Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oman leader says time to accept Israel

The Caspian Hare

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/middle-east/push-for-middle-east-peace-oman-says-time-to-accept-israel/articleshow/66391846.cms

MANAMA (BAHRAIN): Oman described Israel as an accepted Middle East state on Saturday, a day after hosting a surprise visit by its prime minister that Washington said could help regional peace efforts.

Oman is offering ideas to help Israel and the Palestinians to come together but is not acting as mediator, Yousuf bin Alawi bin Abdullah, the sultanate’s minister responsible for foreign affairs, told a security summit in Bahrain.

"Israel is a state present in the region, and we all understand this," bin Alawi said.

"The world is also aware of this fact. Maybe it is time for Israel to be treated the same [as others states] and also bear the same obligations."

His comments followed a rare visit to Oman by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu which came days after Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas paid a three-day visit to the Gulf country. Both leaders met with Oman's Sultan Qaboos.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, The Caspian Hare said:

It's beginning to appear that the Globalist Left is going to have to become more creative in trashing Trump.  If his peace initiative leads to a signed treaty, they should be speechless.  They won't be, of course, but at least the depth f their hypocrisy will be on display for all to see.

54 minutes ago, and then said:

leads to a signed treaty

Be there, done that, didn't work.

What would amaze us, is if he'd just shut up and stop his lying and bigotry and stop acting deluded for one singe day!

Edited by sci-nerd

1 hour ago, sci-nerd said:

Be there, done that, didn't work.

What would amaze us, is if he'd just shut up and stop his lying and bigotry and stop acting deluded for one singe day!

What you said. And yes, accepting Israel by it's neighbours IS the right way and accepting a Free Palestinian state IS also the right way. 

4 minutes ago, odas said:

What you said. And yes, accepting Israel by it's neighbours IS the right way and accepting a Free Palestinian state IS also the right way. 

I meant "Been there, done that...". Dammit, I hate discovering typo's an hour later, when you can't fix 'em.

You are completely right, but there's some obstacles. Netanyahu is one. He's a racist jew (imagine that!). He thinks jews are the supreme race. What a jerk!

The second obstacle are palestinian militant islamists (they have names, but nevermind that). They will never budge. Even if Israel gets a better leader.

So, peace in 2018? Even 2019? Forget it!

1 hour ago, sci-nerd said:

I meant "Been there, done that...". Dammit, I hate discovering typo's an hour later, when you can't fix 'em.

You are completely right, but there's some obstacles. Netanyahu is one. He's a racist jew (imagine that!). He thinks jews are the supreme race. What a jerk!

The second obstacle are palestinian militant islamists (they have names, but nevermind that). They will never budge. Even if Israel gets a better leader.

I agree completly. Both sides are to blame equaly. Isralie children and Palestinian children should not live in fear of each other idiot leaders rockets. Hope is something we can not give up. Hope for true peace for all and hope that those who incite hostilty on each side will eventualy die out.

Edited by odas

2 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

Oh, I never said anything about a real peace.  I said a signed treaty.  Money makes the world go round.  Never doubt it or underestimate the power of the purse.  There's a strange confluence of pressures that are coming together like a perfect storm and the Palestinian leaders are being increasingly lashed by it.  Several of the Sunni states along with Saudi Arabia have determined that Iran has become enough of a real and present danger that they must change or potentially be overrun.  Ironically, it is Yemen that has made them begin to reassess their relationship with the Jews of Israel.  People seem to forget or not appreciate what a military power broker the IDF is in that region.  My guess is that a conflict between Israel and Iran will flare in the coming months and Iran is going to get seriously mauled.  That would solidify a sense of security for all the above mentioned and they will be willing to exert even more $ pressure on the Hamas, Fatah, and PA leadership and drive them to the table out of desperation to survive.  Trump, barring some animal achieving the unthinkable, will be president until at least January 20th of 2021.

Can you cite a link where you've seen or heard Netanyahu making such a claim?  I follow the news in Israel a lot and I've never heard anyone make that claim before, just sayin'.  

2 hours ago, odas said:

And yes, accepting Israel by it's neighbours IS the right way and accepting a Free Palestinian state IS also the right way. 

The devil is always in the details, though.  My guess is that Trump will demand something(s) from Israel that they will find it very difficult to surrender.  Sharing Jerusalem as a capital of a free Palestinian state would be near the top of that list.  The other demand that he may lean on them some for is "right of return".  The Palestinian leaders cannot sign a deal under any circumstances that do not include that in some form.  It's anyone's guess what the total numbers would be but the other Arab states would have to be a part of the agreement as well.  They'd have to be willing, finally, to absorb some of the Palestinians and allow them citizenship and rights.  Don't forget the huge financial boon that will be offered by everyone from the U.S. and S.A. to the EU.  Yes... a treaty WILL get signed at some point and I happen to think it may finally be soon.  I also believe it will have "confidence building" provisions where land is surrendered into Palestinian control over a phased implementation period.  As they prove they have control over their more radical brethren, the bigger and bigger economic benefits and the freedom that it brings will begin to flow.  Prosperity after so many decades of poverty will be a mighty incentive to stand down and stop shooting - for awhile.

Saudi&Co are just making their alliance with Israel official. Oman included. Palestinians have no word here nor were they asked or considered.

Consider this...

In recent few days Palestinian leadership has vowed to break all signed treaties with Israel so it's kinda silly for me to believe that Oman has any legitimacy here or that it's concerned about solutions for Israeli aggression against Palestine.

It's just totally opposite to reality on the ground so i was a bit confused by these reports about Oman ''initiative''. This is simply making things official so that economical exchange between Israel and Oman reach more stable and easier terms.

Only positive thing which might work out is that Oman might mediate some relaxation between Israel and Iran which could, potentially, lead to something good for Palestinian people. But that's just romantic dream, another on my list.

One thing is certain at this point.  The Palestinians have refused every chance and they have always been rewarded by continued aid.  This time, the money has mostly been stopped and Arab nations are beginning to move away from this cause and become more concerned with saving themselves by allying with Israel.  I don't believe any true change has occurred in the thinking of those Arab nations with regard to the Jews in Israel but they know that without the alliance with the IDF, they stand no chance against an aggressive Iranian move into the region.

On 10/27/2018 at 5:03 PM, sci-nerd said:

actually that is what every religious jew thinks,  everyone  else is a goy, inferior people,  it even goes for jews that are not religious.   a hasidic jew will never think of me as equal even thou i'm a jew as well,  a sephardic jew will never see a hasidic jew as equal.