Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Still Waters

Mystery serial rabbit killer scares French town

Still Waters

A serial killer of rabbits has struck fear into the hearts of the people of a picturesque French village on the north Brittany coast.

More than 100 animals have fallen victim to the mystery killer since he or she began their  murderous spree in and around the village of Minihy-Tréguier, a pretty spot popular with tourists and home to a handful of British expats.

"The village is gripped by fear," Jean-Yves Fenvarc'h, the mayor of the village of 1,300 people, told the Telegraph.

What makes the situation particularly scary, he said, was the fact that the killer sometimes returns to the scene of a crime to kill again.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/10/26/french-town-hunts-mystery-serial-rabbit-killer-100-pets-fall/

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

seanjo

"He or She"?...we all know it's a He (b******)! Interesting fact, you can eat your fill of rabbit every day, but you will starve to death anyway...

Jenn8779

Poor rabbits.... this is definitely the work of a sick mind.:(

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Echoes

Elmer Fudd strikes again! :o

• Like 2

Taun

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

and then

I was a serial killer of rabbits in my teens but they certainly weren't anyone's pets.  Killing a person's pet is like killing a family member for many.  I pray I never have to deal with someone who kills one of my dogs.  If it is an innocent act of carelessness it's bad enough.  To intentionally kill one might earn them some serious pain.  Law be damned.  This person has a serious diagnosis that apparently has been rendered yet.  He needs taking off the streets before he moves on to things that offer a little more challenge and go about on two legs.  :angry:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Seti42

Funny that they think it can't be someone from OUR village, yet the psycho clearly knows his/her way around. Yeah, it could be a woman or girl. It's not unheard of. Usually people who kill for fun are male, though. It's also cute that the residents are afraid they might run into the person. Gotta love France. In the US, everyone in a small town plagued by such acts would be carrying and brandishing guns 24/7, and WISHING they'd see the culprit.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Seti42
1 hour ago, and then said:

I was a serial killer of rabbits in my teens but they certainly weren't anyone's pets.  Killing a person's pet is like killing a family member for many.  I pray I never have to deal with someone who kills one of my dogs.  If it is an innocent act of carelessness it's bad enough.  To intentionally kill one might earn them some serious pain.  Law be damned.  This person has a serious diagnosis that apparently has been rendered yet.  He needs taking off the streets before he moves on to things that offer a little more challenge and go about on two legs.  :angry:

I hope you at least legally hunted them and ate them. Otherwise, you are a sick person. Seek help, please. You honestly sound potentially dangerous to others. Not as messed up as the French rabbit-slayer, but still.

PS: I also hope no one kills one of your dogs. I like dogs.

Edited by Seti42

spartan max2
1 hour ago, and then said:

Why were you a seriel killer of rabbits in your teens?

No judegment, im just curious about why people do that because it's never seemed like a fun thing to me. 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

and then
3 hours ago, Seti42 said:

In the US, everyone in a small town plagued by such acts would be carrying and brandishing guns 24/7, and WISHING they'd see the culprit.

Well... maybe not EVERYONE... but most guys?  Definitely.  Hurting our pets or the people we love is a hazardous endeavor in most places.

• Like 1

openozy

I destroy wild rabbits almost daily on properties here as part of my job and have no problem in  doing so.Killing peoples pets or livestock in this case is the work of a sick and cowardly individual,not even taking the meat.

Amanda Evans

I initially read that as Rabbit Serial Killer...
But obviousky read it properly and realised it is a very serious issue. People who kill animals for fun or sport, have a serious lack of empathy and I hope the perpetrator is found and dealt with with the upmost severity.

• Like 1