Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Xeno the alien

XenoQc

45 minutes ago, Habitat said:

No we don't. There is even the possibility of some kind of line on the moons of various planets in our solar system. Answering one way or the other would an enormous project.

What data do you have to show that that is even remotely true?

7 minutes ago, joc said:

What data do you have to show that that is even remotely true?

I'd reckon organizations like NASA would be your best reference, joc, they certainly are being funded to look for signs of life elsewhere in the Solar System, there are even plans to send a probe to an ice covered moon of one of the gas giants, which is thought to have liquid water under the thick ice crust. The probe will descend through the ice by melting a pathway, then travel around in the liquid water. Much of the emphasis of Mars missions is finding signs of life. Even life in the clouds of Venus is reckoned a possibility. The discovery of life in any of these places, and especially life with a different genesis to that on Earth, would be a scientific discovery of the highest order.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Habitat said:

I'd reckon organizations like NASA would be your best reference, joc, they certainly are being funded to look for signs of life elsewhere in the Solar System, there are even plans to send a probe to an ice covered moon of one of the gas giants, which is thought to have liquid water under the thick ice crust. The probe will descend through the ice by melting a pathway, then travel around in the liquid water. Much of the emphasis of Mars missions is finding signs of life. Even life in the clouds of Venus is reckoned a possibility. The discovery of life in any of these places, and especially life with a different genesis to that on Earth, would be a scientific discovery of the highest order.

No..YOU are my best reference. You are the one who made the claim not NASA.

WHERE is the life??

7 minutes ago, joc said:

No..YOU are my best reference. You are the one who made the claim not NASA.

WHERE is the life??

lol....you are a funny man, joc, NASA, and other space agencies, continue to plan and execute missions that are at least partially aimed at finding life beyond Earth, there was great anticipation that the Mars Viking landers of the mid-1970's would find such evidence, but it turned out to be inconclusive. Further missions have been similarly unable to answer the question convincingly. This work is in its infancy.

2 hours ago, Habitat said:

lol....you are a funny man, joc, NASA, and other space agencies, continue to plan and execute missions that are at least partially aimed at finding life beyond Earth, there was great anticipation that the Mars Viking landers of the mid-1970's would find such evidence, but it turned out to be inconclusive. Further missions have been similarly unable to answer the question convincingly. This work is in its infancy.

3 hours ago, joc said:
  4 hours ago, Habitat said:

No we don't. There is even the possibility of some kind of line on the moons of various planets in our solar system. Answering one way or the other would an enormous project

As usual...you don't have the foggiest idea of what you are talking about.

2 minutes ago, joc said:

As usual...you don't have the foggiest idea of what you are talking about.

Give up joc, you are chronically wrong-headed, but you do get a lot of likes from P101 !

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Give up joc, you are chronically wrong-headed, but you do get a lot of likes from P101 !

There is nothing to give up. You said there was the possibility of life on some of our planet's moons. I asked you for the data...you referred me to NASA which means you don't have any data.

Show me data where there is the possibility of life on moons of planets. ..or just shut up.

41 minutes ago, joc said:

There is nothing to give up. You said there was the possibility of life on some of our planet's moons. I asked you for the data...you referred me to NASA which means you don't have any data.

Show me data where there is the possibility of life on moons of planets. ..or just shut up.

I really can't speak of the probabilities of life elsewhere in the solar system, but clearly when funding applications are made for planetary probes, that is one of the purposes put forward in such proposals, to look for evidence of life, or find likely places to look, and has been so for many decades. Even a person only casually interested in the subject, would know that. Try Google, joc

Edited by Habitat

17 hours ago, joc said:

It is justified to make such claims. There is data and knowledge to support a conclusion that consciousness...i.e. the soul...dies with the body.  There is zero data to support the conclusion that life continues on without the body.  Ditto...the rest of my list.

I tend to agree with you on your first point, at least in nature. However, well within the next hundred years, humans will be replicating their consciousness, and placing it in new hosts, using technology.

At that time  the soul/consciousness will live on past its original host body. My argument is that there is some evidence that advanced alien technologies already have this abilty, and could use it with human beings.

And even if there were NO evidences, the fact that humans will soon be able to do it, ie extend your sense of self (  memories consciousness etc. ) beyond your first organic host body, makes your claim debatable 

You cant just ditto the rest of  your list.  Each example is different, and has more or less evidences and proofs, and higher and lower probabilities of being right.     

4 hours ago, joc said:

You only asked for data on the POSSIBILTY of life on other moons or planets in our solar system . That is easy to find .

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/jupiter-europa-moon-life-ocean-ice-nasa-jpl-study-a7043056.html

https://www.techradar.com/au/news/how-21-year-old-data-revealed-the-possibility-of-life-on-one-of-jupiters-icy-moons

9 hours ago, Habitat said:

I really can't speak of the probabilities of life elsewhere in the solar system

Thank you! 

On 11/9/2018 at 10:59 PM, joc said:

Until someone proves that Aliens, Ghosts, Sasquatches, Gods, Entities, or AfterLife  exist...I conclude they do not.

5 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

I tend to agree with you on your first point, at least in nature. However, well within the next hundred years, humans will be replicating their consciousness, and placing it in new hosts, using technology.

You cant just ditto the rest of  your list.  Each example is different, and has more or less evidences and proofs, and higher and lower probabilities of being right. 

Of course I can.  

There is zero data to support the conclusion that Aliens exist.

There is zero data to support the conclusion that Ghosts exist.

There is zero data to support the conclusion that Sasquatches exist.

There is zero data to support the conclusion that Entities exist.

See how easy that was?

5 hours ago, Mr Walker said:
10 hours ago, joc said:

You only asked for data on the POSSIBILTY of life on other moons or planets in our solar system . That is easy to find .

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/jupiter-europa-moon-life-ocean-ice-nasa-jpl-study-a7043056.html

https://www.techradar.com/au/news/how-21-year-old-data-revealed-the-possibility-of-life-on-one-of-jupiters-icy-moons

Thank you Mr. Walker. You are correct...I asked for the data on the possibility of life and you offered some.  

Albeit...It isn't even remotely possible for life to exist on Europa.  Given that it's temperature is -160 C.  And given that its atmosphere is composed of Oxygen.  And given that it is over 400 million miles from the sun. Given these facts...there is no possibility that life has ever existed on Europa.  

18 hours ago, joc said:

Of course I can.  

There is zero data to support the conclusion that Aliens exist.

There is zero data to support the conclusion that Ghosts exist.

There is zero data to support the conclusion that Sasquatches exist.

There is zero data to support the conclusion that Entities exist.

See how easy that was?

Easy, but totally incorrect.

There are eye witnesses, photos, govt files, etc on aliens.

There are millions of encounters with ghosts of different types. Plus photos and other forms of recording

Don't know enough about Sasquatches  to comment

What sort of entities are you referring to?  

There are  billions of human encounters between angels/a powerful spirit force,  and humans,  based on statistical extrapolation from those who have had such an encounter.  

That is more data than we have for many things  we take for granted 

18 hours ago, joc said:

Thank you Mr. Walker. You are correct...I asked for the data on the possibility of life and you offered some.  

Albeit...It isn't even remotely possible for life to exist on Europa.  Given that it's temperature is -160 C.  And given that its atmosphere is composed of Oxygen.  And given that it is over 400 million miles from the sun. Given these facts...there is no possibility that life has ever existed on Europa.  

That is not the conclusion of scientists. Life tends to find a way to evolve under very extreme conditions.  And we do not know what the temp is in the liquid underground   it seems to be fluid and create plumes escaping from the surface, so it must be above freezing point. 

Are you sure it's atmosphere is composed of oxygen or did you mean NOT composed of oxygen? it does have a similar oxygen/hydrogen mix to earth, but i assume in a lot less density 

In any case,  life doesn't need oxygen to evolve  There is multicellular life on earth which evolved and exists without access to oxygen 

It is even more probable that a form of life will be found  on Saturn's moon, Enceladus 

https://www.wired.com/story/if-theres-life-on-saturns-moon-enceladus-it-might-look-like-this/

Edited by Mr Walker

4 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

That is not the conclusion of scientists. Life tends to find a way to evolve under very extreme conditions.  And we do not know what the temp is in the liquid underground   it seems to be fluid and create plumes escaping from the surface, so it must be above freezing point. 

Are you sure it's atmosphere is composed of oxygen or did you mean NOT composed of oxygen? it does have a similar oxygen/hydrogen mix to earth, but i assume in a lot less density 

In any case,  life doesn't need oxygen to evolve  There is multicellular life on earth which evolved and exists without access to oxygen 

It is even more probable that a form of life will be found  on Saturn's moon, Enceladus 

https://www.wired.com/story/if-theres-life-on-saturns-moon-enceladus-it-might-look-like-this/

Interesting!   Very interesting.

4 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Easy, but totally incorrect.

There are eye witnesses, photos, govt files, etc on aliens.

There are millions of encounters with ghosts of different types. Plus photos and other forms of recording

Don't know enough about Sasquatches  to comment

What sort of entities are you referring to?  

There are  billions of human encounters between angels/a powerful spirit force,  and humans,  based on statistical extrapolation from those who have had such an encounter.  

That is more data than we have for many things  we take for granted 

All anecdotal.  Zero evidence.