Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost Hunting Device

Bryazz

Hello there.I was watching a programme about a team hunting in s Titanic museum.

They had a device which shows apparitions on a screen that appear as figures connected by dots and lines.

Could you please tell me what this piece of equipment is?

Many thanks.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bryazz said:

Its a device that sucks your money and transfer it into the pockets of people who use the naivety of others as the base for their business model. Simply just that and nothing else.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

We don't know if ghost actually exist. So we have no true way to detect them. Plus every bit of equipment used for ghost hunting is designed for other purposes originally. This leads to false positives. I think we have a thread about it.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bryazz said:

They had a device which shows apparitions on a screen that appear as figures connected by dots and lines.

I have recently seen this effect on a ghosthunting show, but I don't know what piece of equipment it is.

It gives the impression of an algorithm similar to facial recognition, but it could simply be a post-production gimmick.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bryazz said:

A gimmick! :yes:

• Like 2

They call it an SLS. I first saw it on ghost adventures. It was developed by an engineer who says he is a sceptic and used the same technology that a Kinect camera uses to map a person in for game play. Supposedly it works by mapping out cold or hot spots or frequencies that don't match the surrounding areas. Sometimes those areas are roughly human shaped.  Not being an engineer I might have that totally wrong but I think that's generally what they said.

• Like 2

• 10 months later...