Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Possible Ramp Found (Great Pyramid)

LucidElement

5 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

... how on earth is Hall of Maat even tolerating such fringies?

Looking at the front page, it says "Weighing the evidence for alternative history."  So, before they can be debated, alternative views presumably have to be presented.

20 hours ago, NicoletteS said:

Im a little lost. This is a wonderful and long overdue discovery... but how does that prove/disprove anything relating to e.t.s?

It obviously proves that ET's used ramps. :rolleyes:

This is how the pyramids were really built by aliens:

Pyramids were built by aliens. The picture states that Egyptian pyramids were built by aliens, and then pictures said aliens as slaves instead of high-tech race

On a more serious note, why would any work done by real acheologists include aliens ?

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

It obviously proves that ET's used ramps. :rolleyes:

This is how the pyramids were really built by aliens:

Pyramids were built by aliens. The picture states that Egyptian pyramids were built by aliens, and then pictures said aliens as slaves instead of high-tech race

On a more serious note, why would any work done by real acheologists include aliens ?

Love that graphic, it was just what I was imagining :D

15 hours ago, Lord Harry said:

Cladking thinks the ramp is actually a road, while Boris and Spiros are still promoting their own pet theories, and completely ignoring the new archaeological evidence.

A road, in the middle of an alabaster quarry, that goes...where exactly?

15 hours ago, Lord Harry said:

We have all reminded him.  But he is simply rehashing his tired old "the word ramp isn't attested from the Pyramid Age," "Egyptologists make predetermined assumptions about the evidence" blah blah blah.  He has addressed nothing of any substance other than claiming the structure is "too long" to be a ramp.

Gotta love how he turns on a dime with his "The AE spoke in metaphor" spiel when it doesn't work in his favor.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Oniomancer said:

A road, in the middle of an alabaster quarry, that goes...where exactly?

Probably to another alabaster quarry.

Those alabasterds like to stay in touch.

Harte

• Haha 4

@kmt_sesh @Kenemet et all... Is any one aware of royal cartouches being associated with paved roads in ancient Egypt? Especially during the Old Kingdom?

I have been unable to find any information. Thank you in advance.

Edited by Lord Harry

35 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

@kmt_sesh @Kenemet et all... Is any one aware of royal cartouches being associated with paved roads in ancient Egypt? Especially during the Old Kingdom?

It might depend on where and what usage.  If I recall correctly, there weren't a lot of paved roads around; most were in mortuary/temple complexes and went only relatively short distances (less than a few kilometers.)  I have heard/read somewhere about inscriptions, etc, on roads but can't call anything to mind beyond that.  There are cartouches associated with military roads, yes, and graffiti associated with trade roads but both these types of roads were not paved.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

It might depend on where and what usage.  If I recall correctly, there weren't a lot of paved roads around; most were in mortuary/temple complexes and went only relatively short distances (less than a few kilometers.)  I have heard/read somewhere about inscriptions, etc, on roads but can't call anything to mind beyond that.  There are cartouches associated with military roads, yes, and graffiti associated with trade roads but both these types of roads were not paved.  

Thank you. I am looking for ammunition to battle Cladking over his assertion that the ramp was nothing more than a "paved road." If it can be proven royal cartouches are interested from such structures, than his entire argument will fall like a deck of cards.

On 11/1/2018 at 10:49 AM, Robotic Jew said:

Nah. They would just ignore it like the mountains of other evidence showing that it wasn't built by aliens.

Or the evidence of mountains showing that aliens made them build it. By the way aliens means foreigners, just like the 3 peak hieroglyph means foreign land.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Spiros said:

Or the evidence of mountains showing that aliens made them build it. By the way aliens means foreigners, just like the 3 peak hieroglyph means foreign land.

If you are going to promote the ever so tiresome idea that extraterrestrials built the pyramids, then you are going to have to do a Hell of a lot better than erroneously suggesting that the ability to construct such massive stone monuments was beyond the ability of ancient man.

You can start first by providing evidence for the existence of such hypothetical beings. Next you must provide convincing evidence that the aforementioned hypothetical beings visited earth during antiquity. Third, there surely must be some reason as to why such an advanced race of super intelligent beings chose to build monuments using a relatively "primitive" medium as stone rather than an advanced, otherworldly medium which would leave no doubt as to their technological sophistication. And finally, why build magnificent stone structures all over the earth spanning continents and millennia and then vanish without a trace?

If you can't answer all of the above questions satisfactorily, then your claims can safely be dismissed as pure and utter nonsense by competent authorities. 

Edited by Lord Harry
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, CryptidSeeker said:

i have tried catching up on all of this but its blowing my mind. was it aliens or not, and whats a ramp got to do wit it?

If you need to ask those question I suggest you do a lot more catching up and steer away from woo sites when you catch up.

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy

10 hours ago, Lord Harry said:

I don't know about paved roads, but if memory serves, Khufu's seal was found in the footing of the ramp at G1. You might want to look into this more carefully.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CryptidSeeker said:

i have tried catching up on all of this but its blowing my mind. was it aliens or not, and whats a ramp got to do wit it?

That's an easy one to answer. There's no such things as aliens. From space, anyway.

13 hours ago, Lord Harry said:

If you are going to promote the ever so tiresome idea that extraterrestrials built the pyramids, then you are going to have to do a Hell of a lot better than erroneously suggesting that the ability to construct such massive stone monuments was beyond the ability of ancient man.

If you think the idea is tiresome imagine how tiresome it was for the Egyptians to build it! I never claimed extraterrestrials built the pyramids. The Egyptians themselves claimed that aliens(gods) designed the pyramids. Aliens could be extraterrestrials, they can be interdimensional beings, they could be time traveling humans, they could be a number of things. You need to investigate the facts. Even hard-core ufologists like Erik Fon Deneken agree that the pyramids were physically constructed by ancient Egyptians. So what it the fuss every time archeologist come up with new insight on ancient construction techniques? Can they prove that the aliens did not help the locals come up with these techniques? Probably not.

You can start first by providing evidence for the existence of such hypothetical beings. Next you must provide convincing evidence that the aforementioned hypothetical beings visited earth during antiquity.

As I said there are a lot of ancient references to these beings. If science was able to prove that the ancients could independently plan and construct these projects around the world then one might be inclined to believe that the ancient people were making things up. Since this won't be happening in the foreseeable future we must stick to what seems more probable and what can explain best the phenomena.

Third, there surely must be some reason as to why such an advanced race of super intelligent beings chose to build monuments using a relatively "primitive" medium as stone rather than an advanced, otherworldly medium which would leave no doubt as to their technological sophistication. And finally, why build magnificent stone structures all over the earth spanning continents and millennia and then vanish without a trace?

Large stone structures like the pyramids are known to withstand physical catastrophes as also human pillage. Technological sophistication in proven through the encoding of scientific knowledge -  dimensionless or physical constants, properties of numbers, geodetic or astronomical alignments etc. What makes you think that their prime and only motive was to  point out their technological sophistication? Also, how do you know they have vanished?

1 hour ago, Spiros said:

Technological sophistication in proven through the encoding of scientific knowledge -  dimensionless or physical constants, properties of numbers, geodetic or astronomical alignments etc. 

Why didn't they just write the knowledge down somewhere?  After all, the Babylonians wrote tables of reciprocals ...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Spiros said:

If you think the idea is tiresome imagine how tiresome it was for the Egyptians to build it! I never claimed extraterrestrials built the pyramids. The Egyptians themselves claimed that aliens(gods) designed the pyramids.

Please provide your source for that ridiculous claim.

7 hours ago, Spiros said:

As I said there are a lot of ancient references to these beings. If science was able to prove that the ancients could independently plan and construct these projects around the world then one might be inclined to believe that the ancient people were making things up. Since this won't be happening in the foreseeable future we must stick to what seems more probable and what can explain best the phenomena.

You demand that science prove a negative, because it's easy to prove the AE's could design and build any structure found in ancient Egypt.

You simply put stakes down on a completely untenable position and make up some happy crappy that would satisfy you enough to prod you to actually make a logical conclusion.

The quote in my signature is custom-made for you.

Harte

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Harte said:

Please provide your source for that ridiculous claim.

You demand that science prove a negative, because it's easy to prove the AE's could design and build any structure found in ancient Egypt.

You simply put stakes down on a completely untenable position and make up some happy crappy that would satisfy you enough to prod you to actually make a logical conclusion.

The quote in my signature is custom-made for you.

Harte

You might want to add that the source MUST be contemporary to the Gizamids' construction and NOT something from centuries or millenia later. 

cormac

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Spiros said:

If you think the idea is tiresome imagine how tiresome it was for the Egyptians to build it! I never claimed extraterrestrials built the pyramids. The Egyptians themselves claimed that aliens(gods) designed the pyramids. Aliens could be extraterrestrials, they can be interdimensional beings, they could be time traveling humans, they could be a number of things. You need to investigate the facts. Even hard-core ufologists like Erik Fon Deneken agree that the pyramids were physically constructed by ancient Egyptians. So what it the fuss every time archeologist come up with new insight on ancient construction techniques? Can they prove that the aliens did not help the locals come up with these techniques? Probably not.

Large stone structures like the pyramids are known to withstand physical catastrophes as also human pillage. Technological sophistication in proven through the encoding of scientific knowledge -  dimensionless or physical constants, properties of numbers, geodetic or astronomical alignments etc. What makes you think that their prime and only motive was to  point out their technological sophistication? Also, how do you know they have vanished?

Science HAS PROVEN that ancient man was capable of planning and constructing megaliths and stone monuments such as the Giza pyramids.  The only people who believe otherwise are those who are uninformed, hopelessly naive, willfully ignorant, or just plain stupid.

The only question here is to which of the above categories do you fall into sir?

• Like 2

Maybe we should invite "Cladking" in for his learned opinion? That should straighten out the issue!

Image result for ancient egypt troll

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, John Bastien said:

Maybe we should invite "Cladking" in for his learned opinion? That should straighten out the issue!

Image result for ancient egypt troll

If that happens 'may the fleas of 1000 camels infest your tent'. :lol:

cormac

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

I think @Spiros makes Cladking appear as a relative font of sanity.

Two things I thought I'd never see in a sentence "Cladking" and "font of sanity". NOW I've seen everything. :w00t:

cormac

• Haha 2