Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Explosives sent to Clintons, Obama and Soros

Setton

Just now, susieice said:

I just looked and found it was delivered by courier. Doesn't a courier service have a return address? Or an address where packages are to be picked up? I've always been required to provide one whether sending or receiving.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sorry. Just edited while you were responding. Anyone should have questioned what it felt like in that envelop.

Just now, susieice said:

I just looked and found it was delivered by courier. Doesn't a courier service have a return address? Or an address where packages are to be picked up? I've always been required to provide one whether sending or receiving.

yes, everytime a courier brings something they have to get a signature, and you keep a carbon copy of it,  unless he was not a real courier.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, susieice said:

Still, whoever handled this package should have felt what was in it. It should have drawn suspicion.

It did at CNN offices, apparently, which is why authorities were notified. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aztek said:

yes, everytime a courier brings something they have to get a signature, and you keep a carbon copy of it,  unless he was not a real courier.

Then we should know soon. It's amazing someone accepted this package for delivery.

10 minutes ago, susieice said:

Still, whoever handled this package should have felt what was in it. It should have drawn suspicion.

I don't know about that.   I order stuff online all the time.   Sometimes items will come in just an envelope like that.   In fact, I got an umbrella in an envelope like that just last week.  

1 minute ago, Myles said:

I don't know about that.   I order stuff online all the time.   Sometimes items will come in just an envelope like that.   In fact, I got an umbrella in an envelope like that just last week.  

I've ordered things online also. Some I had to sign for, others no. I'm talking about mailing one. I mailed an article of clothing to my nephew and I had to go to the post office to have it weighed for correct postage. It cost me $5.00. Most shipping costs are more than the total of those stamps. I also had to provide a return address, though I didn't have to purchase insurance. 

9 minutes ago, aztek said:

it was so suspicious, that they opened it, dummies were lucky the ied was not real.

A Time Warner Center mailroom employee flagged the package to security, but did not open it, according to a source with direct knowledge.

Security called authorities, who opened the package

• Thanks 3

you can put as many stamps as you can fit, you do not have to come to post office, 1 stamp for 1 oz, unless you want to send priority with tracking. or get insured, registered mail

there are international stamps that cost more,  you can use those domestically as well,

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gertdoggy said:

Some good spelling errors on there. Brenan, Florids

And "Shultz" instead of Schultz.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dark_Grey said:

Why bother having such a large, visible timer?

Timer+battery pack.

Tom Sauer, the supposed bomb expert I quoted, is right - there is no reason to have a wire coming out both ends of the bomb other than optics.

Its called redundancy and might be a hint during the investigations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I see this as another pathetic attempt by the left to grab some sympathy votes. We all know they absolutely LOVE playing the victim.

It's ****ing disgusting.

Edited by TomasaurusREKT
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, toast said:

And "Shultz" instead of Schultz.

Deliberate spelling errors? It has to be. Either that or extreme incompetence. 

Even if we take everything at face value, it's still sketchy as ISIS clearly knows how to use explosives so it doesn't make sense that none of them went off. It also doesn't make sense for ISIS to target all the "heroes" of the DNC when President Trump is the one kicking their arses all over the ME. No one in Trump's cabinet got suspicious packages so we are to believe what - ISIS is aligned with Republicans?

False. Freaking. Flag.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, toast said:

Timer+battery pack.

Its called redundancy and might be a hint during the investigations.

A single positive and a single negative wire? Where's the trigger? I'm having a hard time finding a pipe bomb design similar to this one. They all seem to have another set of wires that loop back in to the pipe to initiate a detonator.

12 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

False. Freaking. Flag

Or an idiot who can't spell (and therefore probably doesn't have the knowhow to make a working bomb) and thinks that sticking a black label with some Arabic on it will fool law enforcement into looking at isis. 

As my mum always says, criminals are not clever. If they were, they wouldn't be criminals. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Piney said:

I don't support deadly threats. I want to see the whole infastructure collapse.

There's a friggin difference.... 

Not if you delight in seeing others employ those methods. 

• Thanks 1

well, technically it could be a cable with few wires inside, but i do not buy this bs still. especially that mail guy found it suspicious, called cops and they opened the envelope right there on the spot.

i know how this works, we had suspicious packages in buildings before,  bomb squad comes takes the package and deal with it off site, they never open a suspicious package on the spot.  yet here they just opened it and let people close enough to take pics, i call giant BS on that.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

Hey if we are talking about the people who would like to see the Clintons and Soros "disappear", I'm a drop of water in an ocean at best. They are straight up psychopaths who could care less if you or I are alive. It's all about power for them and history shows they are willing to kill to get it.

I very, very rarely advocate for any one to die but the characters mentioned in the OP are on my short list. Obama took us from Bush's 3 wars to 7 as well as holding the record for the President with the most years in perpetual war (8 years). They simply do not care because they are mentally disturbed people. You have to be to do the things they have done.

I am open to the idea this was a genuine act of terror since the other bombs were found. However, it could very easily be a ploy to drum up resistance against "radical conservatives" leading up to the mid-terms. 

So because you oppose the policies of a democratically elected leader, they deserve death? 

So how do you think people who oppose Trump should act? 

Or maybe, just maybe, political violence has no place in a democratic society? 

5 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

Rhetoric like this (especially about the 5:24 mark):

Exactly like that. On both sides. And for everyone here who helps spread it. 

5 hours ago, aztek said:

lol, would you like a large fries, and extra large diet soda with that?

Grow up and try to debate for a change. 

4 hours ago, South Alabam said:

That is irrelevant. Times change. Ask me how many schools my generation shot up.

Then why did you bring it up? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, susieice said:

I haven't seen them support threats by antifa. 

Then you have no comparison. We have posters here actively and unrepentantly supporting this bomber because the targets are on 'the other side'. 

You want to bring antifa into this, show me the same. 

• Like 2

Final note for today and I will leave you guys to it.

Here is the clock used on the "bombs"

85d264797c89c14f7c234bdf54323c206ac8391a

It could be made to set off an explosive if it had an alarm. Too bad it doesn't. These pipe bombs look like props and nothing more.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Setton said:

Not if you delight in seeing others employ those methods. 

That's exactly right Setton. We posted Waters and her comments to the left. Don't act surprised if someone else employs those methods. Thankfully, no one was harmed this time. This whole thing is more liable to blow sooner or later than not.

7 minutes ago, aztek said:

well, technically it could be a cable with few wires inside, but i do not buy this bs still. especially that mail guy found it suspicious, called cops and they opened the envelope right there on the spot.

i know how this works, we had suspicious packages in buildings before,  bomb squad comes takes the package and deal with it off site, they never open a suspicious package on the spot.  yet here they just opened it and let people close enough to take pics, i call giant BS on that.

So, what? 

It was a fake bomb, fake police, fake envelope and fake report? 

Or maybe one idiot tried and failed to attack politicians. 

Ockham. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dark_Grey said:

A single positive and a single negative wire? Where's the trigger? I'm having a hard time finding a pipe bomb design similar to this one. They all seem to have another set of wires that loop back in to the pipe to initiate a detonator.

ground is the pipe, you only need 1 wire, same way every car is wired, but i still think it's fake

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Setton said:

Or an idiot who can't spell (and therefore probably doesn't have the knowhow to make a working bomb) and thinks that sticking a black label with some Arabic on it will fool law enforcement into looking at isis. 

As my mum always says, criminals are not clever. If they were, they wouldn't be criminals. 

Sure. If there weren't 500 other inconsistencies and very odd coincidences you might have a point. Someone needs to go through the list and provide a reasonable explanation for how this occurred, piont by point, starting with the anonymous deliveries. By the end, you'll have a fantastic story that's too good to be true.