Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Spiros

Giza: astral vs geographical theories

237 posts in this topic

Kenemet
2 minutes ago, Spiros said:

In my new book I deal with mountains of the Sinai peninsula as also another one in African Egypt. It is called Gabal Sha'ib El Banat. It's altitude is 7,175 ft. Egyptologist should take a new look at what the ancient Egyptians wrote to see if they have overlooked things that might point to this mountain.

What makes you think that they have overlooked things... other than perhaps they haven't recorded inscriptions there because nobody's found any?  Shouldn't there be temples there if the area was important?  And settlements?  This was a pattern in Egypt - important areas did have temples and settlements (the same pattern follows in Greece and elsewhere around the world.)  And the place should appear in prayers and other references, right?

So what have you found in the original Egyptian sources from that area that shows it's an important place?

• Like 1

jaylemurph
4 hours ago, Spiros said:

In my new book I deal with mountains of the Sinai peninsula as also another one in African Egypt. It is called Gabal Sha'ib El Banat. It's altitude is 7,175 ft. Egyptologist should take a new look at what the ancient Egyptians wrote to see if they have overlooked things that might point to this mountain.

You forgot scare quotes: your new “book.”

—Jaylemurph

• Like 1

Hanslune
On 12/13/2018 at 8:14 PM, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Well, someone with the shape of the head you have WOULD mock Phreonology, wouldn’t you!

What you are picking on me? I have the lovely sculpted head of a Greek god or so Rupert tells me but he says that to get me to give him fresh slugs to eat.

Have you viewed Harte's head? This is an image of Harte taken when he was 32 and being placed under arrest for excessive ear growth.

glV7o7G.jpg

Edited by Hanslune
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

kmt_sesh
57 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

What you are picking on me? I have the lovely sculpted head of a Greek god or so Rupert tells me but he says that to get me to give him fresh slugs to eat.

Have you viewed Harte's head? This is an image of Harte taken when he was 32 and being placed under arrest for excessive ear growth.

glV7o7G.jpg

Sir, you must be mistaken. Cameras had yet to be invented when Harte was 32.

• Like 1

Harte
10 hours ago, Hanslune said:

glV7o7G.jpg

I heard you typing that.

Harte

• Haha 4

Hanslune
23 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

Sir, you must be mistaken. Cameras had yet to be invented when Harte was 32.

The drawing is by Rupert using modern techniques - his memory was scared by  Harte's appearance and his forcing him to do quadratic equations with rocks and bits of cheese.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Harte

Of course, problems assigned to Rupert all had imaginary roots.

Harte

• Haha 1

jaylemurph

Thought I'd share this little discovery. I googled myself and found an interesting result on, of all things, a site dedicated to gematria. I only know of one person interested in that sort of thing, our friend Spiros.

Here's the link: https://www.gematrix.org/?word=i love to meet jaylemurph in public id break every bone in his body

So, uhh, Spiros: how do you manage to square away this sort of nastiness with your oh-so-public Christianity? Maybe you'd like to walk back your public threats of violence against me?

--Jaylemurph 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Kenemet
34 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

Thought I'd share this little discovery. I googled myself and found an interesting result on, of all things, a site dedicated to gematria. I only know of one person interested in that sort of thing, our friend Spiros.

Here's the link: https://www.gematrix.org/?word=i love to meet jaylemurph in public id break every bone in his body

So, uhh, Spiros: how do you manage to square away this sort of nastiness with your oh-so-public Christianity? Maybe you'd like to walk back your public threats of violence against me?

--Jaylemurph 

Forgot to convert it to Greek.  THEN you convert to Gematria.  It's not valid, you know, unless it's first converted into modern Greek.

...though the other things with the same value are interesting, aren't they?  Did you really become queen on March 25, 2013?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Spiros
On 12/15/2018 at 3:02 PM, Kenemet said:

What makes you think that they have overlooked things... other than perhaps they haven't recorded inscriptions there because nobody's found any?  Shouldn't there be temples there if the area was important?  And settlements?  This was a pattern in Egypt - important areas did have temples and settlements (the same pattern follows in Greece and elsewhere around the world.)  And the place should appear in prayers and other references, right?

So what have you found in the original Egyptian sources from that area that shows it's an important place?

Egypt is different from Greece. It is hotter and drier. It has a desert. The ancient Egyptian cities were mostly placed around the Nile not just anyplace, like on the outskirts of a mountain. In contrast to sacred sites in Greece:

delphi-top.jpg

They thus chose to encode it in a different way. Far from the mountain.

Kenemet
19 minutes ago, Spiros said:

Egypt is different from Greece. It is hotter and drier. It has a desert. The ancient Egyptian cities were mostly placed around the Nile not just anyplace, like on the outskirts of a mountain. In contrast to sacred sites in Greece:

delphi-top.jpg

They thus chose to encode it in a different way. Far from the mountain.

uhm... you're aware that there are inscriptions and graffiti there from the miners, right?  It it's so holy, why are they digging for copper and other ores there (and if they did, why isn't the copper from that area given a special sacred designation.)

In any case, what you suggested was that Egyptologists were overlooking information that indicated the place was sacred to the Egyptians.

...I'd also like to know how the Egyptians could have encoded it when nobody would be speaking or writing the modern Greek used in gematria for 3,000 years.

Also - the Egyptians didn't claim that area until the New Kingdom: https://www.ancient-egypt-online.com/ancient-egypt-maps.html  

If it was important to their religion, they would have visited it and have claimed it.  Or have you forgotten the wars to reclaim Jerusalem (to cite the struggle over another holy place)?

Edited by Kenemet
  • Like 2

Harte
4 hours ago, jaylemurph said:

--Jaylemurph 

That's just pitiful that the guy wants to break your bones so runs and hides in this simply asinine Gematria.

A lot like thumb-sucking, only far more childish, not to mention wimpy.

Harte

• Like 2