Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Possible Ramp Found (Great Pyramid)

LucidElement

I drew this Bui scan overlay in 2012. I'd add a few things now, but this gives a good idea of the ramp system(s) used on G1. You'll notice how steep some are at the end. 12247841_1237307399616666_2859023748622542078_o.thumb.jpg.e05bedd80b08ffba84c20ffc8c61cc7c.jpg

Edited by M. Williams

Paging @cladking

We all want you to weigh in here. We miss hearing you say ramps aren't attested from the "great pyramid age."

Come on Clad! Say "they musta used ramps" and "stinky footed bumpkins dragging tombs up ramps" for old times sake. Kmt Sesh always talks about how much he misses your contributions here.

Edited by Lord Harry
  • Haha 3

On 2018-11-13 at 3:11 PM, M. Williams said:

I drew this Bui scan overlay in 2012. I'd add a few things now, but this gives a good idea of the ramp system(s) used on G1. You'll notice how steep some are at the end. 12247841_1237307399616666_2859023748622542078_o.thumb.jpg.e05bedd80b08ffba84c20ffc8c61cc7c.jpg

I note very strongly that this folls close to Houdin's internal ramp.

Image result for internal ramp houdin

Edited by John Bastien
  • Like 1

Houdin's theory is likely correct. The external ramps were used to build the lower third of the pyramid, and were then dismantled to construct the internal spiral ramp which was used to build the great bulk of the massive structure.

The ramp discovered was not used to build the pyramid directly, rather it demonstrates the type of ramps that existed during the Fourth Dynasty and it can be inferred that a similar ramp was used in at least some phase of the construction of the Giza pyramids.

• Like 2

The reason this area has a very different thermal signature is the concrete repair wirk done in the past.

Image result for internal ramp houdin

I've been battling the French for years .Houdin says there is an internal hallway. I say the scans show ramps that were then covered over by the casing and backing stones. The lines are the sand from the ramps leaking thru the backing stones. He vehemently  disagrees and despite the new evidence showing we were right,  he still insists there is an empty hallway . Yet the G1 muon scans definitively prove the French were wrong. 

He isn't in my league at all, I actually figured it out.

Edited by M. Williams

9 minutes ago, M. Williams said:

I've been battling the French for years .Houdin says there is an internal hallway. I say the scans show ramps that were then covered over by the casing and backing stones. The lines are the sand from the ramps leaking thru the backing stones. He vehemently  disagrees and despite the new evidence showing we were right,  he still insists there is an empty hallway . Yet the G1 muon scans definitively prove the French were wrong. 

He isn't in my league at all, I actually figured it out.

The muon scan is a density scan only for large voids. A corner hole for ramps has been found already. As well gravometric scans have detected voids as postulated by Houdin. As he has engineering firms and more brain power with evidence behind him I stand pat on his theory for now. Pure science rules, not crantology or magic geysers.

Only a Frenchman can walk up to the greatest, most famous structure ever built, see obvious haze lines and think he's the first person to see them and go investigate . Obviously someone else saw the haze lines and dug out the corner room in antiquity. You know what they found? Sand and fill and stopped digging. 

However, it is a ramp and the nature of this ramp is the mystery egyptologist Yuki Kawae is exploring and has solved for the most part. Houdin, Dassault and the rest are jokes. 

Name one prediction of his that has come true ?

The corner room with the blocked entry to the internal ramps. There are no predictions. Just logic and evidence to the fact. I am waiting to see if they pull the black in the burial chamber.

3 minutes ago, John Bastien said:

The corner room with the blocked entry to the internal ramps. There are no predictions. Just logic and evidence to the fact. I am waiting to see if they pull the black in the burial chamber.

That's a fantasy. There is no hallway behind any stone in the corner area that's dugout. Everything with them is " right behind" something. That's because it doesn't exist or the muon scans would have found it, that's why they did them. They lost. Bob Brier admits himself there isn't a hallway. 

As for the stone in the Kings Chamber...its deatination has been puzzled over way before Houdin. Lauer iirc noticed it .

I can show you visible ramps on pyramids, explain their use and how to build G1 with near zero waste or large exterior ramps.  Set the pyramidion and I'm done two weeks later . I often wonder why common people don't try to understand what i'm telling them ? Egyptologists get it. It's brilliant !

I think Mr. Williams is simply jealous that Houdin came up with the discovery and published it before he could.  Typical academic rivalry is all I see here.

The Polish team noted that there are keystones at the points in the vaulted ceilings of the ramp entrances. I think they beat the Romans in that area too. LOL

As interested as I am in seeing the internal ramp properly excavated, I am more interested in what is in the hidden passageway indicated by the thermal anomaly.  According to Houdin's theory, in order to account for the Great Pyramid's structural stability and to remain in line with the contemporary royal mortuary architectural layout, there would need to be two hidden antechambers just behind the king's chamber.

Perhaps Khufu's original grave goods still await discovery?