Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Titanic II due to set sail in 2022

Still Waters

EXACTLY 110 years after the Titanic hit an iceberg and sank in one of the world’s most infamous disasters at sea, an ambitious successor will set off to finally complete its doomed maiden voyage.

Clive Palmer’s Titanic II — an exact replica of the ill-fated ocean liner — is due to set sail in 2022, the billionaire said.

Mr Palmer’s company Blue Star Line has been working on the $700 million Titanic II project since 2012 and recently resumed construction of the replica after the project stalled due to financial disputes.

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-ideas/cruises/clive-palmers-700m-titanic-ii-to-replicate-voyage-of-the-doomed-original/news-story/851178755d4ce4d58fe0d4c475b93b91

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

....exact replica except for improved safety features and more life boats?

Wouldn't that be appealingly primitive and bare-bones for a modern luxury liner? Plus if it really mimics the cabin layout exactly....who's going to spend money to sleep in one of those 4-person Steerage bunks? Possibly with strangers?

Titanic-mania was, like 25 years ago or something.

Edited by Orphalesion

7 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

....exact replica except for improved safety features and more life boats?

Wouldn't that be appealingly primitive and bare-bones for a modern luxury liner? Plus if it really mimics the cabin layout exactly....who's going to spend money to sleep in one of those 4-person Steerage bunks? Possibly with strangers?

Titanic-mania was, like 25 years ago or something.

The point of it being a replica is to allow passengers to experience what it was like to sail on board the original, not the sinking part of course. To anyone who can afford it and is interested in going, it'll be a historical adventure.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

The point of it being a replica is to allow passengers to experience what it was like to sail on board the original, not the sinking part of course. To anyone who can afford it and is interested in going, it'll be a historical adventure.

So it's a LARP ship?

5 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

So it's a LARP ship?

No.

44 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

Like the Orient Express, but at sea and bigger. 

23 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

So it's a LARP ship?

Maybe, it could be seen like that if the passengers are to dress in that fashion,  but i very much doubt there will be the rich upstairs and the poor downstairs. Unless ofcourse some passengers want to role play it that way. 

• Like 3

Pretty neat..Just hope this one avoids the icebergs along the way...But you can give my ticket to some one else I get sea sick!

• Like 3

I'm not interested in going on the voyage but would like to look around the ship. That part would appeal to me.

• Like 5

Will there be an "Abandon ship" drill to recreate the sinking?  Unscheduled, of course. No fun in it if you know it's coming.

It will be interesting to see if he gets it off the ground this time. I like Clive Palmer, he puts forth a strong belief in doing the right things for Australia. He does however rally support in theatrics that dont often amount to much

A Third class steerage cabin would have more room than a 4th class pigeon hole sized airliner seat. I think I'd enjoy Ryan(sea) third class. Three recycled meals a day, nice comfy bed with a few fleas and nits to crack, cockroaches running around carrying little suitcases, rats keeping the unmarried women and childrens end in order, bar full of swaying mixed lingo drunks in a tropical storm, lifeboat ticket raffle, food sloshing off your magnetic plate, fork fighting over the loose sausage, water coming down one end of the corridor and leaving via a port hole, first class puke running down the glass outside, toilets backfiring, persistent damp, no heating, stink of someone elses feet sweat and worse for a week non stop, smell of fuel oil and smoke from the engines, water coming down the vents, German maids and stewards swearing their heads off and kicking the passengers around when the bell goes off.. Rouze Rouze Rouze.. Smack.. No free shower at the end of the voyage either.

As for the treatment of that coloured cancer sufferer and him not being given water of all things to take his medication. I thought that was absolutely disgusting. I would have thought water would be free on an aircraft. Next they'll be charging a fee for the use of the toilets.

• Like 1

On ‎24‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:57 AM, Still Waters said:

EXACTLY 110 years after the Titanic hit an iceberg and sank in one of the world’s most infamous disasters at sea, an ambitious successor will set off to finally complete its doomed maiden voyage.

Clive Palmer’s Titanic II — an exact replica of the ill-fated ocean liner — is due to set sail in 2022, the billionaire said.

Mr Palmer’s company Blue Star Line has been working on the $700 million Titanic II project since 2012 and recently resumed construction of the replica after the project stalled due to financial disputes.

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-ideas/cruises/clive-palmers-700m-titanic-ii-to-replicate-voyage-of-the-doomed-original/news-story/851178755d4ce4d58fe0d4c475b93b91

Dont get on that ship if any of the owners of JP Morgan are planning on being there lol.

Edited by RabidMongoose