Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Still Waters

First human baby to be born in space by 2024

21 posts in this topic

Still Waters

A Netherlands-based company has announced what may be the ultimate insurance policy for mankind and a prepper’s wildest dream come true; safe, space-based human reproduction within the next decade.

SpaceLife Origin announced its Missions Program 2020-2024 on Tuesday with lofty goal of “enabling sustainable life beyond Earth”. The company plans to use its patent-pending technology to create the first generations of humans not born of this Earth.

The company is aiming to complete the first three parts of its four-stage mission plan by 2024, culminating in the first human baby born in space during a 36-hour long mission.

https://www.rt.com/news/442269-first-extraterrestrial-human-baby/

• Like 1

seanjo

I can't wait for the accompanying silver suits.

sci-nerd

I don't buy it. It's much to ambitious. Way above realistic possibilities.

• Thanks 3

seanjo

RADIATION, RADIATION, RADIATION...It's not a small problem.

• Like 2

toast

I smell a MarsOne like joke.

A high pregnant women to be lifted to LEO 2 days before giving birth? What?

But the general question is: why?

• Like 2

sci-nerd
2 minutes ago, seanjo said:

RADIATION, RADIATION, RADIATION...It's not a small problem.

The ethical issues alone would be enough to enrage the entire planet!

• Like 2

seanjo
2 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

The ethical issues alone would be enough to enrage the entire planet!

There are no ethics when the propagation of mankind is concerned.

• Like 1

sci-nerd
2 minutes ago, seanjo said:

There are no ethics when the propagation of mankind is concerned.

An embryo is untouchable to science. No matter how noble the cause. Maybe in 100 years, but no way it's gonna happen in 6.

seanjo
1 minute ago, sci-nerd said:

An embryo is untouchable to science. No matter how noble the cause. Maybe in 100 years, but no way it's gonna happen in 6.

Eh...Abortion?

sci-nerd
1 minute ago, seanjo said:

Eh...Abortion?

That is not a science. That is a medical procedure. And even that has very strong opponents.

seanjo
2 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

That is not a science. That is a medical procedure. And even that has very strong opponents.

"An embryo is untouchable to science"

You need to explain to me that bit, I'm a bit thick...

sci-nerd

Very simple: Any research/experiments with embryos are forbidden.

Removing an embryo from a vomb is neither research nor experiment. It is a termination of unwanted parenthood.

• Like 1

Grandpa Greenman
5 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

Very simple: Any research/experiments with embryos are forbidden.

Removing an embryo from a vomb is neither research nor experiment. It is a termination of unwanted parenthood.

Depends on the law of country in which the experiment is being done. Though, I agree that doing this in 2024 is pushing it.  Here is something else that makes me think they are putting cart before the horse.  "Normal gravity will be created inside the incubator to avoid any potential issues with weightlessness in a zero-gravity environment."   How are they going to make normal gravity?  

• Thanks 1

toast
4 hours ago, Grandpa Greenman said:

."Normal gravity will be created inside the incubator to avoid any potential issues with weightlessness in a zero-gravity environment."   How are they going to make normal gravity?  

Artificial gravity (by rotation)

• Like 1

Seti42

I think we should establish things like long term life support, supply chains, and sustainability in space first. Then worry about propagation of the species up there. Besides, any child born in space would eventually have to return to earth...That might cause lots of problems. Like the death of the child who's circulatory system cannot handle functioning at the earth's surface.

• Like 3

seanjo
19 hours ago, toast said:

I smell a MarsOne like joke.

A high pregnant women to be lifted to LEO 2 days before giving birth? What?

But the general question is: why?

To see...I actually approve, Mankind must advance we don't do that by standing still.

seanjo
13 hours ago, Grandpa Greenman said:

Depends on the law of country in which the experiment is being done. Though, I agree that doing this in 2024 is pushing it.  Here is something else that makes me think they are putting cart before the horse.  "Normal gravity will be created inside the incubator to avoid any potential issues with weightlessness in a zero-gravity environment."   How are they going to make normal gravity?  

Angular momentum..or centrifugal force as it is called.

AllPossible

I'll donate my sperm but I'm not raising the child in space.

toast
1 hour ago, seanjo said:

Mankind must advance we don't do that by standing still.

Well known already but the stunt is idiotic. We are still researching the effects of micro/zero gravity to the human body and there are uncounted of issues still unsolved. Its likely that research on childbirth in space will become important in future but at our current stage of development its pointless.

Just think about the g-force working on the pregnant woman during the ascent, its up to 3-4g and I dont think thats a healthy value for the woman, and the unborn as well. G-forces during descent and touchdown are up to 4.5g (Soyuz), not a healthy value for a 1 or 2 day old infant.  Ok, maybe other carrier systems with less g-forces during descent and touchdown will be in operation in 2024 but there will be no free payload volume available that time. And, why should ESA/Jaxa/Nasa support such a idiotic stunt? And why should a commercial space company, like Space-X, support such stunt and take risk of reputation loss in case of failure and/or death of the mother/infant? Above all, I dont think that any of the agencies/companies would cooperate because of the ethical factor.

I repeat myself, but the whole project is on a MarsOne level, which is, and will remain, below grade.

• Like 2

Jon the frog

Better to wait to do it on Mars than in orbit...

Rafael Irizarry

What happened to the theory that there were aliens among us.   That humans and aliens had procreated before and there were half human and half alien on earth already.