Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Possible Ramp Found (Great Pyramid)

LucidElement

Just now, cormac mac airt said:

Two things I thought I'd never see in a sentence "Cladking" and "font of sanity". NOW I've seen everything. :w00t:

cormac

Note the key word is "relative."  This is not to say Cladking is sane.  Simply an acknowledgement that he at least keeps his made up nonsense down to earth rather than citing imaginary celestial beings as the "true" builders of the pyramids.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lord Harry said:

Note the key word is "relative."  This is not to say Cladking is sane.  Simply an acknowledgement that he at least keeps his made up nonsense down to earth rather than citing imaginary celestial beings as the "true" builders of the pyramids.

He just trades imaginary geysers for those imaginary beings. It's all "relative". :D

cormac

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, John Bastien said:

Why am I listed as Ectoplasmic Residue? Or is that automatic.

It's automatic. I think you can change it at some later point but have never concerned myself with doing so. 

cormac

After him fill over 700 pages on a thread of mine I think I should get compensation for brain damage.

• Haha 2

Lets see:

1. Geyser powered stone throwers.

2. Magic Mafdet kitty cat alive in the great pyramid.

3. The Pyramid Texts are a guide to building the Great Pyramid.

and .......

3 minutes ago, John Bastien said:

Lets see:

1. Geyser powered stone throwers.

2. Magic Mafdet kitty cat alive in the great pyramid.

3. The Pyramid Texts are a guide to building the Great Pyramid.

and .......

Can't really account for how funerary texts from 150 years AFTER the GP's construction are a construction manual for it. :D

cormac

11 hours ago, Spiros said:

If you think the idea is tiresome imagine how tiresome it was for the Egyptians to build it! I never claimed extraterrestrials built the pyramids. The Egyptians themselves claimed that aliens(gods) designed the pyramids. Aliens could be extraterrestrials, they can be interdimensional beings, they could be time traveling humans, they could be a number of things....

I know of no such inscription or record made by the ancient Egyptians, Please state a credible and realistic source. By this I mean that gods built the pyramids. The Egyptians credited deities with inspiration and wisdom, but that's another thing. But aliens? No, that's just silly. The ancient Egyptians believed in no such thing for a simple reason as true today as it was then: there's no such thing as aliens.

As I said there are a lot of ancient references to these beings. If science was able to prove that the ancients could independently plan and construct these projects around the world then one might be inclined to believe that the ancient people were making things up. Since this won't be happening in the foreseeable future we must stick to what seems more probable and what can explain best the phenomena.

What ancient references? Once again: state a credible and realistic source. Not from some half-baked website or fringe book, but something properly researched.

Archaeology has proved ancient man's efforts. The ancient Egyptians left behind a myriad of tools, there are plentiful tool marks on the rocks, we know how the Egyptians marshaled their resources and organized their work gangs. It's not like this stuff is arcane or mysterious. Look into peer-reviewed research and you will find real-word answers.

Large stone structures like the pyramids are known to withstand physical catastrophes as also human pillage. Technological sophistication in proven through the encoding of scientific knowledge -  dimensionless or physical constants, properties of numbers, geodetic or astronomical alignments etc. What makes you think that their prime and only motive was to  point out their technological sophistication? Also, how do you know they have vanished?

New Age math-play ,ight be fun for fringies but it's utterly irrelevant to proper studies of the ancient world.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, John Bastien said:

I have had enough years of him. He will give one a form of PTSD.

Only if you let him.

On 11/1/2018 at 10:14 AM, LucidElement said:

Dont know how to shorten a link =).

Anyways this is a really interesting find because if in fact they did find a ramp, then many believers in E.Ts may have a decision to face.

Well this isn't going to be a very fun thread, now, is it!? :(   boo hoo!

8 hours ago, John Bastien said:

Why am I listed as Ectoplasmic Residue? Or is that automatic.

Keep posting and eventually you'll reach the level shown under my username.

Harte

10 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

The Egyptians credited deities with inspiration and wisdom, but that's another thing. But aliens? No, that's just silly. The ancient Egyptians believed in no such thing for a simple reason as true today as it was then: there's no such thing as aliens.

I hate to break it to you, but these supposed 'deities' by definition ARE aliens. Look into Thoth. Archeologists look into the alignment of the Khufu pyramid base in regards to the cardinal direction all the time. Do they have proof it was planned by the ancient Egyptians? No. Do they believe it was intentional. Yes. How come? They deduce this based on the observables and statistical probability. They take note of where the Great Pyramid is pointing. Well there you have it. All we have to do is to take note of where the pyramids are pointing and what the probability of something like this being random is. After we acknowledge this we can move on to how they knew, and why they would encode this.

Edited by Spiros

13 minutes ago, Spiros said:

I hate to break it to you, but these supposed 'deities' by definition ARE aliens. Look into Thoth ...

Thoth was the "moon-god presiding over scribes and knowledge" (Hart 214).

A deity is a supernatural being.

Just because ancient myths and legends contain accounts of supernatural beings, many of whom are closely connected with ritual and religious thought, it does not mean that those supernatural beings come from other planets or other universes, etc.

Where, for example, is the evidence that Thoth came from Mars, Jupiter, Alpha Centauri, etc.?

36 minutes ago, Spiros said:

I hate to break it to you, but these supposed 'deities' by definition ARE aliens.

How do you define alien ?

Look into Thoth.

Thoth is a God from the ancient Egyptian pantheon. What about him ?

Archeologists look into the alignment of the Khufu pyramid base in regards to the cardinal direction all the time. Do they have proof it was planned by the ancient Egyptians? No.

Sadly we don't have blueprints from the construction of the pyramids. On the other hand we don't need blueprints to see they were built by the Egyptians, we have a series of earlier pyramids that shows how they gradually developed the means of making the great pyramids, or were all of the hundreds of Egyptian pyramids made by aliens ?

Do they believe it was intentional. Yes. How come? They deduce this based on the observables and statistical probability.

And the fact that other pyramids exist and the fact that the pyramid shape is the simplest shape to use, if you want to built a tall structure without the benefit of modern constrution techniques and modern materials like steel and concrete.

They take note of where the Great Pyramid is pointing. Well there you have it. All we have to do is to take note of where the pyramids are pointing and what the probability of something like this being random is. After we acknowledge this we can move on to how they knew, and why they would encode this.

Considering that the ancient Egyptian did know how to look at the stars, whats so special about where the pyramids are pointing ?

• Like 1

Due to the volume of graduate level work I have, I just recently had the time to examine the article in depth.

An interesting fact stood out, one that merits further attention. The ramp was found to be much steeper than earlier reconstructions of Egyptian ramps. These earlier reconstructions, as the article pointed out, was one of the major objections to the theory that the ancient Egyptians used a single ramp to construct the Great Pyramid.

The sheer volume of the ramps previously proposed by archaeologists would have exceeded that of the pyramid itself, and thus would have been impractical. However, using a ramp built at a much steeper angle would have reduced its volume considerably. The hauling of the stones up the ramp ( in this case of a contemporary alabaster quarry but likely in the case of the Giza pyramids as well) was greatly assisted by a network of pulleys which were kept in place by wooden posts. This was in fact the earliest use of the pulley yet documented.

In conclusion, I concur with the author of the article that the single ramp theory warrants further evaluation in light of this new discovery.

• Like 1

Over half the volume in a pyramid is in the bottom third of the thing.

Multiple ramps on all sides gets the job half done in a couple of years.

It's more complicated after that, but there's still no reason to go to any single ramp theory as far as I can see. There is always the possibility of switchback ramps on the faces for much more of the height (but obviously not to finish it.)

Maybe, eventually, a single ramp that forked near the top.

Harte

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, The Wistman said:

Banebdjedet field tests a prototype for the steep ramp (ultimately rejected)

giphy.gif

Just missing the steps on the sides. That may solve the goat traction issues.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Harte said:

Over half the volume in a pyramid is in the bottom third of the thing.

Multiple ramps on all sides gets the job half done in a couple of years.

It's more complicated after that, but there's still no reason to go to any single ramp theory as far as I can see. There is always the possibility of switchback ramps on the faces for much more of the height (but obviously not to finish it.)

Maybe, eventually, a single ramp that forked near the top.

Harte

I agree that multiple ramps are more likely, and would have been more efficient.  But the steepness of the newly discovered ramp does indicate that its volume would have been considerably less than the pyramid itself, which had previously been the strongest objection to external ramps being used in the pyramid's construction.

• Like 1

I am currently engaged in an intense bout of intellectual trench warfare with Cladking over at Hall of Maat.  He claims the authors of the article are proposing that the stones were not hauled up the ramp by pulleys.  Apparently no amount of hard archaeological evidence can convince someone with twelve years worth of preconceived notions about the nature of reality.

1 hour ago, Lord Harry said:

I am currently engaged in an intense bout of intellectual trench warfare with Cladking over at Hall of Maat.  He claims the authors of the article are proposing that the stones were not hauled up the ramp by pulleys.  Apparently no amount of hard archaeological evidence can convince someone with twelve years worth of preconceived notions about the nature of reality.

Be careful he doesn’t pull you down to his level of incompetence and beat you to death with his experience. 

cormac

3 hours ago, cormac mac airt said:

Be careful he doesn’t pull you down to his level of incompetence and beat you to death with his experience. 

cormac

It's a very dull, blunt weapon.

• Haha 3