Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Possible Ramp Found (Great Pyramid)

LucidElement

39 minutes ago, LucidElement said:

Dont know how to shorten a link =).

Anyways this is a really interesting find because if in fact they did find a ramp, then many believers in E.Ts may have a decision to face.

Very interesting, Lucid.  The Fox article links to a LiveScience piece as its source:  https://www.livescience.com/63978-great-pyramid-ramp-discovered.html:.  A couple excerpts:

They discovered the remains of this system at the site of Hatnub, an ancient quarry in the Eastern Desert of Egypt. The contraption would have been used to transport heavy alabaster stones up a steep ramp, according to the archaeologists working at the site, from the Institut français d'archéologie orientale (French Institute for Oriental Archaeology)in Cairo and from the University of Liverpool in England.

"This system is composed of a central ramp flanked by two staircases with numerous post holes," Yannis Gourdon, co-director of the joint mission at Hatnub, told Live Science. "Using a sled which carried a stone block and was attached with ropes to these wooden posts, ancient Egyptians were able to pull up the alabaster blocks out of the quarry on very steep slopes of 20 percent or more."

btw Lucid, I prefer seeing the link in its entirety anyway.  ;)

eta: just realized it looks like I'm trying to crowd in on Lucid's breaking story.  Not my intention, apologies to Lucid.  I was just hoping to flesh out the find a little for readers here. 

Edited by The Wistman
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

34 minutes ago, LucidElement said:

Dont know how to shorten a link =).

Anyways this is a really interesting find because if in fact they did find a ramp, then many believers in E.Ts may have a decision to face.

Nah. They would just ignore it like the mountains of other evidence showing that it wasn't built by aliens.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, TonopahRick said:

Maybe the Aliens built the ramp so the people could drag the stones easier.:D

True enough, though if they make it too slippery, the drag on the ramp may turn out to be curiously problematic.

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

Well that settles it. It looks as if it really musta been ramps. Those stinky footed bumpkins should pulled the wool over our eyes.

• Like 2

I heard about this a few months back when they had some new radar technology that penetrated the pyramids to find secret tunnels and tombs. It showed how they gradually brought up the stones using the ramp. Maybe Natgeo Sci or History channel but sure u can look it up somewhere

nahhh, it's a magnetic alien spaceship launch system powered by piezoelectric energy produced by the pyramid weight !

Use common sense !

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Like 1

It'll be interesting to see the schematics of how it was supposed to work.  I wonder might they have used counterweights?

• Like 1

Obviously it wasn't aliens, so yeah, ramp.

Excellent stuff. Anther big leap forward for orthodox theory, another nail in the coffin for wackado fringe fancy. It's an interesting article and an important find.

4 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Where are the geysers?

I think the Annunaki used them for the propulsion of their space ships back to Nibiru with our gold.:whistle:

jmccr8

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

I think the Annunaki used them for the propulsion of their space ships back to Nibiru with our gold.:whistle:

jmccr8

The scumbags. That's our bloody gold!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, seanjo said:

Hope this helps!

ramp.jpg

Interesting, from what pyramid is that hieroglyphic imagine from? 

Did the aliens do it?

• Haha 1

Are people seriousy suggesting that that little sandy slope was the technique they used in building the Great Pyramid? SERIOUSLY?:rolleyes:

21 minutes ago, Champagne Supernova said:

Are people seriousy suggesting that that little sandy slope was the technique they used in building the Great Pyramid? SERIOUSLY?:rolleyes:

Any better ideas? 

55 minutes ago, Champagne Supernova said:

Here Mister Oasis, I've met all the aliens and can confirm none of then had anything to do with the pyramids.

• Haha 1

On 11/1/2018 at 5:47 PM, Jon the frog said:

nahhh, it's a magnetic alien spaceship launch system powered by piezoelectric energy produced by the pyramid weight !

Use common sense !

Nonononono!  It was used for launching humans toward the stars.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Champagne Supernova said:

I know, it was Geisers. It why the plateau is named the Geiser plateau. 

• Haha 4

23 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

Excellent stuff. Anther big leap forward for orthodox theory, another nail in the coffin for wackado fringe fancy. It's an interesting article and an important find.

There's not enough wood left in it to float, yet they push it into the river anyway. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

There's not enough wood left in it to float, yet they push it into the river anyway. 

The nails must be very buoyant.

I think this is a pretty big stretch. They've found a quarry ramp, which was fashioned out of the natural landscape, providing a stable base for the posts. That's very different from a constructed ramp as they would use for a pyramid--presumably it would need to be extra-wide to accommodate the post system, and the posts would constantly be exerting forces trying to tear the ramp down.

• Like 1