Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Human Spider' climbs 754ft tower in London

Still Waters

"Human Spider" Alain Robert has climbed the 754ft (230m) Heron Tower in the City of London.

The 56-year-old Frenchman, with no safety gear or rope and using his bare hands, took about 50 minutes to reach the top in the illegal ascent.

It was a "medium" climb, he said - not "easy", but not "ridiculous" either.

Robert, whose previous death-defying climbs include the world's tallest building, the Burj Khalifa in Dubai, and the Empire State Building in New York, said before setting off that he was likely to be arrested following the feat.

https://news.sky.com/story/human-spider-alain-robert-begins-754ft-climb-in-city-of-london-11535240

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Hell No..... these people are insane.. 

• Like 3

Stupidity at its finest. Oh well, he probably won't be in the gene pool too much longer.

• Haha 3

Just now, justin3651 said:

Stupidity at its finest. Oh well, he probably won't be in the gene pool too much longer.

Agreed... you just know how it ends eventually for these idiots.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I am so afraid of heights that just thinking about this makes me dizzy

• Like 3

That sort of antic should get you locked-up.  They could fall and land on somebody, killing them.  Selfish, exhibitionist trash.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Still Waters said:

Robert, whose previous death-defying climbs include the world's tallest building, the Burj Khalifa in Dubai, and the Empire State Building in New York, said before setting off that he was likely to be arrested following the feat.

https://news.sky.com/story/human-spider-alain-robert-begins-754ft-climb-in-city-of-london-11535240

The article has been updated. He's been arrested.

"Human Spider" Alain Robert has been arrested after he climbed the 754ft (230m) Heron Tower in the City of London.

City of London police said they arrested a 56-year-old man on suspicion of causing public nuisance.

Commander Karen Baxter condemned the stunt. “The incident this afternoon has had a considerable impact on police, other emergency services and the local community. Our officers, the London Fire Brigade and the London Ambulance Service all attended this incident, taking them away from genuine emergencies,” she said.

“Road closures meant a significant disturbance to local transport and businesses and their staff located in the building were also considerably affected.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/oct/25/french-spiderman-alain-robert-arrested-after-scaling-london-tower

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Jenn8779 said:

I am so afraid of heights that just thinking about this makes me dizzy

When I was a kid I was fearless. Never cared about heights went skydiving and all. Now as an adult I'm terrified. Even flying on a plane I want to avoid

• Like 2