Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Empath abilities

Crit

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

You might think I'm a hater on psychic abilities, that's fine, it's your opinion to have. The thing is I am an empath. I've made mention of this before. It's a natural ability, some of us have our mirror neurons dialed to 11. Couple this with strong intuition and it does seem paranormal or supernatural. In a way its a form of sensory overload. 

That would’ve been a more than adequate response to begin with. It is logical and relatable. Not sarcastic at all and it doesn’t have an agenda behind it. I mostly agree with you on this 

27 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

This OP talks about putting thoughts into other people's minds (not cool) sometimes. He/she can read minds at times (dangerous ground there). Feelings, tingly feelings, which sound like heart chakra related phenomenon. The OP describes feeling peace and love when thinking of loved ones. The karmic load of someone abusing this is massive, whether they think of themselves as an Empath or just a very sensitive person.

Ahah wait a minute! Never did I ever say I put thoughts into people’s heads or read minds. I was asking other and older if they have. And idk ab all that chakra and karmic  stuff. That’s why this whole thing was me ASKING others. I’ve watched so many videos of people claiming to do this and I’ve never rlly understood it in actuality. And that sensation could literally just be a nice fuzzy feeling that you get when you love someone. And me being able to send vibrations in my body could just be me being in tune with my body like anyone else could be 

32 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

He says he wants enlightenment, yet is not interested in others who have lived through this and evolved for decades past the "tingles". So, I have to assume s/he is not ready to do that and am moving on, just I hate for people to be confused about what it really is. 

I’d prefer you not speak for me. If you came to me offering advice from the perspective of someone who went through it all, then I’d be so receptive and now I hear and understand you. Before you just said that it’s not anything different from human experience and that I should just go help in a soup kitchen. Not helpful. 

4 hours ago, Crit said:

I’d prefer you not speak for me. If you came to me offering advice from the perspective of someone who went through it all, then I’d be so receptive and now I hear and understand you. Before you just said that it’s not anything different from human experience and that I should just go help in a soup kitchen. Not helpful. 

It is what you said. As for some of the rest of the static here, forums are communities, each unique and to belong we get to know each other and there can be collisions as well when you have a ton of thinking, diverse people, as are here, who range from extreme believers in anything to extreme skeptics and all ranges in between.

Working in a soup kitchen IS helpful for a 17 year old looking to understand how so much feeling and sense of others can be good and bad. Some of my best insights came during the few months I worked in a bar as a bartender when I was 18 (it was legal age then, idk what it is now). Seeing pain can really ground it out and open your eyes. I pretty much quit drinking as a result.

If you are serious, then understand the world out there, especially on youtube, is full of jerks who will tell you anything, pretend anything, for your clicks and the pursuit of ad revenue. This whole "Empath" thing is one of the latest scams and we see about one young person a month coming through, making claims very similar to yours and getting mad and going away in a snit because we tried to tell him/her that it is not "all that" by itself. You need to open your eyes and become the biggest believing (in yourself) skeptic (about what you are told) in your world if you mean to pursue anything much these days but ten times so if it remotely has anything to do with paranormal...whatever that word even means anymore. Why scam? Because so many kids need so much to feel they know something about themselves and are special and it is simplicity itself to convince nearly any young person that their natural angst and stress of early adulthood is proof they are an Empath.

Most are empathic, kids today are surprisingly cool that way and very often leap to help if they know about a need. Some are out of control with it. Others, as perhaps you are, have that extra dose of it, but also a sense that it is for some larger purpose, and for you, it possibly is.

As I said earlier, being an "Empath" is not an arrival point, just a door. It is an adjective, not a noun. You have this as a potential asset to infuse something extra in what your real talents are. You will be considering college soon (maybe?) or a trade, you are at a big point in life, and here is this well of emotions and a host of youtube peeps making it out to be a big issue and it is actually very simple. It is an early lesson in magic 101, or success 101, or maturity 101, take your pick.

Balance. Self control. Your goal, if you choose to accept this mission, is to learn how to control the roller coaster effect of your emotions and try to avoid labelling it as something. It is just a natural part of being you and it deserves respect and to be protected, but also controlled and under your will. Resist the notion that it is special, because there are others out there, too, and humility is a sweet thing to run into later if you ever find a true Master. Start to develop it now and cut years off your journey to excellence. 

In my life, my two major professions were military and being a cop. I liked both jobs for different reasons, but being a cop was the best for me, because I could use my empathy for others, my learned self control and balance daily. I was able to touch many people in some of their worst times with a bit of extra love or compassion when they most needed it and least expected it. I am retired now, I write and occasionally post here and debate or advise or bs with friends. I used to teach various paranormal things but do not do that nowadays. 

Your choices for yourself will be different. Maybe you will also go the stealth route as I did and work with your Empath side in a field where it is not expected. Maybe you will instead start a charity or develop a needed resource for a third world community. Maybe you will be a pastor in a religion or sell shoes. But, what that Empath inside you does is infuse what you do into a deeper meaning and task if you relate connect to it. You do your job, but you are also there to inject caring into your contacts with others.

It is no minor thing to do this. It is a real calling from Spirit to bring peace, to bring a smile, to bring caring and genuine emotion to people out there anymore. The more in tune you get the clearer you can know who really needs that smile right now. Some of the biggest Masters on the planet right now are in some of the most unexpected places reaching out to those who need a bit of light where they are.

Maybe you can see that already. Maybe you will in ten years. 

Just take your time and really hear the tripe being said, the namby pamby feel good trash about being an Empath and open your eyes to see that they are blowing smoke at your expense. Nobody can really make a difference with all that drama. But a warrior with a heart in the right place can, and there is nothing easy or lightweight or namby pamby about that.

Anyway, that is about all I have to say about it in public, between handing candy out at the door. You may not like what I said, or how Xeno worded his replies to you, but we both have been around some mean blocks in our decades out here and for all we are very different, and came different roads, we do agree on some things. That being an Empath is something of a misleading label is one of them. It is as if the world wants to stop you with thinking this is it instead of telling you this is just an asset to go with you on the way, and it defines some of your first tasks to get there - self control, compassion, learning how to see honestly and accept other people without necessarily accepting what they do or think. 

It is a great thing, but, it is also very human.

Good wishes.

NAR

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

ey are blowing smoke at your expense. Nobody can really make a difference with all that drama. But a warrior with a heart in the right place can, and there is nothing easy or lightweight or namby pamby about that.

See I loved this complete response! (I didn’t want to quote the entire thing just to save space) but it made sense, answered my questions, had your concerns with reasons why, didn’t have an overwhelming agenda, and is from the right perspective. I trust what YOU say and want you to know that it’s an exploration thing. Nothing is set in stone and i think that I’ve said it a couple of times. I never have an issue with differing opinions, but when people are coming from a place of disrespect and discrediting my life experiences and making light of it, I want them to know how they sound and then they’re usually shook lol. People love spitting out heartless words behind a screen because they feel empowered to do so but they never know what’s on the other side which could lead to a cycle of ugliness. Btw just so you think I don’t do anything right now, I work with inner city families and bringing light and positivity to their lives. I really appreciate all that you’ve said and the amount of perspective and experience it gives. And I agree with the YouTube thing, people just want to get views and do so by fooling people. I really want to express how grateful I am for your response and it helps life make a lot more sense. You don’t get these responses when looking at empaths usually ever which is unfortunate.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

What negative effects do you think 'magical thinking' has on society? What sort of numbers of people do you think are negatively affected?

Wow, ok.

By "magical thinking" I mean - something that is to all intents and purposes impossible, yet people unquestioningly believe them to be real anyway. Believing in these things, no matter how "harmless" creates a middle ground that allows extremes to develop.

People think homeopathy or believing spirits exist are perfectly harmless, but allowing these beliefs through the door directly result in people throwing away their cancer treatment in favour of herbs or children being accused of witch craft and being tortured to death.

People die because of magical thinking. Given there is approximately zero evidence either for "empath abilities" or homeopathy curing HIV, can you explain exactly what the difference is to me? Both are to all intents and purposes impossible, both require magical thinking.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

I don't think there are many people who try to 'pray away' an illness and exclude medical help.

But it does happen, and its probably more common than you think. My mum had cancer, and a friend of hers "diagnosed it" as being due to "past-life traumas". Had my mom been less skeptically minded than she is, she may have bought into it, and who can say where this would have led? Binning her medication? Throwing her pension at useless psychic sessions? She would be dead by now.

There is no line between believing you have psychic abilities and thinking that overdosing on vitamins can cure a fatal disease, given that both have zero evidence to back them up.

• 1 month later...

Ah but that is the plot line twist in the story of psychic abilities. Are they paranormal? Maybe not. Maybe nothing really is. But if they aren't paranormal, isn't the ability to hold on to something natural, Like empathy, in a world full of pain, hatred, and suffering a superhuman ability in and of itself. The super human part coming as the ability to not turn away as the majority of the world does.

I think its all dependent upon this equation

Magickal Thinking + Common Sense = Peace

Magickal Thinking - Common Sense = Chaos

and for most Chaos = Bad

• 1 month later...

If you would like help finding a community that could actually be helpful to you with being an Empath, away from negative people (which I don't get honestly) who confuse opinions with fact let me know, I'm apart of some fantastic online communities that are very loving and understanding, something that UM, unfortunately, does not have, love and light to you my friend!

• 3 months later...

Ufo-guy. I would like to know of places of community for empaths. I am one and like someplace loving to talk with about things.