Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Car jammed between barriers baffles internet

Eldorado

1 hour ago, seanjo said:

No mystery, just physics, Inertia and momentum.

Exactly this ^.

In fact, the last person in the article pretty much mentions the same thing. Although, due to the damage, I think it was the other way round (forward into the post on an angle)

"I think the man reversed the Toyota and the car somehow managed to bounce in to that position."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I saw a car bounce like that over a curb. It ended up perched on a retaining wall five feet high.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, seanjo said:

I'm guessing the car hit the post at the front right side and the angular momentum induced by that forced the back end past the rear post.

Yep. And there's a fair bit of 'give' in those plastic bumpers to allow the car into the gap before expanding again. I'm sure the cops see stuff like this every now and then, it certainly won't be the first.

I don't think it bounced but probably while backing in the rear of the car actually came up off the ground (front of the car intact at this point), this created a bit of space in the front and when he realized what happened he went to go forward but by then he was aligned with the front pole so he smashed into that.

• Like 2

It doesn't take much to baffle the internet nowadays. Every week there's at least one story in the newspapers about how the internet has been "left baffled."

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Stiff said:

Exactly this ^.

In fact, the last person in the article pretty much mentions the same thing. Although, due to the damage, I think it was the other way round (forward into the post on an angle)

"I think the man reversed the Toyota and the car somehow managed to bounce in to that position."

It was a MAN driving it?!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Black Monk said:

It was a MAN driving it?!

I know, I know. It shocked me too lol1.gif

• Like 1