Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dead Sea comes to life, as Ezekiel foretold?

Eldorado

And it shall come to pass that fishers shall stand by it from En-gedi even unto En-eglaim; there shall be a place for the spreading of nets; their fish shall be after their kinds as the fish of the Great Sea exceeding many. Ezekiel 47:10 (The Israel Bible)

"For those who have visited the lowest point on the face of the earth, Ezekiel’s end-of-days prophecy of the Dead Sea coming to life seems impossible, yet recently, scientists have been shocked to discover that the sinkholes appearing around the sea are quickly filling up with fish and other forms of life previously unseen in the inhospitable region."

Full article: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/114621/ezekiels-vision-revealed-dead-sea-life/

The End is Nigh?

"The three signs that Biblical prophecies about end of the world and the Messiah are 'coming true'"

Full article: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/three-signs-biblical-prophecies-end-13526987

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 1

Going into the world of end times prophecy now, El? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

Going into the world of end times prophecy now, El? 

We live in a pretend Society that doesn't address problems properly that are uncomfortable to admit to and address, Vlad.  I can see an "End of Days" coming. You ignore real health problems, you die before your time.

• Like 3

When they starting hauling in huge nets full of cod and herring maybe I'll take note ;) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Reading on through the article, after you get through the ridiculous Biblical prophecy nonsense, the real story is that the Dead Sea is ........ dying.   And it's all due to human activity.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

The End of The World is Here if Snake Appearing in Israel's Western Wall is Symbolic of Ancient Biblical Prophecy.

We had all better get ourselves prepared for a very big day in next year’s calendar, if a snake seen scaring away a pigeon between the ancient stones of Israel’s Western Wall is indeed, as some are claiming, “a prophecy directly pre-dating the coming of the Messiah.”

https://www.ancient-origins.net/news-history-archaeology/biblical-prophecy-israel-0010945

On 05/11/2018 at 1:40 PM, Eldorado said:

The End of The World is Here if Snake Appearing in Israel's Western Wall is Symbolic of Ancient Biblical Prophecy.

We had all better get ourselves prepared for a very big day in next year’s calendar, if a snake seen scaring away a pigeon between the ancient stones of Israel’s Western Wall is indeed, as some are claiming, “a prophecy directly pre-dating the coming of the Messiah.”

https://www.ancient-origins.net/news-history-archaeology/biblical-prophecy-israel-0010945

What's the point in this. There have been literally thousands of "prophecies", not a single one has ever come true. What makes these any different, the presence of iPhones?

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Emma_Acid said:

What's the point in this. There have been literally thousands of "prophecies", not a single one has ever come true. What makes these any different, the presence of iPhones?

You'd need to ask a psychologist the reasons we like such things.

Why is it mostly women who are into fortune-tellers and horoscopes?

1 minute ago, Eldorado said:

What is the relevance of this??

19 minutes ago, Emma_Acid said:

What is the relevance of this??

It popped into my head when thinking about prophecy and fortune telling and the mystery of what the future holds.

Edited by Eldorado

18 hours ago, Eldorado said:

It popped into my head when thinking about prophecy and fortune telling and the mystery of what the future holds.

Well it can pop straight back out again then can't it

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

21 hours ago, Eldorado said:

You'd need to ask a psychologist the reasons we like such things.

The same can be said about things like the law of attraction as well. Spirituality seems to attract more women than men. Might have to do with some emotional need. There's probably a study about this floating around the net.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, XenoFish said:

The same can be said about things like the law of attraction as well. Spirituality seems to attract more women than men. Might have to do with some emotional need. There's probably a study about this floating around the net.

Oh please. What a typical response that lays responsibility for the belief at the feet of the women's uncontrollable emotions rather than any other external factor.

A 2005 poll by Gallup shows that belief in astrology by American men and women isn't wildly nonequivalent - 23 versus 28%. In Canada and the UK, the difference is more stark - but this just means that the men believe a lot less, its not necessarily the women that believe more (although the numbers are slightly higher).

So why is this? Well, while this may cause eyes to roll, it's probably to do with societal control. Studies into the so-called "locus of control" shows that men generally have a more internally focused sense of control - that is, they feel more that they can control their destinies, while women's is generally more external - there is less of a feeling of general control. People with a smaller degree of perceived control over their lives are of course going to believe more in external factors such as "the stars control our destinies". 

Couple this with gender stereotyped media output; women talk more about horoscopes because they read more about them - because of this outmoded idea that women's brains can only handle fluffy fantasy content. When was the last time you opened a man's mag and read horoscopes? I think this is very much a case of women wanting only what is being given to them, not the other way around.

While I admit the research on this is thin on the ground, it does make sense - much more sense than a simple Victorian view of "hysterical women".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Get over yourself Emma. I'm not blaming anyone. Just going from my own observations. If you want to play victim don't tire yourself out. 

A little old but here:http://www.pewforum.org/2016/03/22/women-more-likely-than-men-to-affiliate-with-a-religion/

You kind of are, and you're doing it without seeing any wider context. "It's just women and their emotions". And I'm not playing any sort of victim, I'm pointing out where this comes from as a historical construct, if you can't handle that and just want to carry believing that a male-dominated society can't be responsible for the way certain people act, go nuts.

5 minutes ago, Emma_Acid said:

You kind of are, and you're doing it without seeing any wider context. "It's just women and their emotions". And I'm not playing any sort of victim, I'm pointing out where this comes from as a historical construct, if you can't handle that and just want to carry believing that a male-dominated society can't be responsible for the way certain people act, go nuts.

Society is a joke. 

23 hours ago, XenoFish said:

1 hour ago, Emma_Acid said:

I think it goes without saying that, generally speaking,  female and male emotional responses to stimuli are not altogether equal.

But the reason that women might be more inclined to read horoscopes has nothing to do with emotions...it has everything to do with Entertainment factors.  The reason horoscopes are found more often in women's magazines is because women seem to find more entertainment value in them than do men.  It has to do more with Marketing than anything else.  Women's magazines do studies on what women will and will not buy....they have found that women are entertained by Horoscopes...so...they publish them.  Men's magazines do the the same thing...The Market caters to entertainment factors for the most part.