Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Psy_Curious

Premonition or imagination?

7 posts in this topic

Psy_Curious

If you see the future how do you communicate it?  Differentiating between fact and imagination is the problem.  How do you explain it to someone and have them accept it as fact.  Is it coincidence when you predict something and it comes to fruition.

I have made a number of predictions (‘premonitions’) throughout my life that I know have come true, and only one that I have verbalised to allow verification.  The others would seem like stories to any I told them to. The one which can be verified is only true to those that experienced it, telling another is also only a story.

I am sure I am not alone in this, there are many others but we are taught by others to eliminate these from our minds as folly, and as we grow older we start to believe they were right.

Is it possible that everyone has these abilities and we just don’t have the skill to differentiate between imagination and ‘prediction’, ‘premonition’ ?

This happened many years ago:

In a car, broken down in the middle of the night, in the centre of Australia, over a hundred miles from any town.

We waited for hours for anyone to come past to help us; with no luck.

I grew tired and lay down in the back seat to sleep when I was aroused, or compelled by the need to express something to my companions.

“In half an hour a man and his wife will arrive in a Land Rover, the back is full of junk, and they will tow us back to town”

After my ‘outburst’ I fell asleep.

I was awoken by my friends, “you were wrong” they said, “it has been forty five minutes”.

A man had stopped his four wheel drive, and towed us back to our town.

It is not possible that I guessed this occurring, I would have a better chance of winning the lottery (which I never have), this was real, I was close to sleep when the need to evoke this vision occurred, it was not a conscious event and were it not to have come to fruition I would have forgotten about it by the next day.

I never saw the man or his wife, but I did see the car, in my vision the rear of the vehicle was enclosed, in reality it had an open canopy, that part of my vision was definitely wrong.

Was this a premonition? Or a wish come true, why did I never see the driver?

I have so many questions and no answers, I want to understand all of the theories, explanations.

Timothy

Welcome to UM @Psy_Curious,

It would be simple to prove. Just record all of your ‘premonitions’ in as much detail as possible, before the fact.

Youll find out pretty quickly if it’s real or just your imagination. 

As for the car story; it just sounds like coincidence.

Psy_Curious

Thanks Timothy,

I think you've hit on my problem, where's the difference between imagination and premonition?  Do you write your entire life in a book?.  How do the 'true psychics' understand the difference?

XenoFish

Sounds like confirmation bias to me.

• Like 2

John from Lowell
10 hours ago, Psy_Curious said:

Thanks Timothy,

I think you've hit on my problem, where's the difference between imagination and premonition?  Do you write your entire life in a book?.  How do the 'true psychics' understand the difference?

Hello,

My understanding is that the imagination itself is always a factor for both day dreaming as well as premonitions. However the difference with the precognition is that you get what I call an energetic spike with the intuition/vision.

There is some thing called the Field where all energetic potentials are known. We are all connected to it kind of like a collective consciousness. That man and his wife in the land rover were following a travel plan which would put them in contact with you. You were able to sense that and spoke about it to your companions.

These things are not real for most of us. There is no rational explanation for how these things work. The reality is that it does work and a few of us use it.

John

• Like 1

Piney
2 hours ago, John from Lowell said:

There is some thing called the Field where all energetic potentials are known. We are all connected to it kind of like a collective consciousness.

It's called "Maanituu", "Musubi", "Q'i", "Skan" or "Orenda".

• Like 1

Emma_Acid
On 28/10/2018 at 5:41 AM, Psy_Curious said:

If you see the future how do you communicate it?  Differentiating between fact and imagination is the problem.  How do you explain it to someone and have them accept it as fact.

Don't tell me that it works, tell me how it works.