Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
LucidElement

Possible Ramp Found (Great Pyramid)

271 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Lord Harry
Just now, kmt_sesh said:

What are they saying?

Cladking thinks the ramp is actually a road, while Boris and Spiros are still promoting their own pet theories, and completely ignoring the new archaeological evidence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kmt_sesh
6 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

Cladking thinks the ramp is actually a road, while Boris and Spiros are still promoting their own pet theories, and completely ignoring the new archaeological evidence.

Has anyone reminded clad about the steps and post holes? And absence of geysers? And how on earth is Hall of Maat even tolerating such fringies?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord Harry
4 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Has anyone reminded clad about the steps and post holes? And absence of geysers? And how on earth is Hall of Maat even tolerating such fringies?

We have all reminded him.  But he is simply rehashing his tired old "the word ramp isn't attested from the Pyramid Age," "Egyptologists make predetermined assumptions about the evidence" blah blah blah.  He has addressed nothing of any substance other than claiming the structure is "too long" to be a ramp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kmt_sesh
1 hour ago, Lord Harry said:

We have all reminded him.  But he is simply rehashing his tired old "the word ramp isn't attested from the Pyramid Age," "Egyptologists make predetermined assumptions about the evidence" blah blah blah.  He has addressed nothing of any substance other than claiming the structure is "too long" to be a ramp.

Well, you know as well as I do, it's barely worth the effort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BorizBadinov

Ramps for heavy objects are long by necessity. Railroads for example only climb at a 2% grade because gravity sucks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Windowpane
5 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

... how on earth is Hall of Maat even tolerating such fringies?

Looking at the front page, it says "Weighing the evidence for alternative history."  So, before they can be debated, alternative views presumably have to be presented.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Noteverythingisaconspiracy
20 hours ago, NicoletteS said:

Im a little lost. This is a wonderful and long overdue discovery... but how does that prove/disprove anything relating to e.t.s?

It obviously proves that ET's used ramps. :rolleyes:

This is how the pyramids were really built by aliens:

Pyramids were built by aliens. The picture states that Egyptian pyramids were built by aliens, and then pictures said aliens as slaves instead of high-tech race

 

On a more serious note, why would any work done by real acheologists include aliens ?

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BorizBadinov
7 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

It obviously proves that ET's used ramps. :rolleyes:

This is how the pyramids were really built by aliens:

Pyramids were built by aliens. The picture states that Egyptian pyramids were built by aliens, and then pictures said aliens as slaves instead of high-tech race

 

On a more serious note, why would any work done by real acheologists include aliens ?

Love that graphic, it was just what I was imagining :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BorizBadinov

I really wish there were closer pictures of the post holes. Most of the graphics I have seen don't show it very well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oniomancer
15 hours ago, Lord Harry said:

Cladking thinks the ramp is actually a road, while Boris and Spiros are still promoting their own pet theories, and completely ignoring the new archaeological evidence.

A road, in the middle of an alabaster quarry, that goes...where exactly?

15 hours ago, Lord Harry said:

We have all reminded him.  But he is simply rehashing his tired old "the word ramp isn't attested from the Pyramid Age," "Egyptologists make predetermined assumptions about the evidence" blah blah blah.  He has addressed nothing of any substance other than claiming the structure is "too long" to be a ramp.

Gotta love how he turns on a dime with his "The AE spoke in metaphor" spiel when it doesn't work in his favor.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harte
3 hours ago, Oniomancer said:

A road, in the middle of an alabaster quarry, that goes...where exactly?

Probably to another alabaster quarry.

Those alabasterds like to stay in touch.

Harte

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord Harry

@kmt_sesh @Kenemet et all... Is any one aware of royal cartouches being associated with paved roads in ancient Egypt? Especially during the Old Kingdom?

I have been unable to find any information. Thank you in advance.

Edited by Lord Harry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kenemet
35 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

@kmt_sesh @Kenemet et all... Is any one aware of royal cartouches being associated with paved roads in ancient Egypt? Especially during the Old Kingdom?

I have been unable to find any information. Thank you in advance.

It might depend on where and what usage.  If I recall correctly, there weren't a lot of paved roads around; most were in mortuary/temple complexes and went only relatively short distances (less than a few kilometers.)  I have heard/read somewhere about inscriptions, etc, on roads but can't call anything to mind beyond that.  There are cartouches associated with military roads, yes, and graffiti associated with trade roads but both these types of roads were not paved.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord Harry
38 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

It might depend on where and what usage.  If I recall correctly, there weren't a lot of paved roads around; most were in mortuary/temple complexes and went only relatively short distances (less than a few kilometers.)  I have heard/read somewhere about inscriptions, etc, on roads but can't call anything to mind beyond that.  There are cartouches associated with military roads, yes, and graffiti associated with trade roads but both these types of roads were not paved.  

Thank you. I am looking for ammunition to battle Cladking over his assertion that the ramp was nothing more than a "paved road." If it can be proven royal cartouches are interested from such structures, than his entire argument will fall like a deck of cards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spiros
On 11/1/2018 at 10:49 AM, Robotic Jew said:

Nah. They would just ignore it like the mountains of other evidence showing that it wasn't built by aliens.

Or the evidence of mountains showing that aliens made them build it. By the way aliens means foreigners, just like the 3 peak hieroglyph means foreign land.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CryptidSeeker

i have tried catching up on all of this but its blowing my mind. was it aliens or not, and whats a ramp got to do wit it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord Harry
2 hours ago, Spiros said:

Or the evidence of mountains showing that aliens made them build it. By the way aliens means foreigners, just like the 3 peak hieroglyph means foreign land.

If you are going to promote the ever so tiresome idea that extraterrestrials built the pyramids, then you are going to have to do a Hell of a lot better than erroneously suggesting that the ability to construct such massive stone monuments was beyond the ability of ancient man.

You can start first by providing evidence for the existence of such hypothetical beings. Next you must provide convincing evidence that the aforementioned hypothetical beings visited earth during antiquity. Third, there surely must be some reason as to why such an advanced race of super intelligent beings chose to build monuments using a relatively "primitive" medium as stone rather than an advanced, otherworldly medium which would leave no doubt as to their technological sophistication. And finally, why build magnificent stone structures all over the earth spanning continents and millennia and then vanish without a trace?

If you can't answer all of the above questions satisfactorily, then your claims can safely be dismissed as pure and utter nonsense by competent authorities. 

Edited by Lord Harry
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Noteverythingisaconspiracy
2 hours ago, CryptidSeeker said:

i have tried catching up on all of this but its blowing my mind. was it aliens or not, and whats a ramp got to do wit it?

If you need to ask those question I suggest you do a lot more catching up and steer away from woo sites when you catch up.

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kmt_sesh
10 hours ago, Lord Harry said:

@kmt_sesh @Kenemet et all... Is any one aware of royal cartouches being associated with paved roads in ancient Egypt? Especially during the Old Kingdom?

I have been unable to find any information. Thank you in advance.

I don't know about paved roads, but if memory serves, Khufu's seal was found in the footing of the ramp at G1. You might want to look into this more carefully.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kmt_sesh
3 hours ago, CryptidSeeker said:

i have tried catching up on all of this but its blowing my mind. was it aliens or not, and whats a ramp got to do wit it?

That's an easy one to answer. There's no such things as aliens. From space, anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spiros
13 hours ago, Lord Harry said:

If you are going to promote the ever so tiresome idea that extraterrestrials built the pyramids, then you are going to have to do a Hell of a lot better than erroneously suggesting that the ability to construct such massive stone monuments was beyond the ability of ancient man.

If you think the idea is tiresome imagine how tiresome it was for the Egyptians to build it! I never claimed extraterrestrials built the pyramids. The Egyptians themselves claimed that aliens(gods) designed the pyramids. Aliens could be extraterrestrials, they can be interdimensional beings, they could be time traveling humans, they could be a number of things. You need to investigate the facts. Even hard-core ufologists like Erik Fon Deneken agree that the pyramids were physically constructed by ancient Egyptians. So what it the fuss every time archeologist come up with new insight on ancient construction techniques? Can they prove that the aliens did not help the locals come up with these techniques? Probably not.

 

 

You can start first by providing evidence for the existence of such hypothetical beings. Next you must provide convincing evidence that the aforementioned hypothetical beings visited earth during antiquity.

As I said there are a lot of ancient references to these beings. If science was able to prove that the ancients could independently plan and construct these projects around the world then one might be inclined to believe that the ancient people were making things up. Since this won't be happening in the foreseeable future we must stick to what seems more probable and what can explain best the phenomena.

 

Third, there surely must be some reason as to why such an advanced race of super intelligent beings chose to build monuments using a relatively "primitive" medium as stone rather than an advanced, otherworldly medium which would leave no doubt as to their technological sophistication. And finally, why build magnificent stone structures all over the earth spanning continents and millennia and then vanish without a trace?

Large stone structures like the pyramids are known to withstand physical catastrophes as also human pillage. Technological sophistication in proven through the encoding of scientific knowledge -  dimensionless or physical constants, properties of numbers, geodetic or astronomical alignments etc. What makes you think that their prime and only motive was to  point out their technological sophistication? Also, how do you know they have vanished?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Windowpane
1 hour ago, Spiros said:

...

Technological sophistication in proven through the encoding of scientific knowledge -  dimensionless or physical constants, properties of numbers, geodetic or astronomical alignments etc. 

...

Why didn't they just write the knowledge down somewhere?  After all, the Babylonians wrote tables of reciprocals ...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harte
7 hours ago, Spiros said:

If you think the idea is tiresome imagine how tiresome it was for the Egyptians to build it! I never claimed extraterrestrials built the pyramids. The Egyptians themselves claimed that aliens(gods) designed the pyramids.

Please provide your source for that ridiculous claim.

7 hours ago, Spiros said:

As I said there are a lot of ancient references to these beings. If science was able to prove that the ancients could independently plan and construct these projects around the world then one might be inclined to believe that the ancient people were making things up. Since this won't be happening in the foreseeable future we must stick to what seems more probable and what can explain best the phenomena.

You demand that science prove a negative, because it's easy to prove the AE's could design and build any structure found in ancient Egypt.

You simply put stakes down on a completely untenable position and make up some happy crappy that would satisfy you enough to prod you to actually make a logical conclusion.

The quote in my signature is custom-made for you.

Harte

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cormac mac airt
1 hour ago, Harte said:

Please provide your source for that ridiculous claim.

You demand that science prove a negative, because it's easy to prove the AE's could design and build any structure found in ancient Egypt.

You simply put stakes down on a completely untenable position and make up some happy crappy that would satisfy you enough to prod you to actually make a logical conclusion.

The quote in my signature is custom-made for you.

Harte

You might want to add that the source MUST be contemporary to the Gizamids' construction and NOT something from centuries or millenia later. 

cormac

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord Harry
10 hours ago, Spiros said:

If you think the idea is tiresome imagine how tiresome it was for the Egyptians to build it! I never claimed extraterrestrials built the pyramids. The Egyptians themselves claimed that aliens(gods) designed the pyramids. Aliens could be extraterrestrials, they can be interdimensional beings, they could be time traveling humans, they could be a number of things. You need to investigate the facts. Even hard-core ufologists like Erik Fon Deneken agree that the pyramids were physically constructed by ancient Egyptians. So what it the fuss every time archeologist come up with new insight on ancient construction techniques? Can they prove that the aliens did not help the locals come up with these techniques? Probably not.

 

 

As I said there are a lot of ancient references to these beings. If science was able to prove that the ancients could independently plan and construct these projects around the world then one might be inclined to believe that the ancient people were making things up. Since this won't be happening in the foreseeable future we must stick to what seems more probable and what can explain best the phenomena.

 

 

Large stone structures like the pyramids are known to withstand physical catastrophes as also human pillage. Technological sophistication in proven through the encoding of scientific knowledge -  dimensionless or physical constants, properties of numbers, geodetic or astronomical alignments etc. What makes you think that their prime and only motive was to  point out their technological sophistication? Also, how do you know they have vanished?

Science HAS PROVEN that ancient man was capable of planning and constructing megaliths and stone monuments such as the Giza pyramids.  The only people who believe otherwise are those who are uninformed, hopelessly naive, willfully ignorant, or just plain stupid.

The only question here is to which of the above categories do you fall into sir?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.