wind. We got quite some good draft in Quebec last week !

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Like 1

I've seen this before. Interesting but I would get the heck out of there before something falls on my bald head.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I can only imagine how this phenomena would have effected people in previous eras...And the non-science minded today. It'd be amazing and freaky to see in person, for sure.

• Like 2

Mother Earth. Obviously a cave or gorge just under and or around the corner for the wind to get in and blow. 

Like how blow hole works near an ocean?