Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Ghost of caretaker' haunting old Hull school

Stiff

(Warning, use some form of ad blocker as the link is full of annoying pop-ups)

A chilling photo is said to have captured the ghost of a caretaker who is said to haunt a former Hull school and nightclub.

The eerie image, taken at The Old School House in Malton Street – more recently known as Bongo Bongo – on Friday, November 2 showed a face peering out from behind some old spirit bottles.

History recounts the story of a caretaker who, during the Second World War, went outside the school during an air raid to tape up some windows, and was hit by shrapnel from a falling bomb.

He made it back into the school, which was at the time used as an air raid shelter, but died in the building.

His ghost is still said to haunt the building.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/chilling-moment-group-saw-ghost-2181935

• Like 2

Lol, what was his nickname - little head? Do peoples head shrink when they die? I know they decompose but to go down in size? 

Just comparing its size against the (cough) spirit bottles.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

22 minutes ago, acute said:

Why isn't he doing his job and throwing those bottles in the skip?

They are his cousins now, all spirits together. 

On that note, if a caretaker ghost was haunting there, he must have loved his job so much when alive, now he is doing it for free. 

• Like 2

Just had a thought, when someone has been paying into a pension, if ghosts where real then why is there no law allowing them to transfer the pension over or why has no ghost requested it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

^ He was under pension age when he died, of course.

Edited by acute
  • Like 2

The Old School House was built in 1882.

What has the year it was built got to do with the caretaker? 

History recounts the story of a caretaker who, during the Second World War who went outside the school during an air raid to tape up some windows, and was hit by shrapnel from a falling bomb.

He made it back into the school, which was at the time used as an air raid shelter, but died in the building.

NOTHING.....thats what.

They just try to add extra woo and it has no connection at all with when the guy died there.

“It was one of the guests who took this photo. He was going through the photos on his camera and spotted the face.

Oh here we go again,  :sleepy:

they saw no ghost or little head at the time. Another case of pareidolia.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, freetoroam said:

Lol, what was his nickname - little head? Do peoples head shrink when they die? I know they decompose but to go down in size? 

Just comparing its size against the (cough) spirit bottles.

Seems about right to me.

How tiny are whisky and vodka bottles where you come from?

51 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

They just try to add extra woo and it has no connection at all with when the guy died there.

Oh dear.  Telling us about the history of the building. That's terrible. I shall be sending a strongly-worded email to The Hull Daily Mail to tell them never to do it again.

Edited by Black Monk

8 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

I shall be sending a strongly-worded email to The Hull Daily Mail to tell them never to do it again.

While you're at it, can you mention to the teenage chavs that appear to be running the gaff that a little bit of proofreading and correct grammar wouldn't go amiss on most of their daily articles. And also, could they calm down a little with the word 'fury' in their headlines. Not a single day goes by without 'Mum's fury at...' or Drivers fury at...'

I'd do it myself but they don't seem to be able to take any kind of criticism whatsoever and all of my email accounts have been blocked.

Thank you in advance. :)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Stiff said:

While you're at it, can you mention to the teenage chavs that appear to be running the gaff that a little bit of proofreading and correct grammar wouldn't go amiss on most of their daily articles. And also, could they calm down a little with the word 'fury' in their headlines. Not a single day goes by without 'Mum's fury at...' or Drivers fury at...'

I'd do it myself but they don't seem to be able to take any kind of criticism whatsoever and all of my email accounts have been blocked.

Thank you in advance. :)

You seem to know a lot about that local newspaper. Are you from Hull?

51 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

You seem to know a lot about that local newspaper. Are you from Hull?

Originally yes. I'm on the outskirts now. More rural - less chavs.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Black Monk said:

Oh dear.  Telling us about the history of the building. That's terrible. I shall be sending a strongly-worded email to The Hull Daily Mail to tell them never to do it again.

That is not really saying much about the history of the building, just the date? And yet she does know more:

They always welcome us and fill our guests in with the history of the building

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/chilling-moment-group-saw-ghost-2181935

It is a night club, and by looking at the pics on google and videos, pretty busy, and yet this is the only pic we have of an alleged ghost, by someone who did not even actually see it. 

Don't tell me, the ghost only appears in cameras. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

and yet this is the only pic we have of an alleged ghost

Oh I wouldn't say that. This one must be the best one yet. Where's Papa? 

Papa! Papa!!!

4221396001_5509478559001_5509471490001-v

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Stiff said:

Papa! Papa!!!

4221396001_5509478559001_5509471490001-v

Which one is the caretaker? 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Stiff said:

Papa! Papa!!!

Papa to the rescue after the petty inane comments I've seen so far. When you guy's actually want to hear the other side of the coin do the old @papgeorge1 thing (include the @ sign) because I am always willing to let you know my thoughts as you know.

My thought is that this OP story is like ten thousand and one other photos/videos I've seen. This one is too much for the pareidolia explanation. It could be faked but I think the chances that every quality ghost photo is faked is starting to approach zero. And the important question for me is not if this particular photo is faked but are all of the better quality ones fakes or does a belief in the paranormal become the more reasonable belief at some point. And photos are only one sliver of that iceberg of evidence for the paranormal.

On this one, the old Papameter reads  62% Paranormal; 33% Fake; 5% (some natural phenomena like a reflection)

9 hours ago, freetoroam said:

Which one is the caretaker? 

I'd have to guess the one with the 'tash 

Poopoometer buries the needle again - must be getting stuck in all the residual BS.

I'm sure it's just coincidence that the tiny little featureless white face appears on a shiny reflective pipe sitting right next to a bunch of brightly lit bottles, right?

Couldn't be a reflection, no, not at all. That's crazy talk.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1

Maybe it's Glen Fiddich. I guess we'll never know for sure.

Pfft who works for free in this day and age. He clearly wants his paycheck he hasn't been paid after all these years maybe this is why he is a ghost or you know a reflection I cant believe who mentioned this what an incompetent fool with an answer that may be more than likely right how dare you crush our belief with logic you made me a realist or maybe ive always been one.(good lord i went off track)

Edited by skrubby

On 04/11/2018 at 8:47 PM, freetoroam said:

That is not really saying much about the history of the building, just the date? 

I don't know. Is it?