Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Furry' friends gathering.

Tia

The city of San Jose, California is hosting a convention this weekend for about 1700 "furries" - people who love animals so much, they take on their identies by sometimes dressing up to look like them.

Part costume party and part role play, Further Confusion or FurCon, gives grown- ups a place to act out their inter-species fantasies.

The convention includes workshops on such things as puppetry, costume-making and furry anatomy.

"But just because it's weird, it's still perfectly normal to the people involved in it" said raccoon wannabee Lee Storm.

Taken from The Sunday Telegaph Australia.

At least it's not as bad as plushies. blink.gif

Edited by Tia

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• warden

• SilverCougar

• AztecInca

• MadEyePixie

I've always considared this one of the weirdest aspects of modorn human society. rolleyes.gif

I saw this kinda thing on MTV once... thumbdown.gif Sorry, but I'll stick with human women. There's just so much to love about them... thumbsup.gif

I think they took the "Party Animal" thought too far....

Well if thats what they like, then I guess its ok for them, sort of.....

To me, thats a bit disturbing....

This is nothing new.. or bizaar. This happens all the time. There's tons of cons out there for furries.

Sheesh... let them have thier fun.. ain't hurting you. And MTV... showed what would give them ratings... hyped up crap.

This is nothing new.. or bizaar.  This happens all the time.  There's tons of cons out there for furries.

Sheesh...  let them have thier fun.. ain't hurting you.  And MTV... showed what would give them ratings...  hyped up crap.

463180[/snapback]

Oh Silver your furry pic is turning me on wacko.gif

what furry pic? ;P It's a cougar. Bury your sarcasm.

So it is ,my drugs had not kicked in yet,now they have.... 

2nd that. YES!!!

is, is, yes! Coyote saw one of those people before. Disney land is sooo creepy!

Is why don't they just act like regular peoples?

I saw an episode of CSI that covered a murder that occured during a furry convention...it was hillarious...

I had no idea that any part of the segment was into such a thing. I guess it is no different than the hard core RPG Dungeons and Dragons folks...or the Star Wars/Star Trek convention people...

tongue.gif I saw that too Fluffy...and it was hillarious. I'd never heard of such a thing before... w00t.gifblink.gif

I saw an episode of CSI that covered a murder that occured during a furry convention...it was hillarious...

I had no idea that any part of the segment was into such a thing. I guess it is no different than the hard core RPG Dungeons and Dragons folks...or the Star Wars/Star Trek convention people...

463681[/snapback]

I have that one on my hard drive *snickers*

I'd guess as well.. I have artist friends go to them because furry art sells. And no, not all of it is secual orianted.

I guess I speak up for this is because I have friends who are in that furry gandra... and they aren't the freaks and "yiff crazy" as MTV or any other glam and hyped cable channel portrays them as. If they accually did a show on the normal mondane sorts... they wouldn't have the ratings, now would they?

Those do exist, yeah... but every gandra has it's freaks... I mean, hell.. the goths have people who are "vampires" and drink blood in some odd secual ritual... Conservitives have people who think women should be barefoot and pregnant ...

Well.... I've honestly not seen much on the furry lifestyle.... but so-what if they meet up? These gatherings happen all the time....

There was a CSI episode about this. And I believe it was in the Shining.

That part of the Shinin scared the p*** outta me. Heres a link for it.

http://www.retrocrush.com/scary/61.html

Thats scary...

465311[/snapback]

tongue.gif beat me to it BM grin2.gif there was a CSI episode about it. It was very...interesting. I never knew things like that exsisted blink.gif

If they like it, let 'em have their fun. I go to anime conventions, and I've seen people dress up like that there.

Pfft! Fursuiting is fun! thumbsup.gif I wanna go there ^^ *will drag Jessie with her*

Edited by nightmare_girl