Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost talking to my daughter

UnsureMum

Just ignore it. Nonething it can do can hurt you.

Ignore it and it will go away. 

Ignore psychics and scammers.

Giving it attention just invites it into your life. Just ignore it and nonething will happen.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Giving it attention just invites it into your life. Just ignore it and nonething will happen.

As I thought personally.. probably one of the best comments on here. Thank you. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jamesjr191 said:

I dont see much chance of that when the OP believes family members have been in influenced by unseen (and non-existent) entities, and believes or puts faith in the stories that are read off the world wide web of b.s. aka. known as the internet.

"I also have one family member who decided to do something stupid but proves that there are spirits present in our world. Besides the people I know there are so many different stories online and I am pretty sure that not all of those are in the head or lies."

I also wish you the best in solving your issues but i don't see you having any real success until you let go of the 'spooky' ideas. Not much chance of that happening though, we believe what we want to believe. That is not likely to change no matter whom you are.

So you are saying my family is lying? I don't agree you should be putting out your belief so strong .. put it this way a lot of people could strongly disagree with you and have had experiences knowing that this is real .. express your opinion a totally agree but don't put it across so strong to basically say someone is lying. 

I know there's so much bull**** out there. What is the programme on TV they used to have I can't remember but where they go ghost hunting and they go in these houses and talk to them have things flying off the table rararaara. Yes that is b******s it's all staged made up a lot of it is. But also a lot of it isn't.  

By what other people say I am glad for you I really am that you are so sure they domt exist because it means they'll never come to you. So honestly it's the best way to be. Just don't be so strong about it in the point to telling people that it's definitely not. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Avalanche said:

If you want to banish whatever you believe is there just banish it with an LBPR can be found on youtube.

Don't know what that is.. I will have a look.

On 11/1/2018 at 6:16 AM, UnsureMum said:

I have not already made my mind up and I am welcome to any answers!

I just read through this post. You are not at all open to all answers. You made it clear on the first reply offering you real, proven, possibilities. And you came back with " are you a non-believer"?

You do not want help, or answers. When I see responses like that, I even wonder if the person is not making it all up for attention.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

I remember when I asked how to invite things in. No one could answer, and those that suggested things, they did not work. There is no "it" to invite in.

Just what is going on in ones mind.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

How do you find a quality psychic, in and amongst all the fakes and fruit loops out there... Is there an organisation of recommended proven professionals? this is an honest question, not having a skeptical dig at you, I am by no means a skeptic.

My best thought is testimonies of normal seeming people that have used the psychic's services and a preliminary sit down session with the psychic to get your own impression of quality. And then if you do employ their service, only consider (not blindly believe) what you are told. If the situation becomes really serious you might get the impressions of more than one psychic. No I have no perfect suggestion but just the best one I can come up with,

Edited by papageorge1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Sakari said:

Just what is going on in ones mind.

If memory servers I address that very thing in your thread. That people haunt themselves. They will create associations based on their beliefs. Creaky floorboard, it's a ghost. Saw a shadow at night, it's a ghost. Someone ate the last pop-tart, it's a demon. Kid talking in their sleep because they're having a nightmare/bad dream, it's a ghost. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/11/2018 at 5:37 PM, XenoFish said:

If memory servers I address that very thing in your thread. That people haunt themselves. They will create associations based on their beliefs. Creaky floorboard, it's a ghost. Saw a shadow at night, it's a ghost. Someone ate the last pop-tart, it's a demon. Kid talking in their sleep because they're having a nightmare/bad dream, it's a ghost. 

LOL you are so over the top. You all clearly do not know where I'm coming from.. not a very nice website. Think I'll stick to reddit!

Edited by UnsureMum
Spelling mistake

Your family sound a very open and aware lot,unlike most on here.I've experienced this stuff as a kid till now,I'm 55.There's not much you can do imo but It may be the house and its history.Moving may rid you of these entities but if you and yours are that open you will always experience something paranormal.You just get used to it.Your not crazy just open 

23 minutes ago, UnsureMum said:

not a very nice website

Not if your a believer.

33 minutes ago, UnsureMum said:

LOL you are so over the top. You all clearly do not know where I'm coming from.. not a very nice website. Think I'll stick to reddit!

No it's honest and my comment was to another member not you. But what I stated is what people do. You've been given explanations. Do what you wish. 

The website is fine if you actual want explanations and answers.

Edited by XenoFish

On 11/2/2018 at 8:41 AM, UnsureMum said:

So honestly it's the best way to be. Just don't be so strong about it in the point to telling people that it's definitely not. 

Ghosts definitely do not exist.  

• Haha 1

Hi, UnsureMum. I've had some similar experiences in this house and I too have a six year old daughter. I just wanted to tell you this so that you know that other people have experienced these things. We moved here 12 years ago, it's an old house built in 1875 and divided into three flats. We have the top floor and an attic and the lower floors have been divided into two flats. Nothing much happened until our first daughter was born six years ago and then a few odd things occurred. The main events were when my wife was feeding my daughter in the bedroom and afterwards asked me what I was doing in the attic. I told her I had been in the sitting room watching TV. She laughed and said yes but I heard you walking around moving things. I hadn't but I said I did as I didn't want her to get scared. This happened again a couple of times but I never heard anything myself weirdly. When my daughter was a bit older my mum came to visit and we all went out for lunch and to visit my in-laws. When we came home the lady who lives in the downstairs flat asked who had been in the house when we were out. She said there was so much noise it sounded like we were getting building work done. Another time when I had been home overnight on my own she asked what I had been doing between 6:30 and 7am - it sounded like I had been dancing and jumping around. I didn't get up until 7am. Anyway, the main thing I wanted to tell you was that I and my daughter have heard voices occasionally usually during the daytime or early evening. Once I heard what sounded like a young girl or woman behind me when I was in the kitchen saying something but I couldn't make out what they said. I turned round to answer as I thought it was my wife. No one was there as my wife was out with my daughter. That's happened a few times. When my daughter was in the bath one night and my wife was out I went to get a drink of water and when I came back she looked really scared and said she'd heard someone say hello. I said maybe it was coming from outside but she said no, it came from behind the bathroom door and sounded like a little girl. I said it was probably coming from downstairs so don't be scared but she said it was too loud to be from downstairs. The most recent incident was when my wife and daughter were in the shower and I needed to use the toilet. As I went in and closed the door, the door flew open really dramatically like someone had pushed it hard from behind. I was startled but managed to not let my wife and daughter know what had happened. I've since tried to replicate this by opening windows and doors to see if it could've been caused by a sudden draught of wind. No luck so far and it wasn't even a windy day. I think there is something as yet unexplainable that causes these phenomena. Maybe they're like old tape recordings that play back when something triggers them. I find it very interesting but slightly concerning when it scares my wife and daughter. I'm not scared of whatever it is, just really interested in what's causing it. My mum has had experienced too and has heard voices. My family were all staying in an old house for my birthday treat one year and in the morning my mum asked me and my brother if we were up early chatting at about 5am. We hadn't as I never get up that early! She couldn't make out what the voices were saying but she said there were two men having a conversation in soft low voices outside her bedroom. She went to have a look and it stopped, the house was in darkness. When she went back to bed it started again and then gradually faded away. That sort of fits my theory of an old recording playing back for some reason. Anyway, sorry for the long, rambling story but I hope it helps in some way and don't feel down that people criticise you or don't believe you. We know what happened, they don't. Thanks for reading and good luck with whatever you decide to do. 

On 02/11/2018 at 11:41 PM, UnsureMum said:

So you are saying my family is lying? I don't agree you should be putting out your belief so strong ..

But it's YOU that is making it 'so strong'.  People exaggerating, or simply reporting what they remember (which does NOT equal what actually happened 95% of the time) are not 'lying'.  It's your use of that word that is intended to take the debate where you want it to go, and then pull out the "I'm being bullied" card.

put it this way a lot of people could strongly disagree with you and have had experiences knowing that this is real .. express your opinion a totally agree but don't put it across so strong to basically say someone is lying.

You are the one using that term - doing it twice just shows how desperately you want to create a divide, and also that you deny the well-proven issues with human memory.  Just like you, I'm also pretty sure that all those stories aren't 'lies' as such - they are much more likely simple exaggerations, misrememberings, false memories, Chinese Whispers, media beatups or explainable by pareidolia, pattern matching, intuition, empathy, coincidence, psychology, etc.

I know there's so much bull**** out there.

But *your* story, of course, isn't.....?  And why (again) the use of harsh descriptors?

I'd happily accept that this is all accurate and factual.. *if* there was proper evidence.  And for all those other stories, how do you reconcile the fact that not one of all the similar stories out there, is backed up with evidence?  Given our new age of surveillance cameras, phone cameras, dashcams, etc etc, don't you think it might be sensible for us, who like to solve *real* mysteries, to look at mundane/known/scientific/psychological phenomena as the first explanation?

Yes that is b******s it's all staged made up a lot of it is. But also a lot of it isn't.  

And the default position, given these beliefs are part of a cultural phenomenom, but are *not* and never have been properly evidenced, is that in fact all of it *is*.  Whatever really happened is almost certainly explainable.

By what other people say I am glad for you I really am that you are so sure they domt exist because it means they'll never come to you. So honestly it's the best way to be. Just don't be so strong about it in the point to telling people that it's definitely not. 

From my viewpoint, it seems we are simply saying that if ti is explainable (and also is not well-evidenced), then it may as well not exist.

Otherwise, my theory (of this all being Invisible Pink Unicorns at work), is just as viable.  Do you not accept IPU's?  They are just as likely and just as well-evidenced.........

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 1

oh this is the end eh!?!?!?!?

BOO! ,,, I do like the pink unicorns.  Oh and that question on " how to find a quality psychic.... sort of like finding some psychotic clown in a clown suit to show up attempting to be a psychic box of rocks and crackers reader.   I guess that could work but I wouldn't count on the unicorn popcorn farts.

In conclusion:   Whatever flips your pancakes bakes your cake or toots your horn..  now that's the cats meow TOOT TOOT !   :   D

My advice is maybe set up a baby monitor  and  some sort of camera in each of the childrens rooms. You can also set up a camera with audio  in some other places in the house. It might be the baby monitors will pick up  the voice  your daughter hears. With the camera, it might  go and pick up some figure  or orb or whatever in the kids rooms. Wouldn't  know how to find a psychic medium, but you  might be able to ask   if your a church goer, (or not) your parish priest if Catholic or minister if  protestant to do a house blessing or something.There are paranormal groups in England to ask for help. The Ghost Club was founded in the 1800s in England to investigate the paranormal, they have been around  a real long time.